Removing rust and paint in seconds

zenataomm

Featured Posts

does it remove millscale?

that is an issue for new boats.

It probably does. It seems to be packing a load of energy into stuff on the surface of the steel, which is what millscale is

On the other hand, the 'rust' on some of those demos is pretty light stuff

Richard

It probably does. It seems to be packing a load of energy into stuff on the surface of the steel, which is what millscale is

On the other hand, the 'rust' on some of those demos is pretty light stuff

Richard

That struck me too. Yet the pitting corrosion on those samples was pretty deep too so I found myself wondering if they were previously cleaned up with possibly a lot more difficulty, then left out in the rain for a few days to re-rust them up for the video filming.

Its pretty inpressive though think of the time saved on stripping say an engine of its paint and rust to re paint.

No mess no covering up all the holes and ports and then washing every last bit of sand out. You could just get the enging out strip it down to a semi bacic form and job done saves hours if not days.

Imagin this being used in a dock every other time you repaint the hull you could have it stripped back to metal very quickly.

Its pretty inpressive though think of the time saved on stripping say an engine of its paint and rust to re paint.

No mess no covering up all the holes and ports and then washing every last bit of sand out. You could just get the enging out strip it down to a semi bacic form and job done saves hours if not days.

It doesn't take very long with a steam cleaner

Richard

At £40k+ it's not something for every boater but I'd imagine it would be a reasonable investment for a boatyard that offers painting as a service. It must surely cut down on the time and effort required, plus you could charge an optional premium to customers who wanted to watch because it looks and sounds SO COOL!!!

I have to say, to vapourise with a laser the sheer volume of rust/paint/shite one gets on a boat is BOUND to result in some serious atmospheric pollution inside the shed, which will probably settle in a 1mm thick film on everything and give you cancer if you breathe it.

Just pouring some cold water of realism, like....