It appears that I am not a member

Featured Posts

Some pathetically stupid moderator decided to delete the post because it contained a link to the source of the information which was on thunderboat. Twice. This despite repeated claims that there is no problem mentioning TB - and why should there be, unless this site is incredibly insecure? They lie.

That this happened on a post reporting the death of a very well respected “knight of the waterways” is particularly disgusting. This sort of behaviour from an out of control moderator who has become a self appointed thought police fascist is why I will never again financially contribute to this site.

I expect I will “not be a member” quite soon, for real. But I don’t have a problem with that.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Greenie 2

Regardless of why the thread was deleted, there is a "bug" if the now deleted thread still shows up in searches...

image.png.a1bdefa785519b040eaa0ca56c6fca96.png

and a second "bug" where it is assumed that following a link to a non-existent page is because "you are not allowed to see it" (and then an erroneous reason why you are not allowed)

image.png.efaef60d4d89e59a6de102400aa761f4.png

1 minute ago, RichM said:

Technically it is not deleted, but is hidden from view. This is why the error occurs when you try to view it though it could perhaps be re-worded to make it clearer.

Did anyone think to message the OP regarding this?

4 hours ago, Dyertribe said:

Did anyone think to message the OP regarding this?

By default Alan de Enfield will be notified when he receives replies to this topic. 

If you're referring to the topic which was hidden, I have no idea. - I am not a moderator and have no visibility over what they do though from what I recall users will usually be informed if their topic is removed/hidden by a Moderator for any reason. 

Edited by RichM
clarity

8 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Some pathetically stupid moderator decided to delete the post because it contained a link to the source of the information which was on thunderboat. Twice. This despite repeated claims that there is no problem mentioning TB - and why should there be, unless this site is incredibly insecure? They lie.

That this happened on a post reporting the death of a very well respected “knight of the waterways” is particularly disgusting. This sort of behaviour from an out of control moderator who has become a self appointed thought police fascist is why I will never again financially contribute to this site.

I expect I will “not be a member” quite soon, for real. But I don’t have a problem with that.

It's been explained as a legacy from the past, overlooked because the situation hasn't occurred before, I see no reason to disbelieve and certainly see no reason to call any one pathetically stupid.

It has been explained that it's a software issue, nothing any of the current mods implemented or have any control over.

I generally see you as a very rational and intelligent bloke who enjoys a wind up, right now you're looking like a pratt, in my opinion anyway 

• Greenie 2

21 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I generally see you as a very rational and intelligent bloke who enjoys a wind up, right now you're looking like a pratt, in my opinion anyway 

...it was a cracking rant for that time in the morning though.. 

• Greenie 1

My post stands. Apparently the mod in question is a robot, but it is still pathetically stupid. The reason why my post was fairly strong was because the attempt to report the death of a top bloke and boaters’ champion, was sullied by this stupid bot. If it had been about general chit chat I wouldn’t have bothered.

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 1

On 26/08/2020 at 12:47, RichM said:

Technically it is not deleted, but is hidden from view. This is why the error occurs when you try to view it though it could perhaps be re-worded to make it clearer.

@RichM glad to hear from you again, take care [of yourself]