Anyone seen this before re continuous crusing

colin1325

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Getting moving then.

I am now a fair weather boater, been and done the other type of boating in all weathers regardless but not any more, older and wiser springs to mind or whimp if you prefer :D

39 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I am now a fair weather boater, been and done the other type of boating in all weathers regardless but not any more, older and wiser springs to mind or whimp if you prefer :D

Carry on like that and people will think you are a hobby boater

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Just a guess. Cropredy?

If so, you have the Folly to look forward to.

Mindreader :D Yep just been checking if the little shop is still operating next the pub. I luv the folly of old shame whats happened to these two.

49 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The Wharf at Fenny is still quite good.

Ive heard it was ok now so will give it a go. It used to be bloody aweful a few years ago. Does it still have the bloomin orrible great tv screens?

On 21/10/2017 at 18:02, vidamay said:

The only time I have received a e.mail saying I had overstayed was when I was on a winter mooring I had paid for.

I've had the same. Instead of feeling 'threatened', I called the number on the letter and explained. My record was set straight. 

Another time I got an identical email was on the day my new CRT mooring started, requesting I 'continue my journey' or call them if there were circumstances of which they were unaware. So again I called and explained to the keft hand what the right hand was doing. No threats were involved either way.

C&ART do sometimes get things wrong, but the staff in the office always seemed to want to put things right.  When we first moored at Wigrams Field near Napton Junction they recorded us as being moored in Wigrams Turn Marina, which was incorrect. I phoned them to explain the error and they "corrected" it to Napton Marina, which was also wrong. A second phone call giving the location in respect of the bridge number corrected the error. It did however highlight the lack of knowledge possessed by C&ART staff regarding the physical locality of different place names.

Edited by David Schweizer

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:56, matty40s said:

It does have some rather large screens, but I wasn't watching them.

Well I have to say it were very good. Very busy but staff were great as was the roast beef din dins and the Hooky? Much needed after doing what I never usualy do in boating in 8 million miles an hour winds with NO water at claydon flight. Thank god I bought a sensible modern draughted boat as I scraped thro whereas some poor sod with a clunk clunk engine room was going absolutely nowhere. And stuck with no pub!! :o