Towpath celebs!!

daves6guitars

Featured Posts

Spotted our first towpath celeb when we were on the Peak Forest in June. The guy who plays Bob, Vivs husband, in Emmerdale, no idea what his proper name is....out for a jog, but must have done a marathon as he never returned....unless of course he was already on his way back :lol: Anyone else spotted him....or any other other interesting faces :lol:

We seem to keep meeting them , to name a few , Timothy Spall , the guy who played Roy in Eastenders , the lady who played Gina Gold in The Bill, Harrison Ford and Calista whoever, Nicholas Cage in Bath a couple of years ago, stopped and had a drink with us , didnt even realise who he was, until he had gone. Mark Radford the radio2 dj .

Guest wanted

We seem to keep meeting them , to name a few , Timothy Spall , the guy who played Roy in Eastenders , the lady who played Gina Gold in The Bill, Harrison Ford and Calista whoever, Nicholas Cage in Bath a couple of years ago, stopped and had a drink with us , didnt even realise who he was, until he had gone. Mark Radford the radio2 dj .

Is it not Mark Radcliff?

Spotted our first towpath celeb when we were on the Peak Forest in June. The guy who plays Bob, Vivs husband, in Emmerdale, no idea what his proper name is....out for a jog, but must have done a marathon as he never returned....unless of course he was already on his way back laugh.gif Anyone else spotted him....or any other other interesting faces tongue.gif

Saw comedian Jim Tavare today, fiddling with the satellite dish on top of a boat - near Teddington locks

Matthew Corbett, who keeps his boat a couple of hours up the cut from me... and I spent a couple of days with Wayne Rooney near Castlefield when he was kicking footballs into my hold for a Sky 1 thing.. whilst I was getting paid for it :lol:

My boat is in an episode of Ultimate Force with Ross Kemp and was on BBC news with Mike thingy bob came for a ride. Cameras and all :-)

A guy I've met in Wakefield with a big widebeam Springer said his boat was built specially for GMTV so must have had a few well knowns on board at one time

That boat was on Apollo Duck for donkey's ages as the price fell and fell - I guess your acquaintance got himself a bargain. If it's the same boat: it has a sundeck on the roof and was built for GMTV to offer corpulent hospitality to its advertisers and potential advertisers, in the halcyon days when TV companies were rich. Would that be the one?

That boat was on Apollo Duck for donkey's ages as the price fell and fell - I guess your acquaintance got himself a bargain. If it's the same boat: it has a sundeck on the roof and was built for GMTV to offer corpulent hospitality to its advertisers and potential advertisers, in the halcyon days when TV companies were rich. Would that be the one?

Yes that is the one, well it was TVam actually. We bought it just before last Christmas and have been slowly converting it to a liveaboard. We moved in for good a month ago and I will post some pics soon.

We have been in touch with the man who runs the TVam archives website and he is collecting moe info about the boat for us. He lives only about 20 mins away from here so he is going to call with the bumph.

The boat is now called Y Knott and we are based at Wakefield West Yorks.

We've met CarlT, (my hero!), Cheshire~Rose, Postcode, the whole Mole clan, RWLP, Bones & Maffi, Keeping Up, Theo and umpteen others who are all my personal towpath celebs...sorry if I've forgotten anyone, but you know who you are!

None of them need to be on TV to be famous! All of them are legends in their own right...

Janet

Edited because I forgot the lovely Bones!

Edited by Janet S

Not sure i understand the interest in celebs, they ( in the main) are background workers with limited visibility and not much of interest to note re them... all a yawn...

Some years ago, Vicki Butler-Henderson was pointed out to me. She was with a film crew, recording for a tv show, waterside at The Mailbox, Gas Street Basin area, along with the latest TVR model. I hadn't a clue who she was..... :lol:

A couple of celebs I did recognise were filming at Aldermaston back in the late 90s. Rosie and Jim.

I still don't know who Vicky Butler-Henderson is, but assume that she is related to the Great Central Railway director who had a steam loco named after him. Some years ago I taught two Butler-Henderson brothers who were indeed descended from the great man.

We've met CarlT, (my hero!), Cheshire~Rose, Postcode, the whole Mole clan, RWLP, Bones & Maffi, Keeping Up, Theo and umpteen others who are all my personal towpath celebs...sorry if I've forgotten anyone, but you know who you are!

None of them need to be on TV to be famous! All of them are legends in their own right...

Janet

Edited because I forgot the lovely Bones!

I'm going to go away and sulk now.

I saw that comedian who looks like Norman Wisdom but isn't. He was in Brum and was waving at me as I chugged past. I didn't recognise him and wondered why he was waving. Maybe he thought I was someone famous :lol:

If you didn't recognise him, how did you know that he was that comedian who looks like Norman Wisdom but isn't?

I'm going to go away and sulk now.
:lol:

Martin, I well remember the bemused look on R.J.'s face when we heard a knock on the door and heard "Is Janet there...?"

It was absolutely bloody priceless!

You are well up on our list of towpath celebs!!!!

Janet