At a lock today...

Ricco1

Featured Posts

If you're single-handing & hearing voices, you need professional help. I'd be rubbish at it.

I should point out that I don't patrol the towpaths looking for people to help or abuse. If I'm out & about, I'll probably stop & chat, like people do. Maybe I'll swing a gate & close up after them. Maybe I won't.

Also, I'll only give someone grief if I reckon they can't get up a lock-ladder in a hurry. (or if they've got a really silly boat).

If you go back & read it again, you might see that I was having a mildly sarky dig at another poster, I was bored with turtles.

Thanks for the conformation, not that i needed it.

This seems quite sexist. Why shouldn't a woman do manual work? If she is struggling then she needs to struggle more so as to build up her strength. It's not as though "struggling" is likely to damage her. And if she doesn't like it, she'll probably just not do it, unless the skipper had her in chains and was plying the whip? But perhaps you are just worried about her getting dirty grease on her pretty frock?

Quite, I'm game to steer when we hire however 'Im Indoors has had arthritis since he was 25 and it affects his wrists in particular so unless I'm really stuck I do the manual work at locks. It's a holiday so a husband in pain is not conducive to a happy time.

Don't judge if you don't have all the facts.

• Greenie 1

I have often thought that but never said it.

Then you are learning well, Grasshopper, for the casual observer will not have enough information to make such a harsh judgement and may well find himself in said lock with said bicycle. ;)

• Greenie 1

His steering must be erratic!

I get these weird dreams occasionally where the water in the canal runs out, and I'm cruising the boat along streets in a city. It still gets just enough buoyancy to go along as its chucking it down with rain!

Hope there are no psychiatrists reading here :D

Then you are learning well, Grasshopper, for the casual observer will not have enough information to make such a harsh judgement and may well find himself in said lock with said bicycle. wink.png

Harsh judgement? Lighten up. And please don't go throwing bicycles in locks, kids. They can cause serious damage to a boats stern gear.

I get these weird dreams occasionally where the water in the canal runs out, and I'm cruising the boat along streets in a city. It still gets just enough buoyancy to go along as its chucking it down with rain!

Hope there are no psychiatrists reading here biggrin.png

I think you are hankering after a holiday in Venice

Hope there are no psychiatrists reading here biggrin.png

I've had that one as well, but you wernt in it. Strange. Maybe we should start a thread on dreams.

Hope there are no psychiatrists reading here :D

There is article in the August WW about waterways in 2050, that includes your dream ....