LEC 240V fridge power consumption with inverter / power audit

thingsweregood

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

So equivalent to 52Ah at 12 V.

Yes, this is a LEC under counter with an ice box and was about 18 years ago, so newer ones may be more efficient, but its still working so not ready for the skip yet

The fridge with icebox on our boat in France (warmer than UK) consumes an average of 14 W in hot weather. Bog standard A+ spec. The inverter uses a bit less as quiescent consumption: around 9 W from memory.

1 hour ago, nb Innisfree said:

I measured the run time on a 12/24v LEC, repeated it several times, result - approx 12hrs run time per 24hrs, same result winter and summer, never could work out how that happened. 

My boat is about as warm in the winter as summer apart from a few days. I have the heating on in the winter

On 01/07/2021 at 08:58, David Mack said:

So in the initial run, the inverter + fridge consumed 3.4 Amps and ran for 7.6 hours in 24. So the daily power consumption was 26 Ah.

What about the other 16.4 hours of the inverter running under no load conditions? Not insignificant with some inverters out there.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What about the other 16.4 hours of the inverter running under no load conditions? Not insignificant with some inverters out there.

I did put my inverter consumption on there. I also didn't deduct the hours the engine was running. They are just the numbers I recorded,

17 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I did put my inverter consumption on there. I also didn't deduct the hours the engine was running. They are just the numbers I recorded,

Yes, it was the bit I quoted which I was querying - the figure there could be a long way out for anyone with a hungry inverter running 24/7 just to service the fridge.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes, it was the bit I quoted which I was querying - the figure there could be a long way out for anyone with a hungry inverter running 24/7 just to service the fridge.

That is very true, which is why I bought the one I have