Fire at boatyard at Osney

frangar

Featured Posts

THC is one of the constituent chemicals of cannabis, affecting nerve endings amongst other things to give it's pain relieving properties. It has also been linked with schizophrenia in longterm users and also the main cause of the munchies commonly suffered during the drug use.

THC is one of the constituent chemicals of cannabis, affecting nerve endings amongst other things to give it's pain relieving properties. It has also been linked with schizophrenia in longterm users and also the main cause of the munchies commonly suffered during the drug use.

Still not clear of how this caused the fire...

Still not clear of how this caused the fire...

apparently Propane (along with many other highly volatile solvents) can be used to extract THC from the plant leaving behind a much more concentrated product once the solvent has evaporated or gassed off.

propane seems to be seen as a poor choice due to the stenching agents affecting the flavour and odour of the final product (butane seems to be preferred)

A home built lab would probably not have suitable ventilation to safely get rid of the propane used leading to an explosive mixture of air and propane within a room / building.... one spark and boom

Why would you need to extract the THC? Surely it is extracted when set on fire in a tube of paper.

What would the end product be, pure THC?

the end product should be cannabis oil with a very high THC content.

most cannabis strains seem to have around the 10 - 10% THC content, cannabis that has been concentrated using butane or propane may have up to 80% thc content.

in short bigger hit from a smaller dose and multiple extra dosing methods become available.

(pretty sure I have been added to some sort of list having now researched cannabis butane and propane thc concentration methods)

My business partners live there on their boat and tell me the place was swarming with emergency services but it didnt put him off his fillet steak or bottle of cndp for valentines meal

This one took some working out but I finally got there: what we at home call (erroneously) Pope Of Newcastle.

It should really be CNP, as Chateauneuf is all one word, but that would be even more baffling for the tyro.

Edited by Athy

most cannabis strains seem to have around the 10 - 10% THC content, cannabis that has been concentrated using butane or propane may have up to 80% thc content.

in short bigger hit from a smaller dose and multiple extra dosing methods become available.

(pretty sure I have been added to some sort of list having now researched cannabis butane and propane thc concentration methods)

If you have been looking up Cannibalists,D.N.A. may prove that your Ancestors ate poor Captain Cook?

CT

No, it's a different "neuf", meaning "brand new", which I suppose the castle was when they built it.

I guess you'd have to know the builder to have found that out.

Anyway what if he'd built eight castles previously? What would he call his next one?

How wrong can you be.

An 'Agricultural Merchant' up the road from us had a fire it one of his buildings - the heat caused over 100 Calor gas bottles (of all sizes) to explode, the explosions shook our roof and we are almost a mile away, they were shooting several 100 feet into the air - at least one took off sideways and went thru the rear door, (and out the other side) of a passing car, another went up in the air and came down 500 yards away and went thru the back of a pick up truck.

The road was subsequently closed for 2-days as the fire brigade could not (would not) get within 500 yards due to the danger from an unknown quantity of cylinders remaining.

It was a 'nightmare' and just goes to show how easily they do explode.

Edit to add :

The gas cylinders were not in the shed that caught fire, but in a 'Calor Approved' steel mesh (sides & roof) compound about 30-40 feet away from the burning building

Had he built one for some unlikely Blue cartoon characters,would it have been called Chateau Smurf?

The one with dodgy Foundations was known as Chateau Naff

CT

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

And doubtless the one he built for the rich cattle farmer was Chateau Boeuf.

Active chap, wasn't he?

Never knew that was how they made cannabis oil. Makes sense to try and produce it these days as I assume you can use it in a vaping pipe, mix it with something like a cherry flavour tobacco to disguise the smell and you can puff away in public with no one any the wiser

For thiose interested I have better up to date news than Reuters or the Beeb. I am online now with my mate actualy in the marina and have pictures. I am a dinosaur and have no idea how to put online so....The end of one block of flats totaly demolished and at least two boats and several cars adjacent to them destroyed. A huge hole blown out of the side of another first floor dwelling of some sort. Bricks and debri strewn over hundreds of yards ( thats metres ) to Eu members.

Still being treated as a no go crime scene.

For thiose interested I have better up to date news than Reuters or the Beeb. I am online now with my mate actualy in the marina and have pictures. I am a dinosaur and have no idea how to put online so....The end of one block of flats totaly demolished and at least two boats and several cars adjacent to them destroyed. A huge hole blown out of the side of another first floor dwelling of some sort. Bricks and debri strewn over hundreds of yards ( thats metres ) to Eu members.

Still being treated as a no go crime scene.

Good Heavens. It sounds very serious - has anyone been hurt, or worse?