Jump to content

The Admiral Rooney? Or Captain Coleen?


Featured Posts

Given that the landlady thought it appropriate to post that they were in the pub on Facebook, I’m guessing that they won’t be going back!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn’t see them, but they apparently passed us while we were moored yesterday. 
I’m not into celebrity, so let’s hope they can enjoy the rest of their holiday without interruption. 

  • Greenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Beo said:

Given that the landlady thought it appropriate to post that they were in the pub on Facebook, I’m guessing that they won’t be going back!

Why? They seemed happy to pose for a photo with the landlady.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they were at Wheaton Aston on Saturday and Brewood on Sunday, I wonder where they'll be watching the match tonight?  I can imagine some deeply shocked regulars in some pub in Wombourne later on when the Rooneys stroll in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

 I can imagine some deeply shocked regulars in some pub in Wombourne later on when the Rooneys stroll in.

They'll get along fine as long as they remember to use short words if they speak to Wayne.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Obviously no heating on their boat, he's had to go to the pub in his sleeping bag :) 

The missus is in a little cardi and he's in a gurt big coat... and no socks. The great daft 'aporth!

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/06/2021 at 15:55, Rob-M said:

We passed them at Brewood yesterday as they were leaving the moorings.  Didn't see Wayne but saw Coleen on the towpath.

Were they on a hireboat? If so, which fleet? I can't find out. Could be a canal story, but at the moment it's a pub story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Andrew Denny said:

Were they on a hireboat? If so, which fleet? I can't find out. Could be a canal story, but at the moment it's a pub story.

Have you asked the landlady of The Bridge at Brewood what she knows ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Have you asked the landlady of The Bridge at Brewood what she knows ?

Why?  If somebody had asked which boat you were on and that information was given out how happy would you be?  If you wouldn't mind then so be it, but it does seem a shame that 'celebrities' cannot enjoy anonymity or even some peace on a holiday.  Just the nature of the beast I suppose but actively searching for information where they will be is a bit creepy. Just to gain a selfie perhaps but how bladdy awful that would be!  

  • Greenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Why?  If somebody had asked which boat you were on and that information was given out how happy would you be?  If you wouldn't mind then so be it, but it does seem a shame that 'celebrities' cannot enjoy anonymity or even some peace on a holiday.  Just the nature of the beast I suppose but actively searching for information where they will be is a bit creepy. Just to gain a selfie perhaps but how bladdy awful that would be!  

 

Well, I was thinking of after the event, not interrupting their holiday, but asking them afterwards about their impressions. 

But I didn't want to ask the pub because I never expected the pub to know (or care) what the boat was or their route. 

But as it happens I have since learned that it was a Napton boat, hired from Autherley.  I wonder how far they got up the Shroppie. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Andrew Denny said:

 

Well, I was thinking of after the event, not interrupting their holiday, but asking them afterwards about their impressions. 

 

 

Why?  ...or more pertinently how since presumably they will have left the area after the holiday.   If you did find them I suspect its quite likely they will tell you it would have been great if people had left them alone to enjoy it.  I bet he's brought along a great big tv for tonights match but woe betide if he runs the engine to watch it!  I could of course be entirely wrong and he seeks out a pub with a tv and joins in with the merry crowd.   Shall you be looking for that pub up the Shroppie? 

 

 

Edited by Chagall
grammar!....one cannot have football matches onboard!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andrew Denny said:

Were they on a hireboat? If so, which fleet? I can't find out. Could be a canal story, but at the moment it's a pub story.

It was a marine cruises we think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andrew Denny said:

Were they on a hireboat? If so, which fleet? I can't find out. Could be a canal story, but at the moment it's a pub story.

 

Napton Narrowboats down at Autherley according to the Book of Face

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Chagall said:

Why?  If somebody had asked which boat you were on and that information was given out how happy would you be?  If you wouldn't mind then so be it, but it does seem a shame that 'celebrities' cannot enjoy anonymity or even some peace on a holiday.  Just the nature of the beast I suppose but actively searching for information where they will be is a bit creepy. Just to gain a selfie perhaps but how bladdy awful that would be!  

Their holiday has finished & the landlady may have seen their hire company.No need at all to be so defensive on their behalf.I suspect a magazine article may be written by Andrew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Their holiday has finished & the landlady may have seen their hire company.No need at all to be so defensive on their behalf.I suspect a magazine article may be written by Andrew.

Yes, the holiday has ended (it finished ten days ago), it's now wide public knowledge, the tabloids reported it afterwards, and the family is used to coverage of their getaways. Famous people using the canals is just a chatty bit of minor news, it wouldn't be a full 'article'. It's probably a dead end and there are a lot of those in journalism. Who knows, though, we can sometimes get them to open up about their experiences, happens several times a year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.