Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

Bilmey.

Four years!

I, for one, like this thread and enjoy trying to identify where the locations are before scrolling down to the captions.

So, thank you Peter for starting it and another thank you to all who have posted pics.

• Greenie 2

28 minutes ago, Yellowback said:

Was it not a kiwi, DandV, that initiated it? [Tonic]

Yes, brilliant idea by Don and Val from the other side of the world: see the original posts in 2020 and on anniversaries 2021 2022 (+)

Yesterday morning 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

Curdworth flight B+F alongside HS2 works

On this day in 2005

spacer.png

The Big Hole

Between bridges 22A and 23 Coventry Canal Nuneaton.

Canal breaches being not wholly unheard-of, how many miles of this pound could the hole have absorbed, without really noticing?

Quarry has now been filled-in for housing ...

Compare 11Apr2002

5 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

@peterboat did you like it?

It was excellent, we were sat with some celebrities as I think at the time ITV or BBC studios were across the road? This was 2008 so it could have changed hands a few times!!

On 20/03/2024 at 07:52, Victor Vectis said:

Bilmey.

Four years!

I, for one, like this thread and enjoy trying to identify where the locations are before scrolling down to the captions.

So, thank you Peter for starting it and another thank you to all who have posted pics.

Check who started it and read the reason why it was started.

It was started to show nice “Today” photos, as in current date & time, I think the Poster wanted nice happy photos that are of the canals now, not old photos of 10 years ago. The Thread has been hijacked and basically the sole poster @PeterScott has made it quite boring.

Maybe it should go to only what is nice on the canals today as of now/present not back in 1999-2023. Then more may contribute with nice photos. So lets get it back to current nice just today photos.

On 20/03/2024 at 10:19, PaulJ said:

Oh yes- plenty of them and their crap too..😀

A bit like most of the photos on here😂😂

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth
  • Greenie 1

2 hours ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Check who started it and read the reason why it was started.

It was started to show nice “Today” photos, as in current date & time, I think the Poster wanted nice happy photos that are of the canals now, not old photos of 10 years ago. The Thread has been hijacked and basically the sole poster @PeterScott has made it quite boring

I find it interesting to see how canal locations have changed over the years and Peters photos often show this. I take my hat off to him for taking the time and trouble to post.

As has been said before you don't have to look at the topic as it obviously upsets you, going by how often you have said much the same thing. Interesting that there hasn't been much support for your view. 🙂 

Edited by haggis
typos
  • Greenie 4

29 minutes ago, haggis said:

I find it interesting to see how canal locations have changed over the years and Peters photos often show this. I take my hat off to him for taking the time and trouble to post.

As has ben said before you don't have to look at the topic as it obviously upsets you, going by how often you have said mush the same thing. Interesting that there hasn't been much support for your view. 🙂 

Maybe he or yourself should start a topic in the “History and Heritage” section where he and everyone who wishes, can put their photos of a bygone age and keep this Thread as intended of pleasing canal photos of today.

I’m not bothered about support of my views, but if you look there hasn’t really been much support for this thread, mainly from @PeterScott and ex boaters, maybe people have got bored with it as their photos are lost in the mass postings of one member.

• Unimpressed 1

Well, i like it. Only been boating for nine years so it's nice to see how places i've been looked before i saw them for the first time.

Thread drift is an inevitable fact of forums, unless moderated with an iron fist, and surely no-one wants that?

• Greenie 2

25 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Well, i like it. Only been boating for nine years so it's nice to see how places i've been looked before i saw them for the first time.

Thread drift is an inevitable fact of forums, unless moderated with an iron fist, and surely no-one wants that?

What I say is start a Thread in the Heritage History section “What was nice on the Waterways then” and leave this on to today😂

• Unimpressed 1

2 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

What I say is start a Thread in the Heritage History section “What was nice on the Waterways then” and leave this on to today😂

Perhaps you could post some pictures of your boating today?

• Greenie 3