* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Thanks - no that is just written by me it's up to the owners if they use it, I would email/fax it it to local and national new outlets, somebody may just pick it up.

(Part of my job was to write similar at work though the context was different obviously)

Yes, I've done a bit of professional writing myself, hence I appreciated your piece.

(I also am apt to make the odd typo: where is this Debyshire?)

Somehow I manged to miss that laugh.png

If there was another canals forum it could go on there too. But I don't think there is, is there?

Edited by Athy

Hi all

Wow what a good report thank you, and for all the contacts you have created and the posts. As for loads of people taking time out on foot and on bikes and of course on boats looking we think it incredible and are blown away with all this. We are busy getting ready to return and will be at the marina at 10 so we can be pointed in a useful direction. Walking boots being packed! We are really confident that with all this publicity our boat will once more be found. I cannot tell you how we felt finding our mooring empty, it felt very lonely, but all that has changed, so many many heartfelt thanks!

Strangely my spell checker thinks there is such a place, but doesn't think Derbyshire exists.

Weird.

If there was another canals forum it could go on there too. But I don't think there is, is there?

tis up to the owners what they do with it, they can bin it if they like, It needs bits adding if they choose to use it of course.

I'm just finding being so far away and unable to do very much a bit frustrating. Well I could walk the Tees but I seriously doubt it's moored there.

Yes, I've done a bit of professional writing myself, hence I appreciated your piece.

The appeal is already on there and members are aware and looking. Some of the members are on long cruises in the area and if they still had access here it may have helped with the search a bit more. Not wanting to open or debate this on here just saying maybe this post could be made available to members and non members, whether banned or not, as it is such an important thing for all boat owners.

• Greenie 1

The appeal is already on there and members are aware and looking. Some of the members are on long cruises in the area and if they still had access here it may have helped with the search a bit more. Not wanting to open or debate this on here just saying maybe this post could be made available to members and non members, whether banned or not, as it is such an important thing for all boat owners.

That s a fair point, I must admit when I posted there I didn't fully clock that some people wouldn't actually be able to see the thread back here which I linked to.

Edited by MJG

I'm a bit of a old fart when it comes to technology so took me a while to work out how to this. I was having a pint with another ex mcc employee who showed me the many listings on his ipone he said he knew the owners and they had got a legal case against the mcc for shody work it seems after reading all through no one mentioned it, more than a coisidence for some one to turn up with a set of keys. Have the boys in blue had a word with unmerry men at mcc ?

I'm a bit of a old fart when it comes to technology so took me a while to work out how to this. I was having a pint with another ex mcc employee who showed me the many listings on his ipone he said he knew the owners and they had got a legal case against the mcc for shody work it seems after reading all through no one mentioned it, more than a coisidence for some one to turn up with a set of keys. Have the boys in blue had a word with unmerry men at mcc ?

Are you making some sort of allegation here??

If so I would say you need to very careful.

I'm not sure what any dispute with the builders has to do with anything at all even if it is correct.

Edited by MJG

Is there a poster or pdf I could share online? Im a member of a few groups in the midlands who are regular towpath users and could keep an eye open while round and about. Mainly BCN if its likely to have headed into the wilds of that area?

page 16 - post 312 on this thread there is a poster -

i have just walked a good stretch of the S & W chatting to people and giving leaflets out - also put some on the notice boards, the Cart guys were saying they had had an email about the stole boat so already knew, but hadnt had detail so i passed the poster to them,

I also saw a notice saying the rodbaston lock was closed for repair so boats were backing up,

• Greenie 1

Is there a poster or pdf I could share online? Im a member of a few groups in the midlands who are regular towpath users and could keep an eye open while round and about. Mainly BCN if its likely to have headed into the wilds of that area?

I've forwarded the email to you with the flyer.

Are you making some sort of allegation here??

If so I would say you need to very careful.

I'm not sure what any dispute with the builders has to do with anything at all even if it is correct.

No, I think he's just reporting. It is an interesting twist to the story - and I am sure that Chris & Graham will be quick to deny it, if it's not true.

• Greenie 1

Hello All,

After my initial panic Tuesday night when Graham and Chris phoned me at home to say the boat they had come to visit was missing, I immediately thought of enlisting the help of Canalworld Forumites. Having spent years lurking and learning on the site I knew that you were by far the best hope and pretty much the only hope.

Thank you all for living up to my expectations, and exceeding Graham and Chris'. This is the boating community at its best.

But why in God's name haven't you found the boat yet???????

• Greenie 3

Hello All,

After my initial panic Tuesday night when Graham and Chris phoned me at home to say the boat they had come to visit was missing, I immediately thought of enlisting the help of Canalworld Forumites. Having spent years lurking and learning on the site I knew that you were by far the best hope and pretty much the only hope.

Thank you all for living up to my expectations, and exceeding Graham and Chris'. This is the boating community at its best.

But why in God's name haven't you found the boat yet???????

A question which one or two of us have already asked in this thread, yes. My impression is that its appearance must have been modified in some way.

I trust that your question is tongue-in-cheek.