Searching for a 70" Widebeam See Photo

Biggles

Featured Posts

I see that there are still the A**holes on here that can say nothing worthwhile. Nothing changes.

Just what is the matter with you people? It's a simple question, you either know or you don't! if you do and feel like saying something fine, if you don't why the hell do you think it reasonable to post crap replies. You must have more to your live than trolling for response.

I've not been on here for quite a while yet the same old idiots are still posting pointless replies.

Mine was a genuine reply ... is it the one moored in front of ours? Ours is the red WB on the right of the pic btw

post-20365-0-40196000-1463453252_thumb.jpg

post-20365-0-12745200-1463453341_thumb.jpg

I see that there are still the A**holes on here that can say nothing worthwhile. Nothing changes.

Just what is the matter with you people? It's a simple question, you either know or you don't! if you do and feel like saying something fine, if you don't why the hell do you think it reasonable to post crap replies. You must have more to your live than trolling for response.

I've not been on here for quite a while yet the same old idiots are still posting pointless replies.

Christ had you been on the loopy juice last night.

I only mentioned the width as 70" is 5` 10" not a wide beam as 12 foot is 144"

If i upset you for miss reading it i am sorry, now you have a brew and chill.

looks a bit like a boat that was sold by ABC @ Aldermaston a couple of months ago. I think I last saw her about 4 weeks ago going down through Aldermaston lock heading towards Reading.

If you don't quote the post(s) that prompted your outburst then any of those who responded are likely to feel criticised, which appears to be what has happened.

It sometimes helps if you read back to yourself what it is you've actually written before hitting the button. As simple incorrect sentences can become a bit of an obstacle course.

I'm not correcting your use of "live" for you but would point out that 70' is twelve times 70".

I agree there are some awkward so and so's on here, just ignore them.

I hope you track down what you are looking for.

• Greenie 3

hi biggles I'm new on here and going to be a wb owner in the not too distant future...i do think as soon as you mention or show pictures of a wb there are those on here who feel duty bound to make some stupid comments..i soon learnt this fact from such as bettie boo and peterboat if a wb is your thing then go for it and take no notice what so ever of those who would do you down..chances are mate if your moored up next to them they would not have the bottle to say it to your face..its easy for them to play silly games on a forum. i for one take no notice of the idiots but i do respect the helpful comments made to my posts on here both from wb and the good nb owners alike.hope you track the boat down she's a bit big to be hiding lol

looks like you have lots of room for them wbs where your are bettieboo?

Edited by fergyguy

Bettie Boo may have lots of room where she is, but Biggles has almost endless room while cruising through France on his boat.

Here is a photo when he was going upstream past my mooring this morning.

721184Avalon03.jpg

Peter.

LOL don't let it fool you fergyguy - that was taken on the K&A @ the 48 hour moorings in Hungerford, but does not represent the whole of the K&A - there are some pretty scary bits between Reading & Hungerford as well; we were scraping the reeds on both sides and we are only 11ft wide, thankfully we didn't meet up with any of the other WB's going through that lot...see below

the boat moored on across from us was also a WB hotel boat, so loads of space in that section of canal.

ETA - spellin

post-20365-0-39548700-1463491765_thumb.jpg

post-20365-0-82555300-1463491790_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bettie Boo

Hi bettieboo not bother then....lol I reckon from doing my map reading of the northern waterways the trip to Liverpool and back on its own is about 434 miles and considering we intend mooring at every possible location where it's worth staying for 7-14 days at a time in accordance with cc rules it will take us years just doing that and that's before we go up to Rippon then down the fossdyke and witham to Boston so may not be France but I'm sure we will discover lots of the North we never knew exsisted...we are aiming to be cc a very slow and steady pace with no thought of time. I can always buy some french wine a stripped top some french bread and on a sunny day moor up lay on our huge roof ( wb do have some advantages) and pretend we are in France lol

Edited by fergyguy

........... I can always buy some french wine a stripped top some french bread and on a sunny day moor up lay on our huge roof ( wb do have some advantages) and pretend we are in France

Don't forget the string of onions, the beret and the bicycle, then you can really feel you are in France.

Virtual greenie made me smile plus us proper boat owners need to stick togethersmile.png

Hi bettieboo not bother then....lol I reckon from doing my map reading of the northern waterways the trip to Liverpool and back on its own is about 434 miles and considering we intend mooring at every possible location where it's worth staying for 7-14 days at a time in accordance with cc rules it will take us years just doing that and that's before we go up to Rippon then down the fossdyke and witham to Boston so may not be France but I'm sure we will discover lots of the North we never knew exsisted...we are aiming to be cc a very slow and steady pace with no thought of time. I can always buy some french wine a stripped top some french bread and on a sunny day moor up lay on our huge roof ( wb do have some advantages) and pretend we are in France lol

You will have to move more than that to fill with water and empty the loo :-)

You will have to move more than that to fill with water and empty the loo :-)

I dont know about that? mine holds 4 tons of water and composting loo only needs doing every 2 - 3 months pee can be emptied on the grass so he should make the 14 days easyclapping.gifhelp.gif

Hi peterboat I thought their comments would make you smile. Have you got that car platform designed and fitted to your bow yet?

No Fergyguy still playing with other stuff plus as I might be changing to a sea boat not sure whether to go ahead with it or not at the moment all decisions. Are you both going to Crick? if you are might see you there

Mine was a genuine reply ... is it the one moored in front of ours? Ours is the red WB on the right of the pic btw

Hello

Thanks I realise that. Its not the boat. It now has a big canopy on the stern, or did when I saw it at Straford some years ago.

Christ had you been on the loopy juice last night.

I only mentioned the width as 70" is 5` 10" not a wide beam as 12 foot is 144"

If i upset you for miss reading it i am sorry, now you have a brew and chill.

Good point but I couldn't edit the title. Not that it much matters because the word Widebeam was seen and the trolls came out. Not at all upset with worthwhile responces.

If you don't quote the post(s) that prompted your outburst then any of those who responded are likely to feel criticised, which appears to be what has happened.

It sometimes helps if you read back to yourself what it is you've actually written before hitting the button. As simple incorrect sentences can become a bit of an obstacle course.

I'm not correcting your use of "live" for you but would point out that 70' is twelve times 70".

I agree there are some awkward so and so's on here, just ignore them.

I hope you track down what you are looking for.

I'm sure I will find it and the owner it would be nice for me at least to find out how the sister ship ended up.. As for quoting the offenders? We all know who they are, whats the point?

Bettie Boo may have lots of room where she is, but Biggles has almost endless room while cruising through France on his boat.

Here is a photo when he was going upstream past my mooring this morning.

721184Avalon03.jpg

Peter.

Hello Peter

It took 4 hours with locking. Only had to add 200 rpm to maintain 6kph. Glad I have all that power I was told was un-necesary by the "experts" here. Still had another 1000 rpm to use.