Spiders everywhere

rustydiver

Featured Posts

This is our first year off boat ownership and I'm supprised how many spiders like to freeload and come on board to live. They is everywhere.

Have you got any secret lotions and potions to keep them at bay. Or do you just live with them.

I used to chuck them out but then I noticed the boat was soon invaded by flies despite being clean and clutter-free. I now keep the spiders aboard who do a terrific job of getting rid of the flies. Two of them even have names, Malcolm and Jeremy. :) That said, I will chuck them out when they get too big!

I'm always surprised to hear these reports, because we seem to get very few, but this appears to be very common problem. If I knew what we did, I'd tell you but, other than keeping the boat pretty clean and using lemon pledge, I've no idea what we're doing to be so untroubled by them.

Wait till I hit you with loads of dumb questions about FR2s you might change your mind then!!

We used to have loads of conker trees at Grafton Lock. Next to the field where the boat club craned out their yoghurt pots for the winter..Always a mad scramble for the conkers to keep the spiders at bay!!

Wait till I hit you with loads of dumb questions about FR2s you might change your mind then!!

We used to have loads of conker trees at Grafton Lock. Next to the field where the boat club craned out their yoghurt pots for the winter..Always a mad scramble for the conkers to keep the spiders at bay!!

Bet there are loads of spiders living in those trees

I like FRs

Richard

• Greenie 1

This is our first year off boat ownership and I'm supprised how many spiders like to freeload and come on board to live. They is everywhere.

Have you got any secret lotions and potions to keep them at bay. Or do you just live with them.

I reckon there are more spiders than ever this year.

Is the conker idea a wind up?

Spiders also love living in the roof spaces of paint docks. Many times I've turned up to work, only to see the cabin top a mass of spider crap.

Dave

Better than flea crap. Our cats....

Richard

Conkers didn't work for me. I kept missing them. My aim is not what it used to be.

It is their cobwebs that I don't like. The invisible threads across the boat that you walk into.

I wave stick or broom or feather duster in front of me to clear a path..

And another thing, flies as well, they get splattered and make a mess in the roller blinds of the galley windows..

Other than that, its housekeeping.

Conkers didn't work for me. I kept missing them. My aim is not what it used to be.

It is their cobwebs that I don't like. The invisible threads across the boat that you walk into.

I wave stick or broom or feather duster in front of me to clear a path..

And another thing, flies as well, they get splattered and make a mess in the roller blinds of the galley windows..

Other than that, its housekeeping.

That's a tricky one. Maybe you would do better with hazelnuts or peanuts

Richard