to short?

nickfox

Featured Posts

I emailed her this thread to show her what people thought of the boat. Basically that it's a nice boat but to pricey. She stuck to her guns on the 29K price tag. I told her I would consider 25K and to contact me if she doesn't sell it. I'm looking at other boats on apollo duck right now.

n

Have you seen this one/

https://bwml.co.uk/brokerage/sm-9368-last-frontier/

Well spotted, Rachel. A bit plainer inside than the other one, but packs a fair bit into 36 feet at a rather more realistic price - the only thing I noticed which it hasn't got is a wardrobe. Has a rather better-known make of engine, too.

Don't think it has central heating either, unless I missed that in the description.

Well spotted, Rachel. A bit plainer inside than the other one, but packs a fair bit into 36 feet at a rather more realistic price - the only thing I noticed which it hasn't got is a wardrobe. Has a rather better-known make of engine, too.

Don't think it has central heating either, unless I missed that in the description.

We went to the yard where these boats were made many years ago and I am fairly sure that there is a cupboard on the 35fter. From memory that was the difference between the 30fter and the next size up, which I thought was 35ft but the advert claims 36ft.

and someone was asking where I am. I live near Béziers in southern France. 20 miles from my brother who has a permanent house here.

n

What a pleasant part of the world! Went there a few years ago on a hire (narrow)boat on the Canal du Midi. Are the Fonserannes locks near there? I have a vivid memory of those.

I'm not really sure. I have a very scant knowledge of canals. And yes, living here in the vineyards is quite beautiful. I was fortunate to find this place. The owner told me I got lucky and was ahead of 50 other people who tried to get it.

n

Edited by nickfox

Thank you guys, I took a look. Here is my favorite right now. What do you think?

https://www.apolloduck.com/feature.phtml?id=499638

and someone was asking where I am. I live near Béziers in southern France. 20 miles from my brother who has a permanent house here.

n

Looks nice and I quite liked those Midway boats, although they were at the lower end of the market.

I'm not really sure. I have a very scant knowledge of canals. And yes, living here in the vineyards is quite beautiful. I was fortunate to find this place. The owner told me I got lucky and was ahead of 50 other people who tried to get it.

n

Were it not for Mrs. Athy's reluctance, we'd quite possibly be living in France now. I spent a very happy year living and working in Rodez (Aveyron) at the start of my career, and have criss-crossed my way around various parts of France as often as possible ever since.

Edited by Athy

2012 is most definately not a "recent" survey and in any event has no relevance to you as it was undertaken for another's benefit. Looks ok but again about 15% too dear although it is at least on the system. Can I ask why you like cruiser sterns? As they are the worst choice for a live aboard as you loose so much space not only with the deck but with the access steps as well.

Mr. Hound and Mr. Ever, you have got my wee brainywheels a-whirring - no mean feat for this time in the morning!

But, while a boat-for-house (or whatever Nick lives in) swop for a week or two would be appealing, I get the impression that he wants a boat to live on permanently. As mentioned earlier, Mrs. Athy would not be receptive to dwelling in France - added to which, she might find it hard to commute to her job from down there!

As Mr. Chuck Berry so aptly put it, "My imagination running wild"...from his song 'No Particular Place To Go', whose title could be a slogan for many boaters.

Yes, I do want a permanent boat. I live in a little chalet that I rent for 430 euro per month. Don't let the cost fool you. The view over the vineyards is truly a knock your socks off experience. But now that you guys mention it, I wouldn't mind doing a one week swap with someone just for the experience of living on a boat. If you are interested, let me know.

Just to further elaborate on my plans, I have a beautiful, fully loaded 2012 VW Golf that I plan on selling (hopefully for 16,000 euro). If anyone is interested in trading a narrowboat for my VW (+ cash), let me know.

n

edit:

oops, I forgot, you guys are British. You have the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car...

Edited by nickfox

Yes, I do want a permanent boat. I live in a little chalet that I rent for 430 euro per month. Don't let the cost fool you. The view over the vineyards is truly a knock your socks off experience. But now that you guys mention it, I wouldn't mind doing a one week swap with someone just for the experience of living on a boat. If you are interested, let me know.

Just to further elaborate on my plans, I have a beautiful, fully loaded 2012 VW Golf that I plan on selling (hopefully for 16,000 euro). If anyone is interested in trading a narrowboat for my VW (+ cash), let me know.

n

edit:

oops, I forgot, you guys are British. You have the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car...

That sounds very cheap for a chalet (depending on its size and facilities, I suppose.) I assume that it isn't in Béziers itself.

Your car is "fully loaded"? With what, grapes? Barrels? I hope you would empty it before selling it.

I actually live on the outskirts of a small village called Cazouls-lès-Béziers. The village itself is on the outskirts of Béziers. I just went outside and took two pictures. One of the chalet and the other of the view. You can see it here on imgur.

http://imgur.com/a/WEt9o

I guess "fully loaded" must be an American term! It means it has all the bells and whistles like adaptive cruise control, lane assist, emergency braking, factory tinted windows, top of the line gps/stereo, heated seats etc. Otherwise it's empty...

Oh, and it's 70 degrees out right now (ok, so I'm going for the hard sell...)

n

I guess "fully loaded" must be an American term! It means it has all the bells and whistles like adaptive cruise control, lane assist, emergency braking, factory tinted windows, top of the line gps/stereo, heated seats etc. Otherwise it's empty...

That could be dangerous - not only will the steering wheel be on the 'wrong side' the car will automatically try to put you on the 'wrong side' of the road.