Wrap Up Warm This Coming Week

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Is this a wind up? 

some use a small motor to get them spinning and then wind takes over to generate power.

also if you watch them on a windless day when temps are below freezing you will see that they are still turning very slowly (about 1 revolution every 5 minutes), this is done to prevent them from freezing solid

4 minutes ago, Jess-- said:

some use a small motor to get them spinning and then wind takes over to generate power.

also if you watch them on a windless day when temps are below freezing you will see that they are still turning very slowly (about 1 revolution every 5 minutes), this is done to prevent them from freezing solid

Pretty big generators tho'

Cargo_11.jpg

10 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Im sorry but i must protest 

wind turbines are there to upset cyclists , why otherwise would you use a scarce resource like electricity produced by coal to produce a wind. 

solar panels suck up lightons from the sun lightons create heat therefore solar panels are the cause of global cooling. By stopping the suns rays from warming the earth and by default the core the problem worsens.

eco fans are a way of using heat to make noise and spread the smell of reindeer droppings around the boat ( see earlier post)

a green electrical tariff is a way of making people in lunon feel less guilty about their 350 cm tv.

coal burned on the ranges of historical boats is fairy dust .

in australia the water goes the wrong way down the plughole

a shagged out springer in hackney is worth 3 times the value of a shagged out springer in coventry plus 60 quids worth of diesel.

weathermen are always right eventually how ever their timing may be off, sometimes by years.

spending three times as more on a boat battery will mean that you can abuse it less.

1960s steel was better than 2006 steel

everything now is far worse than it used to be, what used to be a concern is now an unprecidented catastrophe never before experienced.

house prices always go up, even if by mistake you rented it to a bloke in a backwards facing baseball cap 'for cash no questions asked' who used it to produce ' product'

if you follow all the health advice in the readers digest the improvements will improve your lifespan by 137 years.

political correctness and outrage will forge change that will benefit thingkind

these are facts and set in stone run your lives according to their rules and You will ultimately enter the zone of bovine contentment and attain the highest point of maslows hiarchy of needs- self actualisation

Dont arrange to have me sent to no asylum i kept the key when I 'left'

You win the internet today.  Especially for invoking Maslow!

27 minutes ago, Jess-- said:

They do this all year round, even in Summer, is this to prevent them melting??

1 minute ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Have you and your warm coat been buried under a snowdrift?

Apparently my coat was protected by copyright laws, so it was removed,along with my nose, ears and eyes. What is left is Snoopy in the flesh,the white bits:)