Langley Mill Boatyard

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

The trouble with long narrowboats is that you can't find anything. Now where has that blasted towel gone again?

I can always find a towel cause Mrs Bob keeps em in the same place. Now.....a head torch, that's a different story! Needed one tonight but it was too dark to find it.

ETA... is this the long narrow boat thread?

Edited by Dr Bob

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I can always find a towel cause Mrs Bob keeps em in the same place. Now.....a head torch, that's a different story! Needed one tonight but it was too dark to find it.

ETA... is this the long narrow boat thread?

"a" towel is no use, you have to know where your towel is.  And maybe.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I think the good doctor said ‘impossibility drive’ rather than improbability drive. And I’m not sure one of those would work. 

If one removes the improbable then whatever is left, however impossible, must be true. 

... or something like that ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I think the good doctor said ‘impossibility drive’ rather than improbability drive. And I’m not sure one of those would work.

I did try and tell him that. 

6 hours ago, WotEver said:

If one removes the improbable then whatever is left, however impossible, must be true. 

... or something like that ;)

indubitably my dear WotEver. 

Edited by rusty69

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Try the "Langley Mill Boatyard" thread.

Yes that does sound like a rather good boatyard, but I think I need to go on a river to get there and according to the OP I will need to replace my pump out toilet with a cassette if I want to attempt that.

• Haha 1

No you should be right get pumped out at sawley marina. Use the loo at trent lock hold on down the river . Loo at the entrance to the earwash. If you get caught short in the lock there are two pubs and a tearoom. You can go up the lock and pump out again at dobsons. As you go up the eyewash you can see the bit i fixed when i was 11 years old. There was a blue plaque but the locals wanted it.