Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_P

BCN Challenge details released.

Featured Posts

Missing in action at Warings Green

Enchilada is missing in action elsewhere

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dotterel is near Hockley Heath. Apologies to Vulpes for not leaving the lift bridge up. Unfortunately it was being operated by the key from the boat in from of us.

Cheers Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Graham and Jo said:

Dotterel is near Hockley Heath. Apologies to Vulpes for not leaving the lift bridge up. Unfortunately it was being operated by the key from the boat in from of us.

Cheers Graham

Does Dotterel know which direction it is travelling in now?

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RLWP said:

Does Dotterel know which direction it is travelling in now?

Richard

Dotterel is travelling front end first down Lapworth.

Cheers Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

Dotterel is travelling front end first down Lapworth.

Cheers Graham

Front end first is so last year, ask Willow

Good to see you (briefly) at Dickens Heath, and Barney says thank you for having him on Dotterel

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Front end first is so last year, ask Willow

Good to see you (briefly) at Dickens Heath, and Barney says thank you for having him on Dotterel

Richard

We were delighted to get Barney even I it was for an all too short a time. By the way I have fired our directionally challenged crewperson.

Cheers Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We hang our delinquent crew members to encourage the others

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I still have the scar

You were lucky Sue insisted we couldn't leave you hanging

Richard

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I still have the scar

They nailed my toes to the stern bench and pushed me over the stern, head nestled on the back button fender. Surprisingly comfortable ...

What a brilliant weekend though ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take this wisdom to heart. More floggings next year.

by the way we found the Grand Union, just hope we turned the right way.

Cheers Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2017 at 22:19, RLWP said:

Missing in action at Warings Green

Enchilada is missing in action elsewhere

Richard

Enceladus craftily nipped past you all to be first down Lapworth this morning, despite having earlier been commandeered by Team Tawny Owl for luggage portering duties to avoid a bit of swampy towpath. A toll of two flapjacks was paid, which went down very nicely, thanks.

A simply splendid weekend, and lovely to do that meet people in real-life thing. It could catch on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A summary of Barneys diary.

Thanks to everyone who hosted him, and the lovely entries.

Saturday

 

08:00     Tawny Owl                         Pudding Green   

08:40     Tatty Lucy                          Motorway Bridge Salford Junction

09:06     Talisman                             Bromford Junction

10:00     Felonious Mongoose       Smethwick Top Lock

11:45     Cecilia                                 Spon Lane          

13:15     Giddy                                   Ryders Green

15:55     Best Critical Thinking       Chimney Bridge, Thame Valley

16:15     Tatty Lucy                          M5/M6 Junction Thame Valley

18:25     Carpe Vinum                      Manor Arms Daw End

18:50     Mika                                    Longwood Boat Club

20:00     Dotterel                              Aldridge Wharf Bridge

20:50     Dora Venus                        Rushall Top        

21:30     Felgate                                Pub (Manor Arms)

22:00     Squire

 

Sunday

 

08:00     Misbourne                          Ryders Green Bottom Lock

10:55     Rearsby                               Oldbury Locks

               FireFly                                 Titford locks

               Arcto                                   Titford Locks

               Atlas & Malus                    Arrived at Titford top lock.

He's now resting ready to start again next year.

 

Sue

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enceladus and Vulpes are now reunited side by side again as they were after the Challenge. Must be something going on there.

JP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

Enceladus and Vulpes are now reunited side by side again as they were after the Challenge. Must be something going on there.

JP

Well we were quite tempted to moor alongside you on Monday night just for old time's sake. I'm sure they'll be company for one another

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see Rob there, lying hard up against Jon's mast

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Good to see Rob there, lying hard up against Jon's mast

Richard

<titter>

But interesting photos, thanks. In 1964 my dad took our Enterprise sailing dinghy (sans mast) to the Parkhead end and we paddled through a good bit of the tunnel. Obviously in the days before anyone felt the now ubiquitous urge to stop people doing fun things.

I recall seeing strange passages / junctions in the tunnel, but not much else. My primary recollection was dropping my new Honda 500-4 bike on the sloping wet grass, and feeling like a right plonker!

But that was the last time I saw the inside of the Parkhead end of the tunnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, nicknorman said:

<titter>

But interesting photos, thanks. In 1964 my dad took our Enterprise sailing dinghy (sans mast) to the Parkhead end and we paddled through a good bit of the tunnel. Obviously in the days before anyone felt the now ubiquitous urge to stop people doing fun things.

I recall seeing strange passages / junctions in the tunnel, but not much else. My primary recollection was dropping my new Honda 500-4 bike on the sloping wet grass, and feeling like a right plonker!

But that was the last time I saw the inside of the Parkhead end of the tunnel.

Mmmm.  Must have been a very early 500-4 if it was 1964.  Perhaps 1974?  I still have my 1977 400-4, bought new but no longer in that condition, by any means. 

I recall going through the tunnel one-way on some sort of organised trip in the 1970's.  There was some legging but I can't remember whether or not there was an alternative means of propulsion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tacet said:

Mmmm.  Must have been a very early 500-4 if it was 1964.  Perhaps 1974?  I still have my 1977 400-4, bought new but no longer in that condition, by any means. 

I recall going through the tunnel one-way on some sort of organised trip in the 1970's.  There was some legging but I can't remember whether or not there was an alternative means of propulsion.

Sorry, typo, 1974!

Edited by nicknorman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see in the latest Cart boaters update that John Dodwells boat  'Helen'  is 5ft. long and draws 3ft. !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the results have been published and Team Tawny Owl is the winner in a photo finish.

I seem to have lost 37 points in the drink at Ryders Green bottom lock along with the official paperwork. Not happy about that.

JP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.