Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
bagginz

Post your COVID 19 memes

Featured Posts

38 minutes ago, Sally Grim said:

Where does it say that it's supposed to be the EU? Probably just a collection of countries with low death rates. For example, Norway with 235 deaths and Iceland with 10 deaths are both in there. 

 

Well done. Egg on face mode, for me, for the rest of the day. 

 

However..., there's..., but it's probably going to do me no good say. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Higgs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Athy said:

Does Mr. Tee's apparently factual account merit such a dramatically vulgar response?

Do you think that "most of the country" could give a jot?

Given the circumstances, yes.

 

About my opinion or CWDF in general? Probably not.

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps this thread needs to be split perhaps there needs to be a separate coronovirus section on the forum as its now become impossible to discuss coronovirus without politics? and its far to important to be left to the politics section

 

for those interested in the truth about the numbers this today in that well known lefty rag the Financial Times (free to read section) https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c259-4ca4-9a82-648ffde71bf0

 

"The UK has suffered the highest rate of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic among countries that produce comparable data, according to excess mortality figures."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Victor Vectis said:

Given the circumstances, yes.

 

About my opinion or CWDF in general? Probably not.

No, I meant about the Cummings and goings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buccaneer66 said:

This may have to be moved to politics soon.

On 'Thought for the Day on R4 yesterday Desmond Tutu was quoted thus:

 

"When somebody says politics and religion shouldn't be mixed I wonder what bible they have been reading"

 

I would say the same about politics and humour.

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Athy said:

No, I meant about the Cummings and goings.

according to the latest polls yes

"in a snap YouGov poll, 71% of respondents said they thought Cummings had broken the rules, and 59% that he should resign"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WotEver said:

Worry not. You carry on proving to everyone what a plonker you are, it doesn’t bother anyone else. 

I used to think you were ok now I know you are a complete prat

Edited by Loddon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the best of my belief, Mr. Loddon and Mr. Ever are not prats or plonkers, so I hope they'll prove it by not bickering.

Please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Higgs said:

 

Well done. Egg on face mode, for me, for the rest of the day. 

 

However..., there's..., but it's probably going to do me no good say. 

 

 

 

 

May I fill in the "However..." for you?  😉

 

Because - if you take matter of the EU away from your comment, your observation is a pertinent one. No problem getting together a collection of countries which haven't been as hard hit as the UK. But there are so many unknown parametres which must be considered before the collection should be deemed as relevant. Criteria for whether a death is a corona one, and the country's stage in the pandemic, are two. 

 

So I really see your point!  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Athy said:

To the best of my belief, Mr. Loddon and Mr. Ever are not prats or plonkers, so I hope they'll prove it by not bickering.

Please!

It's part of our national character that we look for ways to laugh in the face of disaster, hence the multitude of amusing memes. Some extracting the proverbial from the behaviour of fools, ie the toilet paper panic. Sometimes the gaffes of the powerful, ie the Cummings affair. When this extends beyond that to political comment devoid of humour, using this disaster as a convenient and almost apparently welcome weapon to further an individual agenda then those who don't share that agenda are going to raise their hackles. The acid test in my opinion is whether a post is a joke, political or otherwise, or simply political sloganising. Moderation has in my view been very poor at telling the difference and that's why this thread has become political.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

It's part of our national character that we look for ways to laugh in the face of disaster, hence the multitude of amusing memes. Some extracting the proverbial from the behaviour of fools, ie the toilet paper panic. Sometimes the gaffes of the powerful, ie the Cummings affair. When this extends beyond that to political comment devoid of humour, using this disaster as a convenient and almost apparently welcome weapon to further an individual agenda then those who don't share that agenda are going to raise their hackles. The acid test in my opinion is whether a post is a joke, political or otherwise, or simply political sloganising. Moderation has in my view been very poor at telling the difference and that's why this thread has become political.

 

Thank you for that vote of confidence; however, the post you quoted has nothing at all to do with politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thank you for that vote of confidence; however, the post you quoted has nothing at all to do with politics.

No but it has a great deal to do with the ill feeling arising. I can assure you confidence there is not. I have myself posted pictures which originated from a local party considered to have crossed the line so far that the local party withdrew them and the national party issued an apology but they're ok here, which conflicts somewhat with...

  

2 hours ago, buccaneer66 said:

This may have to be moved to politics soon.

Quite right, filter out political comment, it doesn't belong here but that can be graphic as well as textual.

Let's stick to funnies with perhaps a political dimension (inevitable) rather than politics without the saving grace of humour.

Edited by Sir Nibble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Nibble said:

Quite right, filter out political comment, it doesn't belong here but that can be graphic as well as textual.

Let's stick to funnies with perhaps a political dimension (inevitable) rather than politics without the saving grace of humour.

Exactly, there are too many political posts appearing that have no funny content which is what this thread is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

Let's stick to funnies with perhaps a political dimension (inevitable) rather than politics without the saving grace of humour.

Indeed, and let’s hope that all can discern the difference. 

1 minute ago, buccaneer66 said:

Exactly, there are too many political posts appearing that have no funny content which is what this thread is about.

Spot on :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help thinking that given what has been going on over the past few days the only sane response is humour, verging on hysterical laughter.

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image may contain: 1 person, meme, text that says "AND THEN I SAID "I NEEDED TO TEST MY ZEYESIGHT!""

Capture.JPG

11 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

I can't help thinking that given what has been going on over the past few days the only sane response is humour, verging on hysterical laughter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buccaneer66 said:

Exactly, there are too many political posts appearing that have no funny content which is what this thread is about.

That's it in a nutshell. A graphic made by going to a list of deaths by country, starting at the bottom and adding up until a contrived political point can be made should not stand whilst the objections are declared political. These things come from one or two posters who it should be obvious by now are driving a political agenda. First question surely is "is it amusing? Or is it an unfunny condemnation".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a good example which is first and foremost a joke, with a political dimension.

100857213_10158067934545042_8567953597919133696_o.jpg

Here's a blatant, contrived selective use of data to make a political point without even a pretext of being a joke.

IMG_20200527_140923.jpg.676f4f3288e3e31f62e8064bdaae6b83.jpg

It's not difficult to tell the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Higgs said:

 

If you don't want to look like a 'clown', try at least to find something intentionally funny. Curb your political bent. The odd figures should have stood out to you like a sore thumb. 

 

 

I thought the title of this thread was "Post your COVID 19 memes" not check they are accurate, see if they are political and above all make sure everyone finds them funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I thought the title of this thread was "Post your COVID 19 memes" not check they are accurate, see if they are political and above all make sure everyone finds them funny.

True, but this is not the political section of the forum and the intention is comedy not a party political broadcast. One can get away with being a bit political with the saving grace that it's a joke. It's not for shoehorning a 100% political point in by representing it graphically. Especially not when legitimate opposition to the point is censured as political comment.

IMG-20200528-WA0000.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

BrewDog's new beer has been named as the 'Barnard Castle eye test'. Picture: BrewDog

I saw this on Face Book this morning. It's unlikely that Brewdog could have concocted a commemorative ale so quickly; it's more likely that they have repackaged an existing beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Athy said:

I saw this on Face Book this morning. It's unlikely that Brewdog could have concocted a commemorative ale so quickly; it's more likely that they have repackaged an existing beer.

Not yet brewed, advance order only. Got mine ordered 😊

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.