* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Just a thought Chris & Graham.

I assume you've contacted your insurance company. What have they said? Do they have any system in place to help search for ( or help with funding) a stolen boat. It's very much in their interest too, as they don't want to pay out for an I recovered boat.

May I comment and compliment Yank on the Cut for his continued concern and active involvement in this missing boat?

Call me cynical but I don't think many marina managers would get involve to such a degree, most would probably report it to the police then get on with the day to day work of managing the marina.

You cynical Mike - never. LOL

He is a great manager who is incredibly supportive and believes wholeheartedly in the community we have at Mercia but also the wider boating community.

Sweet! Not all would agree however!

There must be a finite number of companies that can crane/transport narrow boats, could they be contacted?

There must be a finite number of companies that can crane/transport narrow boats, could they be contacted?

I suspect it is long gone and is up north or down south, or even craned out by now.

Craning out is surely unlikely: what would the person then do with it? If one half-inches a boat, it will be to live on or to sell - both of which are easier to do when the craft is afloat.

I have also sent email and flyer to East Midlands news site at emt@bbc.co.uk

Good point - this has the makings a news story given the extent of various people looking for it over the various parts of the t'internet.

Say Again.....Over.

Good point - this has the makings a news story given the extent of various people looking for it over the various parts of the t'internet.

So far the local news site have responded by standard email saying they will look into it to see if it's a valid news item.....come on Auntie!!!!

Hi all

I cannot contact anyone at the moment, only through this forum. Romarni. I have already sent to all boatyards and marinas on, The Trent and Mersea, Coventry, Ashby, Birmingham and Fazely, Oxford. I have now deleted and in my outbox for Leicester section of the Grand Union. Thank you so much Romarni for offering to carry on whilst my outbox is out of action.

We have reported the loss to our insurance company and we have been in contact with the loss adjuster. He has devised a poster and he has posted it on stolen boats.org.

I have not personally put details on London based Marinas, but we have informed the CRT and the Environmental agency and we have asked them to circulate the details to the lock keepers, but as yet have had no reply. Will let you know when we are back with emails. Many thanks again!

No problem just doing it now if you need any calls to be made to boatyards pm me I get free calls as well .has anyone looked in Alvecote

No problem just doing it now if you need any calls to be made to boatyards pm me I get free calls as well .has anyone looked in Alvecote

Its possible but unlikely that a professional gang and criminal mastermind are at work here, more likely a disorganised and rather pathetic individual as many criminals are, hardly likely to pay for a crane to lift the boat out. If it is lifted out it will be by a "friend" who works at a crane hire depot and can "borrow" a crane at the weekend for a cheap cash in hand job.

This boat is most likely still on the cut somewhere but maybe badly repainted in primer or Dulux etc.

We need to keep looking for a boat of the correct shape and window layout but maybe a very different colour.

Is anybody checking London (etc) for newly arrived boats?

...............Dave

I have emailed the flyer to all our members of the Pewsey Wharf Boat Club. We are based on the Kennet and Avon but have members all over the country. Good luck I hope she is found soon.

There is nothing like the description of the boat ive ignored colours ive consentrated on boat design, up maffers or the maffers locks and there is nothing upto and just beond the pub at the bw yard at the top. Been down to dunstable boat club and nothing that way. I know its not the area others are looking st but its my local ares so thought i would have a look yesterday before heading back to towy today.

Well I'm halfway between Marston junction and the basin in Coventry, no sign yet of boat or anything boat related on the tow path.

We turned off at Hawkesbury and didnt go down to the basin, well worth a look as little used.

its very possible that the licence plates were dumped where they could be found !!! and that the boat is miles away is it not time to widen the search north and south as well as road movements?

See post #314