This is an appalling attitude by CRT to ethnic people

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

I think this is very unfair to the service mums that are out there without their families risking their lives on the say so of our government.

I support them wholeheartedly. Same the other way round. That's why you join up!

Edited by Loafer

Not for long there wasn't.

Britain's first female Red Arrows pilot is to move to a ground role after two of her flying colleagues were killed in separate tragedies.

Flt Lt Stewart, who flew as Red 9, will not fly for a period yet to be agreed by RAF bosses - but it could be up to six months.

She will be posted to another role within the RAF and it is understood that her departure is not the subject of any disciplinary issues or related to her gender.

'This has had an adverse effect on Kirsty and has resulted in the Royal Air Force deciding that it would be more appropriate for the individual and the service if Kirsty is reassigned.'

Edited by GoodGurl
removed quote

I don't have any predjudices, just a sense of realism. I have no hang-ups about her trying to join the RAF on a 12 or 16 year commission, getting through Officer Training, Basic Flying Training, Advanced Flying Training and an Operational Conversion Unit. Followed by 6 months' close observation until she becomes 'operational' on her first Squadron. She'll also have to convince the selection board that she has the right temperament to go and kill people, not to mention top-end hand/eye/foot co-ordination. She seems not to have a husband/partner in the first place.

If she were to 'get in', I'd go round and give her a medal.

The contradictions in the first line say it all.

Its a pity you don't support that lady that Appears to have been defrauded out of her

position Loafer?

I also couldn't support a lady fighter pilot applicant who, say, was colourblind, or had a femur length too long for the cockpit, resulting in a leg severed at the knee if she ejected from it.

If she was indeed defrauded, then that is wrong. I don't know all the facts of the case.

Edited by Loafer

Written by Allan Richards on "Narrowboatworld" if this is true it is disgusting.

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/news-flash/8547-friend-not-allowed-to-stand-for-council

I find this hard to believe. If it was as reported there would be people falling over themselves to take CRT to court. To bar someone on those grounds would be against the Race and Sex discrimination acts.

Also I would point out that everyone bar none has an "ethnic" background or are you saying CRT has an appalling attitude to everyone? If so I guess that is at least even handed!

Do we though?

I may have got this wrong, but I thought a version of the supporters list was supposed to have been captured where she was shown as having five supporters.

Now we are told a mistake was made, and she only had four.

So did she believe she had five? Did she have five, but one was invalidated because ERS had allowed someone to support her that was not allowed to do so? We really still haven't been told, I think.

If she thought she had 5, but one was disqualified for some reason, perhaps she would have found a replacement had she been told in time?

I'm genuinely curious to know how this could occur now the system is all electronic. I could easily see how things could go wrong last time, where it was not. I found, for example, someone supporting me had done things like get their boat index number wrong, and I might have been disqualified had I not spotted it, and got it corrected. But I thought the ERS system should only allow someone to support someone if the necessary criteria had already been met.

I don't think ethnicity probably enters into this, and it is probably a mistake to make that the story, but if someone genuinely believed they had the required number of supporters, but ERS have got something wrong, then it is hardly a fair process.

Don't forget though it is not CRT running the process but an independent body with an interest purely in running fair election processes. So if any wrong doing was thought to have occurred it should be reported to them.

More like +9-4.

There are cases of successful female fighter pilots and even a Red Arrows pilot, although most of them cry in the debriefs when they're told they have to do better!

Hopefully in the not too distant future they will build a time machine that takes you back to over a hundred years ago .. May I suggest Loafer that you book yourself on the first trip so that you can be were you belong ...

Hopefully in the not too distant future they will build a time machine that takes you back to over a hundred years ago .. May I suggest Loafer that you book yourself on the first trip so that you can be were you belong ...

Wake me up when the number of female fighter pilots reaches around 50% of the total!

Don't forget though it is not CRT running the process but an independent body with an interest purely in running fair election processes. So if any wrong doing was thought to have occurred it should be reported to them.

Totally agree, and they had running problems when the site was up.

Wake me up when the number of female fighter pilots reaches around 50% of the total!

Well that wont realistically happen will it? For a whole variety reasons, the point is its about opportunity. I think sometimes the problem is some men can't compute with women doing certain jobs because deep down it challenges their 'masculinity' and exposes the fact women want to do a job they wouldn't have the guts to do themselves.

Edited by MJG

Written by Allan Richards on "Narrowboatworld" if this is true it is disgusting.

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/news-flash/8547-friend-not-allowed-to-stand-for-council

The only good thing that comes out of reading this dross is that surely we can now, once and for all, accept that the anti-CRT agenda of NBW is so extreme as to preclude credence being given to ANYTHING that they write.

There is not a scrap of evidence that anything untoward has gone on.

Rather, it would appear that one of her nominees wasn't valid.

• Greenie 1

FYI I have removed some comments and quotes, please try to keep on topic and avoid being sexist.

GG

Interesting to note that you have removed a few "sexist" jokes but left the thread title as an unfounded accusation against CRT. You have an interesting sense of priorities.

The only good thing that comes out of reading this dross is that surely we can now, once and for all, accept that the anti-CRT agenda of NBW is so extreme as to preclude credence being given to ANYTHING that they write.

There is not a scrap of evidence that anything untoward has gone on.

Rather, it would appear that one of her nominees wasn't valid.

I don't know if one of her nominees weren't valid,where did you find that?

Interesting to note that you have removed a few "sexist" jokes but left the thread title as an unfounded accusation against CRT. You have an interesting sense of priorities.

Surely the title forms part of the debate (if it doesn't turn into an off topic bunfight)

Well that wont realistically happen will it? For a whole variety reasons, the point is its about opportunity. I think sometimes the problem is some men can't compute women certain jobs because deep down it challenges their 'masculinity' and exposes the fact women want to do a job they wouldn't have the guts to do themselves.

That's not a portrait of me though. I don't mind the idea of having a female Squadron Boss if she was good enough. The opportunity exists for any woman to become a fighter pilot, apart from those unsuitable for reasons given earlier (leg length, colourblindness etc) which also applies to blokes.

Goodgurl, have you removed any of my posts? If so, I strongly object to being considered sexist.

Edited by Loafer