* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Sorry for my ignorance. Tunnel bands are...

The red and ivory/white bands around the back of the boat. The white band shows up in a tunnel so you don't run into the boat in front

As an aside, the ends of much lock furniture is white so you can see it in the dark or the fog

Richard

We are just travelling north towards Stone, and passed an identical boat 'rare bear' at Weston. The people aboard challenged us when they saw us photographing their boat!

You and they are in a public place. Snap away.

• Greenie 1

the 2 colours on the stern

Thanks. Better stop calling them ass cheeks.

The red and ivory/white bands around the back of the boat. The white band shows up in a tunnel so you don't run into the boat in front

As an aside, the ends of much lock furniture is white so you can see it in the dark or the fog

Richard

You learn something new every day :)

That may be so but it depends on how intrusive people are being in their photo taking.

Maybe if you are peering in the windows, but otherwise legally you can photograph any boat, house or boat from a public place.

Do all these six boats have the same windows layout?

The same question I just came back here to ask.

The photo is too poor to pick out fine detail but the window pattern matches, so the answer to this question becomes quite important.

If all six boats have this window pattern then there is a one in three chance this is the missing boat. If they all have different patterns this is almost certainly the missing boat.

Either way, it's the best and most probable sighting so far.

Has anybody considered the possibility that boaters who are not in any way shape or form involved in any of this may not want there boat movements broadcasting all over the Internet?

Maybe if you are peering in the windows, but otherwise legally you can photograph any boat, house or boat from a public place.

I wasn't particularly thinking about a legal perspective.

Is there any way we can use canalplan to look up the Reg Numbers of the other five boats?

(If there is, the thief may have done the same and selected one to put on the stolen boat to make it look legitimate.)

yes IF we knew all of the names but we dont

We are just travelling north towards Stone, and passed an identical boat 'rare bear' at Weston. The people aboard challenged us when they saw us photographing their boat.

They must be fed up with us busybodies taking such an interest in their boat!

I presume that this is also on of the 6 as it was nicely sign written - but you never know!

If you have spoken to the people on that boat, you must have a description. I think early on there was a description of the person who took the boat out of the marina. Perhaps if there is a likeness then this adds credence. I would have thought that if the people on Rare Bear are just innocently enjoying their boat, then they would not mind being eliminated from the suspicion.

I can confirm, as a photographer, as long as you are on public property you can take a pic of anyone/thing, excluding the likes of military establishments, etc.

I too am an ameture photographer, and I know the laws on the issue thanks.