Diamond geezer stops cyclist

b0atman

Featured Posts

Well you have to take your hat off to the idiot hirer on a Diamond Resorts boat near Braunstone on Friday .

They obviously decided to stop for lunch so minimalist mooring tie centre line to an adjacent tree easy peasy.

Fortunately the cyclist saw it and just stopped as it caught him on his chest mild mannered he ducked under it and continued his journey.

Hirer what a plonker.

Well you have to take your hat off to the idiot hirer on a Diamond Resorts boat near Braunstone on Friday .

They obviously decided to stop for lunch so minimalist mooring tie centre line to an adjacent tree easy peasy.

Fortunately the cyclist saw it and just stopped as it caught him on his chest mild mannered he ducked under it and continued his journey.

Hirer what a plonker.

Wouldn't be too happy if I came across that on me bike.

Probably the same Diamond Resorts boat that was moored on the lock landing having lunch on the Stratford recently. When I politely pointed out he shouldn't be there, he said he can moor where he likes. Shame his rudder got slammed over when I used lots of throttle maneuvering out of the limited space I had to enter the lock.

Hirer what a plonker.

I presume you have reported it to the hire company?

Know that the hirer is ignoring their instructions and if they get more reports possibly withholding their damage deposit.

Would they be able to withhold the damage deposit if the hirer hadn't actually done any damage or cost the hire company anything?

Know that the hirer is ignoring their instructions and if they get more reports possibly withholding their damage deposit.

Also ensuring that their instructions are strengthened to future hirers.

Did they damage the boat then?

Also ensuring that their instructions are strengthened to future hirers.

And do you think they instructed them not to do that?

Not that it makes any difference but are not Diamond Resorts a sort of holiday club/timeshare thingy!

https://www.diamondresorts.com/English-Resorts

As they are time share the "hirer" will actually be the owner of that time period. I doubt there is much the organisation behind the time share could do.

Not sure that is so. As I understand it, Diamond Resorts is not a co-ownership arrangement, it is a holiday club where members can holiday in many resorts, but have no specific right to any particular one.

Diamond Resorts is a holiday club where you have points to use against your chosen holiday

You are made to think that you are above all others and your experience with them is a privilege that others are not entitled too

Therefore you can do what you like. Many times I have come across Diamond Resorts boats that have no respect for other canal users mooring out side Pubs blocking entrances to Locks making navigation difficult.

Not sure that is so. As I understand it, Diamond Resorts is not a co-ownership arrangement, it is a holiday club where members can holiday in many resorts, but have no specific right to any particular one.

When we had a time share they (Diamond Resorts) were part of RCI (Resorts Condominium International). It was a system where by you could swap your time share for another anywhere in the world. So you might have a time share week which you owned in Spain but swapped (on a points system) for somewhere say in the Caribbean for a change.

RCI had no control over the set up other than facilitating the swap. So for somebody to do something about a person on a time share boat would be difficult. The company which runs the boats may or may not have any control because of the swap and even if they have i.e. it is an owner rather than an RCI swap, I doubt they will worry about owners who will not be back until next year or perhaps not even then if they swap.

Diamond Resorts is a holiday club where you have points to use against your chosen holiday

You are made to think that you are above all others and your experience with them is a privilege that others are not entitled too

Therefore you can do what you like. Many times I have come across Diamond Resorts boats that have no respect for other canal users mooring out side Pubs blocking entrances to Locks making navigation difficult.

........ really? Oh I do hope I come across at least one of this lot soon. clapping.gif

Interesting, on Friday morning we followed a Diamond Resorts boat from Napton Junction to when we stopped at bridge 100. They were going ridiculously slowly, such that I was dropping in and out of gear. My guess was they had leaves on the prop by the amount of water they were churning up yet making little progress.

So perhaps the same boat? I did wonder where they had come from given they are operated by ABC and there is no base close by.

We once belonged to something very similar to Diamond, it was called Lion Resorts. They too were linked into RCI but that was a side arrangement and we had to pay an additional fee for it. RCI are only interested in the quality of the resorts being put up for exchange. As you say we could swap our weeks for a different holiday. For all that our weeks were weeks in the Lion Resorts Vacation Club and did not give us a specific right to an apartment, resort or location. It just gave us the right to holiday on a given two weeks in one of LIon's resorts. It is true the apartments etc were owned (well actually leased) by Lion but the membership just had a floating interest over the portfolio which could be changed at any time.

Lion no longer exist and that is a sorry tale in itself. Diamond have had some pretty bad press too, but all that is OT.

Edited by Traveller

But surely just like picking up a hire boat, if the crew have no experience, a handover instruction should be given.

The boat is worth 10's of thousands and the safety of the crew and others are also at risk with an incompetent steerer/crew.

Would they be able to withhold the damage deposit if the hirer hadn't actually done any damage or cost the hire company anything?

It has been reported that hire boat companies have done this in the past.

As they are time share the "hirer" will actually be the owner of that time period. I doubt there is much the organisation behind the time share could do.

The share boat we had always took a deposit against damage.

But surely just like picking up a hire boat, if the crew have no experience, a handover instruction should be given.

The boat is worth 10's of thousands and the safety of the crew and others are also at risk with an incompetent steerer/crew.

Quite!

If the hire base do not know about the "problems" being caused because people on here seem to think it is a waste of time, then there will be no improvement.

Therefore either people stop moaning or they do something about it.

The more people who complain the more likely it is that something will be done.

Whatever!

I shall however repeat this, if the hire base do not know about the "problems" being caused because people on here seem to think it is a waste of time, then there will be no improvement.

Therefore either people stop moaning or they do something about it.

The more people who complain the more likely it is that something will be done.

• Greenie 1