Diesel price

dave mackie

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Only a couple of places in the S&SY canal area for diesel, both at Thorne.

Thorne Boat Services: £1.26 Ltr

Stannilands: £1.50 Ltr

Also two places in Goole, Viking Marina and Goole Boathouse. I don't know their current prices.

7 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Prices seem to be dropping daily at the petrol stations we pass on the way too and from work.

It will only be temporary relief to peoples budgets though with the massive hikes in energy prices due in October :rolleyes:

So they should, oil is lower now than before the Russians started playing silly buggers, however I think a lot of diesel is imported as a finished product

image.png.87e888cb68383c609a7e1b3d0305d808.png

33 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

So they should, oil is lower now than before the Russians started playing silly buggers, however I think a lot of diesel is imported as a finished product

I don't pretend to know how it all works, but the gas wholesale prices don't seem to justify an increase from around £1000 a year last year, to a likely 5 times that next year.

It strikes me that somebody, somewhere, is taking the piss, and our government is allowing them to get away with it, maybe even positively encouraging it 😒 

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

18% or so Google said. I think world wide demand after the pandemic is fueling the problem, here diesel went down another penny overnight. 

Of course the refineries lost money over the pandemic, so they have to pay back loans/grants, so until that is finished with we will have to pay.

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

I don't pretend to know how it all works, but the gas wholesale prices don't seem to justify an increase from around £1000 a year last year, to a likely 5 times that next year.

It strikes me that somebody, somewhere, is taking the piss, and our government is allowing them to get away with it, maybe even positively encouraging it 😒 

Or spin. The headline come the winter.  This is how bad it would have been if we hadn't intervened.

3 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

There is no government until 5th September!

Ours is fixed but the details are not mine to divulge. We are happy with what we are spending each month, and if the prices do rise by the huge amounts the papers think, then we will be even happier - till the fixed price needs negotiating again!.

Noticed this morning that diesel prices have crept up again at a couple of the petrol stations we drive past on the way to work.

They are a couple of the ones that are always expensive but hope this is not a sign of things to come :huh:

19 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

How are electricity prices in marinas going? I know its up! but what is the going rate at present. Ours is 40p per unit.

At Farndon marina  they started a  new fixed rate three year deal in December 2021

At the time it meant  the cost per unit doubled .

I believe it  works out at about 30p per unit when the admin fee is taken into account .

At the time it was a big increase but now looks relatively attractive . 

Businesses like marinas are not subject to a price cap with the only price protection being if they have   entered into a longer term deal with their supplier .

3 hours ago, davem399 said:

For the first time in many weeks, the supermarkets are the cheapest once again locally, but prices seemed to have levelled off.

Diesel at the pumps is creeping up again around here. I filled the van up last week at £1.73 then yesterday the cheapest I could find was £1.80.

10 minutes ago, MtB said:

Diesel at the pumps is creeping up again around here. I filled the van up last week at £1.73 then yesterday the cheapest I could find was £1.80.

We never got as low as £1.73, best I’ve seen lately is £1.82, the current price at our local Tesco.