Looking To Buy First Time For Liveaboard

Dozee

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, LadyG said:

That's a van 

I suggest that before you post you do some research. 
Motorhomes are NOT vans and have a totally different taxation class now.

And I note that all the caravan and motorhome dealers I have looked at in England are closed because of your lock-down as they are considered NON-ESSENTIAL.

• Greenie 2

7 hours ago, haggis said:

I wasn't thinking of the train episode, I was thinking back to how you used to go on at great length about your view of the behaviour of others in the marina yet now you are saying there is absolutely no risk in you visiting bookies and pubs or someone going to look at a boat in a marina and being handed (possibly contaminated) keys and looking over a (possibly contaminated) boat. . You also complained recently about the fact that as a CCer you weren't allowed to cruise if you wanted to. I must admit that made me smile when I thought how little cruising you have done since you bought the boat ? 

haggis

My neighbour in the marina spent all day and every day moving from one boat to another, other people's dogs were enticed on his boat, he went in his partner's car to the marina office, leaving gates open, and just behaving as he always did, ie coming and going about five times a day in his partner's car,  when I told him he needed to behave he told me we all died sometime. A psyhcopath actually.

First day of lockdown there were about a dozen visitors, absolute,y no care in the world, the boat on the other side of me had four people (two visitors) in their cruiser stern with pramhood, 

The rest were out having cups of tea, moving from one place to another. Those who were designated KEY workers abused this privelege to go shopping, driving to the marina office, in fact not locking down.

I was faced with spending three months indoors or moving out of that ghetto, which is what I did, CRT were willing to send me an assistant as I had never driven the boat, and I was pretty much jammed in, if the same situation occurred today, I would just tell the psycho next door that I was moving, and I'd not bother a damn if I hit the boat.

I has to complain to Daniel, and eventually they stopped stalking me.

I just gave a short precis, as no one would have understood at that time, what damage Covid would do.

Edited by LadyG
  • Angry 1

Key workers are allowed to shop like the rest of us.

During the first lockdown, I am told BSS inspectors were requested to ensure a boat had been left empty for 3 days, apparently,  before they could board (who knows what liveaboards were supposed to do) , to avoid risk. So yes, going onto an empty boat could be deemed risky just now,  even alone.

7 minutes ago, Ally said:

Key workers are allowed to shop like the rest of us.

During the first lockdown, I am told BSS inspectors were requested to ensure a boat had been left empty for 3 days, apparently,  before they could board (who knows what liveaboards were supposed to do) , to avoid risk. So yes, going onto an empty boat could be deemed risky just now,  even alone.

Key workers are allowed to shop, but not to drive about on non essential journeys.

Not sure sbout BSC , these key workers were just people who had jobs locally, they did not need to go shopping every day, or drive here there and evreywhere, the key worker examption applies to driving to and from work, other than essential shopping, they don't need to drive around two or three times a day. They have to behave like everyone else, otherwise all the key workers could be staying on boats, or second homes, line dancing and going to Key Worker Raves.

Edited by LadyG

5 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

And I note that all the caravan and motorhome dealers I have looked at in England are closed because of your lock-down as they are considered NON-ESSENTIAL.

Indeed so and from earlier this year the regs became more onerous in modifications that need doing to enable being changed to the correct taxation class.

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Indeed so and from earlier this year the regs became more onerous in modifications that need doing to enable being changed to the correct taxation class.

What about a 24 berth Minivan.

32 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Key workers are allowed to shop, but not to drive about on non essential journeys.

Not sure sbout BSC , these key workers were just people who had jobs locally, they did not need to go shopping every day, or drive here there and evreywhere, the key worker examption applies to driving to and from work, other than essential shopping, they don't need to drive around two or three times a day. They have to behave like everyone else, otherwise all the key workers could be staying on boats, or second homes, line dancing and going to Key Worker Raves.

Fair point, just not the impression you gave with your original wording  ?

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

My neighbour in the marina spent all day and every day moving from one boat to another, other people's dogs were enticed on his boat, he went in his partner's car to the marina office, leaving gates open, and just behaving as he always did, ie coming and going about five times a day in his partner's car,  when I told him he needed to behave he told me we all died sometime. A psyhcopath actually.

First day of lockdown there were about a dozen visitors, absolute,y no care in the world, the boat on the other side of me had four people (two visitors) in their cruiser stern with pramhood, 

The rest were out having cups of tea, moving from one place to another. Those who were designated KEY workers abused this privelege to go shopping, driving to the marina office, in fact not locking down.

I was faced with spending three months indoors or moving out of that ghetto, which is what I did, CRT were willing to send me an assistant as I had never driven the boat, and I was pretty much jammed in, if the same situation occurred today, I would just tell the psycho next door that I was moving, and I'd not bother a damn if I hit the boat.

I has to complain to Daniel, and eventually they stopped stalking me.

I just gave a short precis, as no one would have understood at that time, what damage Covid would do.

Talk about hypocrisy!! 
And then you ask why you appear to have a problem communicating!! You're another one who needs to look very closely at themselves.

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Oh dear!! 
Some people only shop each day and there is nothing I have seen in the English legislation that precludes that, although it isn't advised.
And it isn't up to you to police other peoples behaviour.

• Greenie 3

5 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

Talk about hypocrisy!! 
And then you ask why you appear to have a problem communicating!! You're another one who needs to look very closely at themselves.

Oh dear!! 
Some people only shop each day and there is nothing I have seen in the English legislation that precludes that, although it isn't advised.
And it isn't up to you to police other peoples behaviour.

Mr Davis.

You have to be one of the biggest hypocrites on here.

I fully accept you may not realise it, its possibly not obvious to you but as for looking in the mirror you need to take one of those too.

Hopping from thread to thread making snide stupid little comments endears you to no one. Especially when you have gauged a thread to see where its going and then when you pile in with your odious and pathetic comment.

Sad.

17 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Mr Davis.

You have to be one of the biggest hypocrites on here.

I fully accept you may not realise it, its possibly not obvious to you but as for looking in the mirror you need to take one of those too.

Hopping from thread to thread making snide stupid little comments endears you to no one. Especially when you have gauged a thread to see where its going and then when you pile in with your odious and pathetic comment.

Sad.

Oh dear Martin, you on the sauce again?
I wonder how much longer you'll be allowed to post here, or perhaps you want to be banned again?

Funny but it appears that others agree with my post.

Byee!

Edited by Graham Davis

8 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Oh dear Martin, you on the sauce again?
I wonder how much longer you'll be allowed to post here, or perhaps you want to be banned again?

Funny but it appears that others agree with my post.

Byee!

Of course a small number of others on here agree with you.

And exactly  like I said hanging on the shirt tails of others again, but no 'not on the sauce again', try and be original please.

I wouldn't really expect it to be any other way.

That however doesnt mean you are not a hypocrite though.

If you profess to be somebody who claims to do voluntary work driving for the ambulance service if I were you I would reflect on your post and consider whether it refelects the full ethos of the NHS.

I realise that may be a concept too far to grasp though, hey ho.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

2 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Byee Martin.
I'll expect to see a few insulting comments from you over on TB next.

Im not on thunderboat.

I think you must be pi$$ed.

Ps - but I do rather like the nickname they gave you on there when I was..

12 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

Why so aggressive Mr. Davis?

You could have addressed the point in a much more conciliatory manner.

3 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Left TB ages ago Graham, he could start an argument in an empty room and did so often! Have a good day

Was he not banned from here when he was "the dog house" ? If so, why is he allowed back under a new name? In his time away he hasn't improved one bit and still niggles away and tries to cause arguments (not discussions) and I feel that he adds absolutely nothing to the Forum, in fact, his childish actions detract  from it.

Perhaps if we all just ignore him he will go away again  

haggis

• Greenie 3

2 hours ago, peterboat said:

Left TB ages ago Graham, he could start an argument in an empty room and did so often! Have a good day

Thanks for that Peter, thought I hadn't seen his "style" for a while.
Perhaps I'll just stick him on the Ignore list.

2 hours ago, haggis said:

Was he not banned from here when he was "the dog house" ? If so, why is he allowed back under a new name? In his time away he hasn't improved one bit and still niggles away and tries to cause arguments (not discussions) and I feel that he adds absolutely nothing to the Forum, in fact, his childish actions detract  from it.

Perhaps if we all just ignore him he will go away again  

haggis

He was, so I'm not sure why he has been allowed back, but then others have also returned and generally seem to be keeping within the rules.

• Greenie 1

On 06/11/2020 at 20:17, bizzard said:

Its a short shaft between the gearbox and propshaft with a constant velocity joint on either end with a solid mounted thrust block bearing. It means engine alignment is less critical, stern tube and shaft should last forever.  The photo of the first boat in Dozee' thread has one..       Depicted is the principal of the CV joint, imagine one on each end of a shaft.  Most cars use em too.

280px-Simple_CV_Joint_animated.gif

280px-Simple_CV_Joint_animated.gif

A brilliant illustration of how a cv joint works.

14 hours ago, peterboat said:

Peter,

There are so many on here and Thunderboat who can acheive that.

Its far from being a unique skill. 

Just visit the politics section on here. Frequently people will stipulate black is white when it is indeed black and vice versa.

Going further there are a small group of posters on here (and indeed most internet forums and Facebook pages) who simply delight in picking others up on minor details in an attempt to show off as to how superior they are. 

Not every minor inaccuracy needs to be corrected unless it is dangerous or seriously risky for it to remain uncorrected.

Sometimes a post and its content could stand as it is.

If the substance of a post is correct it doesnt always need a minor detail correcting..........

10 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Peter,

There are so many on here and Thunderboat who can acheive that.

Its far from being a unique skill. 

Just visit the politics section on here. Frequently people will stipulate black is white when it is indeed black and vice versa.

Going further there are a small group of posters on here (and indeed most internet forums and Facebook pages) who simply delight in picking others up on minor details in an attempt to show off as to how superior they are. 

Not every minor inaccuracy needs to be corrected unless it is dangerous or seriously risky for it to remain uncorrected.

Sometimes a post and its content could stand as it is.

If the substance of a post is correct it doesnt always need a minor detail correcting..........

I never thought I'd agree with TheHappyNomad, but he's still on ny ignore list!

As to why those who were barred and then return, well, that's classic form on this forum, just report them , which won't have much effect, or ignore them, they feed on responses, best not to feed them.

Same people on TB are on my ignore list as even though one can respond in like vein, that's just what they want.

Edited by LadyG

7 hours ago, LadyG said:

I never thought I'd agree with TheHappyNomad, but he's still on ny ignore list!

As to why those who were barred and then return, well, that's classic form on this forum, just report them , which won't have much effect, or ignore them, they feed on responses, best not to feed them.

Same people on TB are on my ignore list as even though one can respond in like vein, that's just what they want.

Forgive me for pointing out what is totally obvious but the best way to 'ignore' someone is indeed not to respond to what that someone has posted, particularly if they really are actually on your ignore list.

Nobody quoted my post so one can only surmise you chose to look when you saw that I had posted something and you opted to read it by clicking on the option to do so.

Seems counter intuitive to me. ??

10 minutes ago, Ally said:

Anyway, I wonder how Dozee is getting on? ?

The pop star?

You're showing your age . ☺️

Sadly, Trevor Ward - Davies (Dozy)passed away five year ago.

Edited by LadyG