Skip to content

jelunga

Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I have almost the sane install. I just set the max input amps on the controller with the rotary knob until the led display shows the max output amps of the geny. I then switch to charger only, plug in the geny to the shorepower socket and all works normally.
  2. A source has confirmed this as correct.
  3. In my youth, early 70's, I was in the merchant navy. Water was stored in double bottom tanks. We used it for washing, cooking and teeth. Since the bar was open 24/7 we didnt drink a lot of water except when used in pink gins!
  4. Must be from the Shirley or Upper Addiscombe vineyard?
  5. Rather than bugger about with changing 14 days to 2 days etc, they just need more moorings! I wonder if they have thought of that?
  6. Arthur, can you post a link tothis?
  7. Our plan was to CC. But SWMBO's health put paid to that with regular hospital visits needed. So we started as Volunteer Lockies and I now have a full time seasonal job as CRT Lockie. Unfortunately SWMBO has been diagnosed with the big C so the future is very uncertain.
  8. I agree. Quicker, and cheap cuts of meat are more tender. But our Argos cheap little one uses very little.
  9. My suggsstion is Dont bother. Our Rutland on a 12' pole was a total waste of money and space. But might made a good mud weight!
  10. I had a similar experience off Dairen in China un 1971. The Captain thought it was time for a lifeboat drill, and as we were anchored off waiting for a berth we launched two rowed lifeboats and the motor one. I was engineer on the motor one. We really were minding our own business when thus chinese navy gunboat pulls along side of us abd lots of guns are pointed at hs with instructions to return to the ship. Seems Dairen was akso a naval base and they got a bit hot under the collar. We also had lifeboat races in King Gearge 5th Docks jn London (now London City Airport iirc) That was more fun
  11. At work at my lock on the Trent. Had bedb precipitating quite hard but now a bit sunny. Not many boats through so far - 2 up and 2 down.
  12. He has not taken up my offer. Wonder why?
  13. jelunga replied to Bikervet's topic in Living Afloat
    Assuming you receive post then do what we did. Have the licence at your postal address. Then you are permitted to use a TV in a boat or caravan. Not complicated simple.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.