Chainsaw using times

Tisinca

Featured Posts

At 07.40 this morning the guy on the boat behind us decided to cut up some wood with his petrol chainsaw which was right outside our bedroom window. ..OK so it's eight till eight with engines and generators to generate power but what about chainsaws , are there any rules for times of use. Fair enough he only ran it for a few minutes , but is this acceptable on not ?.

At 07.40 this morning the guy on the boat behind us decided to cut up some wood with his petrol chainsaw which was right outside our bedroom window. ..OK so it's eight till eight with engines and generators to generate power but what about chainsaws , are there any rules for times of use. Fair enough he only ran it for a few minutes , but is this acceptable on not ?.

Unfortunately not against any CRT rules. The guy is obviously an inconsiderate a-hole, unfortunately that seems to be on the increase these days. Wait until he is asleep and then start a raucous party is my best suggestion! Or, how about a magnetic underwater loudspeaker that you could attach to the bottom of his hull, then play dreadful music that would reverberate eerily around his boat in the dead of night whilst not disturbing anyone else. Bit like a magnetic sound mine!

Unfortunately not against any CRT rules. The guy is obviously an inconsiderate a-hole, unfortunately that seems to be on the increase these days. Wait until he is asleep and then start a raucous party is my best suggestion! Or, how about a magnetic underwater loudspeaker that you could attach to the bottom of his hull, then play dreadful music that would reverberate eerily around his boat in the dead of night whilst not disturbing anyone else. Bit like a magnetic sound mine!

clapping.gif

If it was a one off...ignore it especially as he only ran it for a few minutes.

As has been said, he might have run out and needed a couple of logs to keep it going for a bit or maybe he had misjudged the time and thought it was a bit later and stopped when he realised.

Now if it happens again that's a different matter

Yes the guy is inconsiderate. If you are moving on before he leaves I would make a very early and noisy start.

Many years ago I used to live next door to a taxi driver, who got home around 03:00 every morning.

He would leave his taxi outside my bedroom window with the engine running (at that time we lived in a bungalow) and take up to 10 minutes to open his garage and drive in, waking me up. As I used to get up at 05:30 I was not best pleased.

Three times I asked him to be more considerate to no effect.

In the end I took to revving my car up outside his bedroom window. Out he came in his pyjamas, ranting and raving. "Well be more considerate to me when you get home and I'll revert to being considerate to you". Never had anymore trouble with him.

There's no rules, the blokes an arse, seems odd that he only ran the saw for a few minutes though, maybe he had run out of firewood, so only spent enough time to cut sufficient for an hour or so?

Maybe he just ran it up to try it before taking it somewhere to cut wood all day. As for rules I wouldn't be surprised if an individual using a chainsaw on the tow path was not against their rules somewhere especially without insurance.

Maybe he just ran it up to try it before taking it somewhere to cut wood all day. As for rules I wouldn't be surprised if an individual using a chainsaw on the tow path was not against their rules somewhere especially without insurance.

That's a good point although if I'm using my saws (not often nowadays) I do all my pre use checks the previous day

I also suspect peeps are on slightly dodgy ground using a saw in a public place without insurance and training