Towpath celebs!!

daves6guitars

Featured Posts

I'm certain that there's no paedophile puppet worriers out there ready to abduct the furry little things :wacko:

Is your surname Simpson by any chance?

Mike

(Address witheld on the grounds of privacy)

Evidently, you consider that no security problem could possibly arise from your posting of the name of Mathew Corbett's boat, the location of his mooring, and a fair indication of where he lives. Would you be as keen to divulge the same information concerning yourself? Oh wait - you're not a minor celebrity, so no harm could possibly befall you.

Come on then - real name/boat name/mooring/details of the location of your home? By return please.

Evidently, you consider that no security problem could possibly arise from your posting of the name of Mathew Corbett's boat, the location of his mooring, and a fair indication of where he lives. Would you be as keen to divulge the same information concerning yourself? Oh wait - you're not a minor celebrity, so no harm could possibly befall you.

Come on then - real name/boat name/mooring/details of the location of your home? By return please.

Surely all this information is in the public domain anyway...so it's hardly a secret

If you didn't notice, our boat is named Elouise :rolleyes:

My name is Mike Christian

We moor at Overwater Marina

Jetty No 6

Ivy pier

By the way Mr Simpson, The fact that we spotted Sooty at Aqueduct Marina, did not indicate that was where he moors his boat. His residence on the Bridewater canal is common knowledge to most people in that vicinity and to date, has not caused any potential terrorists or Sooty worriers to attack him!

Please adjust your medication, your neurosis is getting the better of you!

Mike Christian

There can't be anyone weirder than a bloke who sticks 'is 'ands up puppets for a living.

lol

Mark

Rod Hull of 99 Aviary Crescent, Ornothology City, Owlshire, 1D 1OT

Took some beating too :lol:

But, on the other hand, at least it doesn't have Clarkson in it, (or either of the Clarkson clones).

Fifth Gear was Top Gear on the BBC until it was pinched by Channel Five complete with presenters and renamed to reflect its new station. That was when an obnoxious and talentless ex-reporter from the Rotherham Advertiser by the name of Clarkson was recruited and Top Gear was relaunched as it is watched, reportedly, today.

My daughter's friend's grandparents owned the narrowboat used in the David Essex series 'The River' - is that any good :-)

Excellent! can you still buy a Cd of that from Amazon etc., ?

We bought a copy of 'Painted Boats' recently and like a pair of sad sods that we are, marveled at the old boats that were featured. The acting quality though, was equaled only by that of 'Cell Block H' infamy!

the "late" Rod Hull surely?

Surely not! Did he die of bird flu?

See Matthew Corbett occassionally. (Quite a few people have told me that he is not the nicest person).Once had Toyah Wilcox come boating with us for an afternoon.

Quite a few people were probably right, judging by the indifferent behaviour he displayed to one of the marina staff, who we found to be very helpful and amiable.

Mike

Matthew Corbett, who keeps his boat a couple of hours up the cut from me... and I spent a couple of days with Wayne Rooney near Castlefield when he was kicking footballs into my hold for a Sky 1 thing.. whilst I was getting paid for it :lol:

Lucky sod :rolleyes:

Is he as cultured and eloquent in the flesh as he is on TV? <_<:wacko:

If you didn't notice, our boat is named Elouise :rolleyes:

My name is Mike Christian

We moor at Overwater Marina

Jetty No 6

Ivy pier

By the way Mr Simpson, The fact that we spotted Sooty at Aqueduct Marina, did not indicate that was where he moors his boat. His residence on the Bridewater canal is common knowledge to most people in that vicinity and to date, has not caused any potential terrorists or Sooty worriers to attack him!

Please adjust your medication, your neurosis is getting the better of you!

Mike Christian

Home address please? (Just so that when we spot you out and about on your boat we can burgle your home - see how easily your Mathew Corbett information could be misused? )

Edited by homer2911

Surely not! Did he die of bird flu?

No, he, rather bizarrely, fell off his roof, whilst trying to fly adjust his TV aerial.

Is he as cultured and eloquent in the flesh as he is on TV? <_<:wacko:

Funnily enough, I watched the episode to have a look at Liam's boat, and was surprised at how shy and modest he came across as.

Nothing like the arrogant, aggressive lump he turns into, when the adrenaline is pumping, in a game.

Home address please? (Just so that when we spot you out and about on your boat we can burgle your home - see how easily your Mathew Corbett information could be misused? )

As someone said earlier, his information is already in the public domain. Plays guitar in the local pubs dontcha know!

Private individuals have a right to have their privacy safeguarded.

Public figures on the other hand, particularly those that court celebrity, give up that right and if you search hard enough you will find out where these celebs live.

Is it right that this information is posted on here?

As it is already public knowledge I fail to see what harm it is doing to Mr Corbett. Cruise down the Thames at Bray and Henly and do some celeb home spotting, their homes are not unknown to locals and those that want to know.

I'd assume Mr Corbett has, like most celebs, sufficent home security to stop little scrotes trying to catch a glimpse of Sooty in the nude...

We saw a bloke from one of those comic quiz shows steering a hire boat. He seemed to want people to notice him from the overacting smiles and waves. Later we met a boater who shared an overnight mooring with him. He said that that family were a pain in the arse as they seemed to have a number of free range kids who used all the moored boats as a sort of climbing frame assult course with their parents seeming to think it OK.

To be quite honest I wouldn't recognise most of the current crop of stars if I met them though the odd one from CSI or Big Bang might ring a bell if they posed correctly.

Edited by Tiny

Marge, can you please take that husband of yours to the doctors, he's now suffering from paranoiac symptoms too! :banghead:

As someone said earlier, his information is already in the public domain. Plays guitar in the local pubs dontcha know!

Private individuals have a right to have their privacy safeguarded.

Public figures on the other hand, particularly those that court celebrity, give up that right and if you search hard enough you will find out where these celebs live.

Is it right that this information is posted on here?

As it is already public knowledge I fail to see what harm it is doing to Mr Corbett. Cruise down the Thames at Bray and Henly and do some celeb home spotting, their homes are not unknown to locals and those that want to know.

I'd assume Mr Corbett has, like most celebs, sufficent home security to stop little scrotes trying to catch a glimpse of Sooty in the nude...

Wouldn't that be Mr Corbett's hand? :lol:

Edited by Doorman

lol Richard!

It was a rhetorical question you know?

I am constantly amazed at what may constitute 'celeb' status as per the papers - any papers/mejia.

So often, reading or hearing a name with 'celeb' somewhere in the sentence, I think 'WOT??' 'Oo is that?', then I cottoned on to the Z list notion. Now that made some sense for me! It really identified the no-ones once and for all.

This may upset some in here, but for me, true celebs would be the likes of Elton, McCartney, Abba, Knofler, Clapton etc in the music world (alive that is) and Nesbitt, Mirren, Spall, Glenda etc in film/tv.

I have a fantasy however, and will tell you now that it is to be in a (eg) supermarket/train/airport location, and my trolly/suitcase clouts the person in front quite accidentally. The person turns round and confronts me with the 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?' question, and I have, of course no idea at all (cos, as I said above, I dont 'do' celebs. Quick as a flash I say 'Hurrumph, 'corse I don't you arrogant t"a&, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?'

I think I would die quite happily if I was ever able to use that kind of put down!

Sad kid here eh?

lol

That reminds me of my time working at the Ford Motor Co. in Halewood near Liverpool. The company would draft in so called top management from the states to shake the work force up.

On one occasion, this arrogant cigar smoking yank walked up to a group of line workers, who were validly taking their break. He demanded to one of the card playing men; "don't you know who I am" to which the sharp witted guy replied "why, have you forgot?".

We never seemed to see much of that clown after that! :rolleyes:

l>>> to be in a (eg) supermarket/train/airport location, and my trolly/suitcase clouts the person in front quite accidentally. The person turns round and confronts me with the 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?' question, and I have, of course no idea at all (cos, as I said above, I dont 'do' celebs. Quick as a flash I say 'Hurrumph, 'corse I don't you arrogant t"a&, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?'I think I would die quite happily if I was ever able to use that kind of put down!Sad kid here eh?lol

When told I look like a certain sleb (apparently there is a passing resemblance) I respond 'No, he looks like me'.

Usually stumps the sleb spotter.

Marge, can you please take that husband of yours to the doctors, he's now suffering from paranoiac symptoms too! :banghead:

Wouldn't that be Mr Corbett's hand? :lol:

Maybe you should ask Mathew Corbett what he thinks about your free use of his

boat name/ mooring location/home address. I note that you have not yet published your own home address details. Sauce for the goose?

Maybe you should ask Mathew Corbett what he thinks about your free use of his

boat name/ mooring location/home address. I note that you have not yet published your own home address details. Sauce for the goose?

Yawn, yawn. Is your real name Ronnie Corbett by any chance? Only a misguided relative would serve to defend such a nonentity who earned his living interfering with fluffy animals!

Honestly homer you are starting to get boring.

I don't really care where doorman lives - he's not a celebrity and I doubt anyone else cares where he lives and he does not have to share his private address with everyone on here. It would be foolish of him to do so.

I shall reiterate my earlier point. Celebrities court publicity and some of them do not care if the public know where they live - in fact most actually call the press to let them know when they are going shopping so that they can get their faces in the papers. Most clebrities homes are known to people - you only have to look at the hoards of fans who flock daily outside Posh and Becks house to know where they live.

And it didn't take me more than 1 minute to find out where another canalside (ok riverside) celebrity lives - see if you can spot the clues in this report....Not a Lot!

Honestly homer you are starting to get boring.

I don't really care where doorman lives - he's not a celebrity and I doubt anyone else cares where he lives and he does not have to share his private address with everyone on here. It would be foolish of him to do so.

I shall reiterate my earlier point. Celebrities court publicity and some of them do not care if the public know where they live - in fact most actually call the press to let them know when they are going shopping so that they can get their faces in the papers. Most clebrities homes are known to people - you only have to look at the hoards of fans who flock daily outside Posh and Becks house to know where they live.

And it didn't take me more than 1 minute to find out where another canalside (ok riverside) celebrity lives - see if you can spot the clues in this report....Not a Lot!

Magic! :cheers: