Boat survey

Water Rat.

Featured Posts

You do however seem to have changed your views somewhat on the subject over the years.....

These were your very concise thoughts about wide-beams in 2011

(Personally I think you were right in the first place, though! laugh.png)

Ahh Alan as you can see I had the smiling face after the statement as I made it when I was lucky enough to live on a widebeam. But all good things come to an end and I wanted to move daarn saarf for a while so narrow it has to be, but if I decide to move back oop tut proper canal and river system and vacate the ditch again then I will simply sell this sewer tube and buy another of more sensible and suitable dimensions. tongue.png

Tim

Edited by mrsmelly

You do however seem to have changed your views somewhat on the subject over the years.....

These were your very concise thoughts about wide-beams in 2011

(Personally I think you were right in the first place, though! laugh.png)

As far as I remember I made the same mistake as you Alan because Tim actually owned a widebeam at the time he made those comments and was being ironic.

I also think my Widebeam has a shape to it the gunwales are low in the middle, gaining height at each end.

Also I think her bum is quite peachy as well

Nice ass!

Charming. Show us a picture of your boat then.

You wouldn't like it, blackrose! It's a bleedin narrowboat innit!

And I didn't really mean it! I just don't like 'em!

PS I'd have one like Bigcol's, though. As long as it was seaworthy too.

Widebeams are certainly practical, but everything has been done to maximise interior space, with scant regard to aesthetics. On the better sort of narrowboat there are at least some nods to aesthetics, with interesting bows, a slight uplift to the coachroof at the back, and generally a rounded stern. By contrast, WBs often have a squared-off stern, which not even the most ardent WB-owner could describe as lovely.

There is also seldom any attempt to paint them in an interesting way, which is a shame as that could make a big difference. It's possible to go over the top with roses and castles, in my view, but WBs are invariably well under the top when it comes to attractive paint jobs.

Alan de is quite right about the height. However, low bridges make them impracticable. Even demountable ones wouldn't work as you'd spend all day putting them up and taking them down.

not true mine has the slightly curved in sides at the bow and at the stern the sides lift up like a trad which then runs into the folding wheelhouse johnathon wilson designed some style into the steelwork. as yet i have not had to take the wheelhouse down in five years[ it has been very close at times] but then that is down to northern canals being proper canals for for proper bib boats.

I also think my Widebeam has a shape to it the gunwales are low in the middle, gaining height at each end.

Also I think her bum is quite peachy as well

Although I do understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder

i agree col good looking boat boat.gif lovely bum clapping.gifhelp.gif

not true mine has the slightly curved in sides at the bow and at the stern the sides lift up like a trad which then runs into the folding wheelhouse johnathon wilson designed some style into the steelwork. as yet i have not had to take the wheelhouse down in five years[ it has been very close at times] but then that is down to northern canals being proper canals for for proper bib boats.

Well, I haven't seen a wide-beam like yours. It sounds rather better than most.

Ah. Sorry!

Here she is

attachicon.gif20140103-2350.JPG

Classic schoolboy error! Now that photo has been sucked into the CIA's secret web trawling software, enhanced, and the details logged into your dossier. A naughty journalist has hacked that system and put it in the public domain in the interest of freedom. Its now only a matter of time before your secret identity is revealed!

Classic schoolboy error! Now that photo has been sucked into the CIA's secret web trawling software, enhanced, and the details logged into your dossier. A naughty journalist has hacked that system and put it in the public domain in the interest of freedom. Its now only a matter of time before your secret identity is revealed!

I'm releasing the information slowly! I'm beginning to trust that most members here might not actually throw beer over me.

Edited by Loafer

Don't be too sure.

Man in pub: "Would you care for a pint, Loafer?"

Loafer: "I don't mind if I do."

Splosh!

That is indeed a big risk. A diminishing one, what with the ever-increasing pint of a price of beer.

That is indeed a big risk. A diminishing one, what with the ever-increasing pint of a price of beer.

If you are going to pour a pint over someone, but are concerned about the costs involved, it could be cheaper at Wetherspoons.

Alternatively tip a pint of beer that THEY paid for over them......

They wouldn't waste good beer!

PS What size are your tyres?

I have two different ones. One is ex-mini size, the other a little bigger! Doesn't everyone have a spare wheel or two?

ETA I use them for maureen porpoises!

Edited by Loafer