Easter at Ellesmere Port

Featured Posts

We have seen a number of the oldies chugging past us on their way. Lovely to see and hear them.

Saw Halsall in Nantwich with Brian on board. Martin, you get so much time off.(smilie)

Enjoy the weekend all.

Martyn

!!!!

That was definitely me!

Really? Was it?

I'm sorry to accuse you of having time off. I really thought it was Brian. I can't apologise enough.

I have such a hectic social life I recognise people I don't even know.

Have a good weekend.

Really? Was it?

I'm sorry to accuse you of having time off. I really thought it was Brian. I can't apologise enough.

Have a good weekend.

Don't worry, I was deep in 'customer mode' and with a bit of a que.

I saw you say hi and gave you a nod but by the time I'd finished with the customer you had gone and I felt bad for not saying hello properly.

Hope the dogs ok?

Really? Was it?

Have a good weekend.

Well you have even spoken to me.

Indeed I have. At least a couple of times.

Is it more the boat that is recognised rather than the 'driver'?

We are now thinking, maybe we should have zoomed up the Ellesmere Port for the weekend and returned to Nantwich afterwards.

Hey Ho! We didn't.

Cor - what weather! We had a useful time, met several forum members, joined the HNBC, sold a headlamp, bought some BCN books, drank beer and generally had a good, if wet time

Many thanks for helping us put down the gazebo - you know who you are. Portable ballast much appreciated

Richard

Edited by RLWP

FB_IMG_1459146462901_zpsskunazi3.jpg

We pulled away before 6am this morning with George (Furnessvale) pulling the early shift as I've consumed a lot more alcohol than planned this weekend (Damn the Horse & Jockey!) and had a lot less sleep than I'd hoped.

As expected it was an enjoyable weekend even though the weather did do it's best to dampen spirits. It was nice to see Richard & Sue getting the Marine Engine Services (Midlands) brand out and about with an impressive display that included a 'chug chug' engine banging away on a trailer. It was also nice to get a chance to grab a pint with them in the evenings. Hopefully despite the low turnout of boats this year it was a successful weekends networking and brand awareness for them.

I'm not sure exactly the reasons for the lower than usual turnout but I realise it's a non HNBC year this year, Easter was early etc. Nevertheless there were some lovely boats on display and in the absence of James Woolcock I'll have a go off the top of my head to list the boats I remember (not including Museum residents).

Dove

Beatty

Petrel

Aquarius

Ariel

Victoria

Elizabeth

Stamford

Empress

Acacia

Kenilworth

Thea

Lindsay

Buckden

Saturn

Daphne

Swan

Rat

Hazel

Forget me not

The North

Dory

Whitby

Halsall

Greenlaw

And a couple of others I think I've forgotten.

It is a sort of extended vibration trial for the trailer. Nothing fell off this time, which is an improvement!

Staying on Hazel was a delight, although lying in bed while looking at the wooden structure is dangerous. Some of that woodwork looks easy to do, and Forget-me-Not and Mabel are just up the cut from Tawny..

I very much enjoyed watching you moor up yesterday evening Junior

Richard

Oh yes, I got my fleece back safely - thank you

I'm glad I went on Friday now, looking at what the weather was like on Sat/Sun.

Yes, you got that right!

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you Paul. Naturally the SR2 was fine, but the quick fit feed pipe I fitted for shows was the problem. Once I stopped the air leak into the pipe it ran fine

Richard

Certainly did! He is Dove on the forum

Richard

Haven't seen him posting since I've been here, but it's probably not Andy anyway, I'm thinking. It's probably Andrea, Mrs Dove. Delightfully tough, just like him!

Andy has fettled many an amendment to our boat. Top Geezah.

FB_IMG_1459146462901_zpsskunazi3.jpg

We pulled away before 6am this morning with George (Furnessvale) pulling the early shift as I've consumed a lot more alcohol than planned this weekend (Damn the Horse & Jockey!) and had a lot less sleep than I'd hoped.

As expected it was an enjoyable weekend even though the weather did do it's best to dampen spirits. It was nice to see Richard & Sue getting the Marine Engine Services (Midlands) brand out and about with an impressive display that included a 'chug chug' engine banging away on a trailer. It was also nice to get a chance to grab a pint with them in the evenings. Hopefully despite the low turnout of boats this year it was a successful weekends networking and brand awareness for them.

I'm not sure exactly the reasons for the lower than usual turnout but I realise it's a non HNBC year this year, Easter was early etc. Nevertheless there were some lovely boats on display and in the absence of James Woolcock I'll have a go off the top of my head to list the boats I remember (not including Museum residents).

Dove

Beatty

Petrel

Aquarius

Ariel

Victoria

Elizabeth

Stamford

Empress

Acacia

Kenilworth

Thea

Lindsay

Buckden

Saturn

Daphne

Swan

Rat

Hazel

Forget me not

The North

Dory

Whitby

Halsall

Greenlaw

And a couple of others I think I've forgotten.

Saw you saturday man-handling your barrow up the steps by the pump house.. Yeah i was saying to my missus and also to Brian and Ann-Marie lower basin and rear of warehouse was quieter than normal..

Wifeys' pics from the gathering if anyone's interested.

https://www.facebook.com/Narrowboatmervyn/posts/1683725371887654

Nice pictures credit to wifey

Many thanks for helping us put down the gazebo - you know who you are. Portable ballast much appreciated

Richard

It was a pleasure to meet you both and I was happy to be able to offer you a little bit of assistance in the real world, after all the help I've seen you both give people on here.

Regards kris