Rotary scabbler

Featured Posts

Can anyone point me in the right direction , I have seen a rotary scabbler used to remove paint of narrowboats and it does a pretty rapid job.

I am looking to buy one but can only see concrete scabbler for sale , is this the same machine ?

Anyone used one ?

Cheers.

Cheers matty , I have looked at a few hire ones , same teeth used then for concrete and steel ? I suppose if it does not damage concrete it should be OK for steel.

I would rather buy one and do the job at my own pace , sometimes I wake up in the morning and just decide to do sod all but relax for the day.

Then the next day do 16 hours.

Cheers matty , I have looked at a few hire ones , same teeth used then for concrete and steel ? I suppose if it does not damage concrete it should be OK for steel.

I would rather buy one and do the job at my own pace , sometimes I wake up in the morning and just decide to do sod all but relax for the day.

Some for sale here:

http://www.pwm-sales.co.uk/Details_options.asp?ProductID=146

Tim

I have one that fits into a drill chuck..cost about 40 quid.but that was 10+ years ago..no need to spend 400 on a complete tool.. The one I have stripped my roof with loads of antislip and many many layers of paint in about 5 hours..that on a 60ft boat..these things are worth their weight in gold.saves hours of truly knackering back breaking work

One I looked at on you tube looked like a attachment tool but I could not find anywhere.

Will it remove rust too? My well deck is in a poor condition. I've got cauliflowers of rust under the paintwork.

Hopefully someone who has used one will let us know , I also have a few bits of rust to remove.

Same here

If you look at the weekly hire prices they don't seem to be too bad and not much more than a daily price!

I've used and are still using the "Tercoo" discs, and am amazed with their efficiency, as long as you don't push on them and let them do the work themselfs.

A mate who came to help me distroyed my first one, because he didn't listen to what I'd told him and pushed hard on the drill and when he arrived at an angle iron at a joint he killied several tungsten tips.

If you are careful they'll last a long time.

http://tercoo-rotating-blaster.co.uk/

Peter.

you will probably need to buy a set of teeth....

Is the vibration really that bad :rolleyes:

I've used and are still using the "Tercoo" discs, and am amazed with their efficiency, as long as you don't push on them and let them do the work themselfs.

A mate who came to help me distroyed my first one, because he didn't listen to what I'd told him and pushed hard on the drill and when he arrived at an angle iron at a joint he killied several tungsten tips.

If you are careful they'll last a long time.

http://tercoo-rotating-blaster.co.uk/

Peter.

Sorry if this is a slightly personal question but are you the man with the website called Dutchbargesforsale?

Is the vibration really that bad rolleyes.gif

Sorry if this is a slightly personal question but are you the man with the website called Dutchbargesforsale?

No need to be sorry for this slightly personal question, I am not the man of the website, I don't have a website at all, and no business either.

Peter.