Towpath celebs!!

daves6guitars

Featured Posts

Spotted our first towpath celeb when we were on the Peak Forest in June. The guy who plays Bob, Vivs husband, in Emmerdale, no idea what his proper name is....out for a jog, but must have done a marathon as he never returned....unless of course he was already on his way back :lol: Anyone else spotted him....or any other other interesting faces :lol:

Not a face, but yesterday on the Grand Union spotted Banstead, which featured in Harry H Corbett's film The Bargee.

I still don't know who Vicky Butler-Henderson is, but assume that she is related to the Great Central Railway director who had a steam loco named after him. Some years ago I taught two Butler-Henderson brothers who were indeed descended from the great man.

:smiley_offtopic:

Surely she must be. I've never looked into it, but it's such an unusual name

Richard

Doubtless Alnwick can let us know more, but I am certain she's a descendant. I've seen photos of her at the GCR to celebrate Butler-Henderson's contribution (possibly a few years ago).

Cheers Cath

WTF is 5th Gear? :blush:

A bloody awful television programme about motor cars featuring Vicky "C'mon, you now you want it" Butler-Henderson

Where's the throwing-up smiley?

But, on the other hand, at least it doesn't have Clarkson in it, (or either of the Clarkson clones).

A bloody awful television programme about motor cars featuring Vicky "C'mon, you now you want it" Butler-Henderson

Where's the throwing-up smiley?

Richard

lol Richard!

It was a rhetorical question you know?

I am constantly amazed at what may constitute 'celeb' status as per the papers - any papers/mejia.

So often, reading or hearing a name with 'celeb' somewhere in the sentence, I think 'WOT??' 'Oo is that?', then I cottoned on to the Z list notion. Now that made some sense for me! It really identified the no-ones once and for all.

This may upset some in here, but for me, true celebs would be the likes of Elton, McCartney, Abba, Knofler, Clapton etc in the music world (alive that is) and Nesbitt, Mirren, Spall, Glenda etc in film/tv.

I have a fantasy however, and will tell you now that it is to be in a (eg) supermarket/train/airport location, and my trolly/suitcase clouts the person in front quite accidentally. The person turns round and confronts me with the 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?' question, and I have, of course no idea at all (cos, as I said above, I dont 'do' celebs. Quick as a flash I say 'Hurrumph, 'corse I don't you arrogant t"a&, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?'

I think I would die quite happily if I was ever able to use that kind of put down!

Sad kid here eh?

lol

Edited by Sue1946

Spotted our first towpath celeb when we were on the Peak Forest in June. The guy who plays Bob, Vivs husband, in Emmerdale, no idea what his proper name is....out for a jog, but must have done a marathon as he never returned....unless of course he was already on his way back :lol: Anyone else spotted him....or any other other interesting faces :lol:

Hi,

we spotted Mathew Corbett of Sooty & Sweep fame. He was fussing about on his nb Midnight at Aqueduct Marina in Church Minsull on the Shroppie. What made me notice him (apart from his craggy looks) was that he positioned what could only be described as a telegraph pole aerial mast on the bow of his boat. God knows why, unless he subscribes to some foreign Tv channel in the vain hope of seeing his beloved puppets in action.

We pass his lovely cottage named Bridgewater House, in Lymm, Cheshire occasionally. Ideally situated by a bridge hole on the Bridgewater canal.

Mike

Hi,

we spotted Mathew Corbett of Sooty & Sweep fame. He was fussing about on his nb Midnight at Aqueduct Marina in Church Minsull on the Shroppie. What made me notice him (apart from his craggy looks) was that he positioned what could only be described as a telegraph pole aerial mast on the bow of his boat. God knows why, unless he subscribes to some foreign Tv channel in the vain hope of seeing his beloved puppets in action.

We pass his lovely cottage named Bridgewater House, in Lymm, Cheshire occasionally. Ideally situated by a bridge hole on the Bridgewater canal.

Mike

Well, that post has blown away any privacy that Mathew Corbett may have wanted - should we be gving out such detailed personal information, with any number of dangerous idiots out there?

Edited by homer2911

Well, that post has blown away any privacy that Mathew Corbett may have wanted - should we be gving out such detailed personal information, with any number of dangerous idiots out there?

Not the most flattering description of your fellow forum members!

Seriously, I shouldn't think that a psychopath in search of victims is likely to seek his information from a web site about boating on canals.

Seriously, I shouldn't think that a psychopath in search of victims is likely to seek his information from a web site about boating on canals.

Bearing in mind Mr Corbett presents "Locks and Quays" I would have thought here was quite a logical place to start a hunt for info., especially since we have now become "No 1".

I always did think that Sooty was a bit psychotic.

david

Not the cut but I did a offshore sailing course at the NSC Cowes with Tom Cunliffe.

http://www.tomcunliffe.com/

A sailing demi god.

Also at sea met Ted heath and some of his crew after Morning Cloud had retired from the infamous 1979 Fastnet Race.

Not met any note worthy on the cut though.

Edited by Ray T

I'm certain that there's no paedophile puppet worriers out there ready to abduct the furry little things :wacko:

Is your surname Simpson by any chance?

Mike

(Address witheld on the grounds of privacy)