CRT Council Meeting 8 March 2016

StarUKKiwi

Featured Posts

We were not told the names of any of the prospective trustees. We were told adverts had been placed. Lots of people had applied, of which over 50 had been long listed. This had been reduced to 11. They been interviewed, and a further subset produced. As Clive has left, he has to be replaced before the final selection can be made.

We were not told the names of any of the prospective trustees. We were told adverts had been placed. Lots of people had applied, of which over 50 had been long listed. This had been reduced to 11. They had been interviewed, and a further subset produced. As Clive has left, he has to be replaced before the final selection can be made.

I do not see how there can be any misunderstanding in StarUKKiwi's post :

Further interviews are scheduled in the next month and announcements will be made on the new appointments in due course. I can't remember all the names, but Clive Henderson was one of them.

Which clearly states that 'interviews for new appointments ....... of which Clive Henderson was one......."

The fact that your post is totally at odds with this is causing the confusion - you cannot both be correct.

I guess its one of the problems of 'leaking' information before the press release / minutes have been agreed.

And this is just another example of why this Council is a complete waste of time and money. It is all just Window Dressing.

Right hand left hand springs to mind I am surprised with all those egos they can find a room big enough for them.

We were not told the names of any of the prospective trustees. We were told adverts had been placed. Lots of people had applied, of which over 50 had been long listed. This had been reduced to 11. They been interviewed, and a further subset produced. As Clive has left, he has to be replaced before the final selection can be made.

We were not told the names of any of the prospective trustees. We were told adverts had been placed. Lots of people had applied, of which over 50 had been long listed. This had been reduced to 11. They had been interviewed, and a further subset produced. As Clive has left, he has to be replaced before the final selection can be made.

Not sure if I can stand the suspense any longer of finding out his replacement. Edited by cotswoldsman

So one of you is right, and the other is wrong, or one is wrong, and the other right?

Perhaps you should elect a chair, spokesperson to release any "snippets" Crt allow past the "non disclosure" doc you all signed.

(I'll get back to painting me boat, with the knowledge that it will be far more productive than this limp council).

Well one of the main moans on here in the past was that we never heard a word for our elected members, now the ones in office are trying to put that point right they are still getting a hard time. Give them a break, these ones could just make a difference.

• Greenie 1

Boater's update and this will be the way my communication to this forum will be conducted in the future as it appears that the majority don't want an update beforehand

Please don't make the mistake that because some people do not appear to want to be communicated with, that none of us do!

If you hadn't realised before you went for this role that you would need to be fairly thick skinned, and expect to face a degree of criticism, then I bet you are quickly learning.

If you chose to get directly involved with CRT on any front, you can more or less guarantee a level of dissent from some quarters, I think.

But if you don't try to bring your own mark to this role, you risk being judged as no better than the four who filled the available slots for the last period of office, and it can't be hard to make more of it than they did, surely?

Please don't make the mistake that because some people do not appear to want to be communicated with, that none of us do!

If you hadn't realised before you went for this role that you would need to be fairly thick skinned, and expect to face a degree of criticism, then I bet you are quickly learning.

If you chose to get directly involved with CRT on any front, you can more or less guarantee a level of dissent from some quarters, I think.

But if you don't try to bring your own mark to this role, you risk being judged as no better than the four who filled the available slots for the last period of office, and it can't be hard to make more of it than they did, surely?

You will forgive me, I wrote the above when on dialysis and just after going through my "I can't breathe" time. Lesson in don't comment at your lowest point and ignore the usual suspects. I was warned about certain forum members and so far they have certainly not disappointed. I will continue to feedback, solicit views etc through this and other means. If you don't like it, may I respectfully ask that you keep any comments as constructive rather than, at present, destructive.

I am reasonably thick skinned, but I don't hold with negativity; renal failure and being told I will be on life time dialysis a month ago has taught me to accept things, change what you can and don't complain for the sake of complaining, a common theme on here at times

Look to the positives, believe me. You are better off.

• Greenie 3

You will forgive me, I wrote the above when on dialysis and just after going through my "I can't breathe" time. Lesson in don't comment at your lowest point and ignore the usual suspects. I was warned about certain forum members and so far they have certainly not disappointed. I will continue to feedback, solicit views etc through this and other means. If you don't like it, may I respectfully ask that you keep any comments as constructive rather than, at present, destructive.

I am reasonably thick skinned, but I don't hold with negativity; renal failure and being told I will be on life time dialysis a month ago has taught me to accept things, change what you can and don't complain for the sake of complaining, a common theme on here at times

Greenie for all of that.

Hang in there, Star, you're a...

Sorry, too obvious ;)

............. I will continue to feedback, solicit views etc through this and other means. If you don't like it, may I respectfully ask that you keep any comments as constructive rather than, at present, destructive..............

Your feedback following your 1st meeting was most welcome, and future updates will, I am sure, be well received.

The comments and responses were not aimed at the fact you had updated the forum on the meeting, but on your suggestion that Clive Henderson was an interviewee for the role of Trustee - this was denied by another member who was at the same meeting.

Both of you cannot be 'right'.

Please do continue to 'report back', we do need the facts to be correct.

Your feedback following your 1st meeting was most welcome, and future updates will, I am sure, be well received.

The comments and responses were not aimed at the fact you had updated the forum on the meeting, but on your suggestion that Clive Henderson was an interviewee for the role of Trustee - this was denied by another member who was at the same meeting.

Both of you cannot be 'right'.

Please do continue to 'report back', we do need the facts to be correct.

Sorry, that was my error in writing - Clive is standing down but they were also looking to nominate a new position to the Appointments Committee. There are new trustees to be appointed, but the Appointment Committee post had to be filled now through the election of someone from the council who is elected. Therefore, nominations were sought and an election will be held shortly.

Apologies for the confusion

Good O

That will be shame as the vast majority I am sure here will appreciate the communication as I will.