Waste Facilities

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

57 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have just received the latest stoppage notice from CRT, with the closing of the Fazeley offices we are losing the waste disposal facilities. The water tap and the Elsan disposal will remain.

Given that I recall that the immediate neighbours have been quite vocal in the past about what happens outside their homes, I could anticipate that the concern by CaRT of inappropriate use of the unsupervised bins could give rise to issues. Also depends on what is happening to the offices since I suspect that the new owners/users would have to be agreeable to allowing collections to be made. My recollection is that it would not be easy, but someone who has been there more recently might be able to comment.

That is a very long stretch, with quite a few "localised boats" on it to have no rubbish collection points at all.

I am aware that CRT have been asking boatyards and marinas in some areas if they will host the CRT bins, whether this is going to happen here, I don't know.

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

They already have a workboat moored there which some people already use to dispose of their rubbish! 

There was an unattended BWB skip work boat on the Cov for months some years back. When it was approaching being totally full of rubbish they stuck a sign up asking boaters not to dump their rubbish in it. It was a very useful sign, lots of folk hung their rubbish from it. 

Just now, WotEver said:

There was an unattended BWB skip work boat on the Cov for months some years back. When it was approaching being totally full of rubbish they stuck a sign up asking boaters not to dump their rubbish in it. It was a very useful sign, lots of folk hung their rubbish from it. 

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

2 hours ago, Dave_P said:

Deleted

Like the rubbish points!

There's no rubbish skips between Fradley and that transport caff the far side of Barton Lock, either, since they took them out at Barton, first by the water point then out of the marina. The skips at Fradley are going to get very full.

3 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

so no rubbish points between grendon and fradley now?

If heading towards Birmingham, there are now rubbish bins by the waterpoint at Bodymoor Heath (just below the Dog & Doublet) not marked on Pearsons or Nicholsons but the one at Minworth was removed a while ago.

Edited by pearley