* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Yes thank you all so much for all you are doing we have never experienced such a kind and supportive community. So many emails, phone calls! Shoe leather! Do not worry Robert they are waiting until we are up tomorrow to find our boat, as we have promised to buy them all a drink! We are driving up this evening, on our way,see some of you perhaps?

I'm a bit of a old fart when it comes to technology so took me a while to work out how to this. I was having a pint with another ex mcc employee who showed me the many listings on his ipone he said he knew the owners and they had got a legal case against the mcc for shody work it seems after reading all through no one mentioned it, more than a coisidence for some one to turn up with a set of keys. Have the boys in blue had a word with unmerry men at mcc ?

So are you saying the owners of stolen boat have a case for shoddy work with MCC .I think they would have said if they had.

I'm sure this has been thought about but we are always seeing boats on the "rough side of the canal" heavily covered in tarpaulins, its well worth remembering this in the search. I still think the boat will be static and well camouflaged until things quieten down.

A question which one or two of us have already asked in this thread, yes. My impression is that its appearance must have been modified in some way.

I trust that your question is tongue-in-cheek.

Very tongue-in-cheek. There has been an amazing amount of work done which should make all of you proud to be part of the boating community.

Edited by Yank on the Cut

I'm sure this has been thought about but we are always seeing boats on the "rough side of the canal" heavily covered in tarpaulins, its well worth remembering this in the search. I still think the boat will be static and well camouflaged until things quieten down.

I reckon it has an invisibility tarp over it sad.png

I am very hesitant to post this and it is most likely a wild goose chase so if its incorrect please forgive me.

Just after the other boat was stolen we were coming up the S&W from Kinver. On the long term moorings between Kinver lock the the next one up stream there was a grey boat with a stocky round faced balding chap in overalls painting the tow path side. I am sure it had a mixture of windows and portholes but not like the other stolen boat. I get a feeling the stern may have had a construction on it because the painter popped up between the cabin and stern.

So please could anyone in that area have a close look at any grey boat (looked like primer or raddle to me) have a closer look just in case.

Edited by Tony Brooks

Thanks MJG for your support.but I'm afraid I speak my mind and a spades a spade as they say. I have been told that there is a legal case on going by an ex employee I thought the owners would have made a comment. So I won't mention the company by name again as every one knows who it is. Just the senario that the builder has a set of keys and decides to take some revenge easier for the builder to do some think with there own boat than any one else! We did discuss the stern as well which I forgot to mention but this is I think called the Gem Class and there are a fair few around I've certinaly seen quite a lot

Right , using the wonder of modern technology the aerial shot of Bishop Meadow lock showing the non(?) navigable part of the soar that comes in onto your right when leaving Loughborough , is apparently a place that those" tarpaulin" boats go and hide.

I am to far from it now as I'm at pillings talking to some fishermen who pointed this out to me.

If any one is closer or knows how to get to it safely..... That's the bridge that the midland main line goes over then shout up!

They say that some persons have been living under that bridge and as its off the navigation as such can be used by boats..... This may be the type of area to look in

It's possible that a boat or boats are up there now.

It's going to take me an hour to walk back from here but I will check it out in the morning

No, I think he's just reporting. It is an interesting twist to the story - and I am sure that Chris & Graham will be quick to deny it, if it's not true.

If they are in dispute with the builders.

A - it's nothing to do with us.

B - The only thing they can deny (if they wish) is that. They can't deny the subsequent allegation now clarified.

If they are in dispute with the builders.

A - it's nothing to do with us.

B - The only thing they can deny (if they wish) is that. They can't deny the subsequent allegation now clarified.

A - not us maybe but it might be something to do with the missing boat and therefor pertinent to the thread/search.

Thanks MJG for your support.but I'm afraid I speak my mind and a spades a spade as they say. I have been told that there is a legal case on going by an ex employee I thought the owners would have made a comment. So I won't mention the company by name again as every one knows who it is. Just the senario that the builder has a set of keys and decides to take some revenge easier for the builder to do some think with there own boat than any one else! We did discuss the stern as well which I forgot to mention but this is I think called the Gem Class and there are a fair few around I've certinaly seen quite a lot

What has any legal case got to do with us unless the owners wish to divulge that?

An ex employee breaching a confidence doesn't impress me at all.

So to be clear you are now suggesting Stenson themselves have stolen the boat by way of some sort of revenge or redress against the owners.

Ridiculous.

A - not us maybe but it might be something to do with the missing boat and therefor pertinent to the thread/search.

Why exactly?

The boat just needs to be found, everything else is irrelavent and to be dealt with afterwards.

This forum reaches heights of ridiculousness sometimes.

Is it possible that it was craned out at bridge 32 where the plates were found. We here have often had boats craned in or out from adjacent roads and road over bridges. It might be worth asking any residents near that bridge if they saw anything.

What has any legal case got to do with us unless the owners wish to divulge that?

An ex employee breaching a confidence doesn't impress me at all.

So to be clear you are now suggesting Stenson themselves have stolen the boat by way of some sort of revenge or redress against the owners.

Ridiculous.

Why exactly?

The boat just needs to be found, everything else is irrelavent and to be dealt with afterwards.

This forum reaches heights of ridiculousness sometimes.

Because it would offer a different motive for the theft, and no one is denying it was a theft it should be noted. atm everyone is thinking it was taken to be reused as a boat for living or holidaying, if the full story isnt told how can we know to cover all possibilities?

If there is some sort of dispute then the circumstances of its theft are in a different light a set of keys for that exact boat, knowing it well enough to just get on and motor off. If there is no dispute then it matters not a jot.

To say it doesnt affect anything is touching those heights of ridiculousness you mention.

I have printed off some flyers and when I return to my boat on Monday I will put them in my windows either side and keep an eye out as I boat towards London.

Covering Napton Braunston and the grand onion.

Of course it might already have been found by then.

Just a thought for future proofing a boat against theft. How easy is it to engrave all the windows with the boats name and or index number? Easy to repaint a boat quickly and badly but bit expensive to re glaze it?

Because it would offer a different motive for the theft, and no one is denying it was a theft it should be noted. atm everyone is thinking it was taken to be reused as a boat for living or holidaying, if the full story isnt told how can we know to cover all possibilities?

If there is some sort of dispute then the circumstances of its theft are in a different light a set of keys for that exact boat, knowing it well enough to just get on and motor off. If there is no dispute then it matters not a jot.

To say it doesnt affect anything is touching those heights of ridiculousness you mention.

Re--my post 72.

Incorrect.

A theft is a theft is a theft.

Anyway none of this is helping the owners finding their stolen boat.

If others want to pontificate on the strength of something third hand posted by somebody who joined the forum only yesterday (now there's a clue) feel free, I've made my point.

Just a thought for future proofing a boat against theft. How easy is it to engrave all the windows with the boats name and or index number? Easy to repaint a boat quickly and badly but bit expensive to re glaze it?

fairly easy to do, costs under £15 to do 10 windows with any number you want ebay link

Is it possible that it was craned out at bridge 32 where the plates were found. We here have often had boats craned in or out from adjacent roads and road over bridges. It might be worth asking any residents near that bridge if they saw anything.

Not possible at that bridge, very weak, limited access and lots of trees.

• Greenie 1

Ridiculous.

Martin, yes it's unlikely - but where have all our other searches and theories got us so far? Everything reasonable and probable has been considered, so I don't see that a less obvious suggestion can do any harm. Chris & Graham still have not got their boat back. No stone unturned, etc.

Snotty miserable basket has just told me to fffff off when I tried to give him a flyer.........

Hope he sinks on the soar!!!!

Just tell them if your boat gets stolen dont bother with the forums

• Greenie 1

At least some ones thinks it's possible. And yes I did only just join after no one seemed to have mentioned this I believe it's true why would a ex employee make it up but there's always some one who knows better