New Waterways magazine launches.

jenlyn

Featured Posts

I think magazines still provide a service in sparking interest or bringing ideas and services to the reader's attention. It's hard to Google anything you haven't already thought of! ;)

Maybe but the last one I bought was garbage, worse than a Landrover Owner Magazine.

Maybe but the last one I bought was garbage, worse than a Landrover Owner Magazine.

Yeah, point taken - I should have written 'SOME' before magazines! :)

Maybe 'the odd magazine' would have been better still, as it would have swept up the Land Rover thing too! ;)

I just had a very quick look at this mag and learned that it is sustrans who insist the no speed limit be imposed on the towpath. Very interesting. We need more surprised people with planks.:icecream:

They may insist on no speed limits but do say:

Cyclists tend to be the fastest movers on these paths, but the paths aren’t suitable for high speeds so it’s important to keep cycling speed under control. Remember that they are for sharing, not for speeding. If you wish to travel quickly, train for fitness or record personal best times, this is better done on quiet roads.

And further on in the same code:

Cycle at a sensible speed and do not use the paths for recording times with challenge apps or for fitness training;

Self published mag, won't last but very cheap to publish.

Yes, I agree. I can't see what their USP is, it's a bit too dull and regurgitated for me.

Motorboat Owner is going well, I quite enjoy that for a free to view online magazine.

That's been going for 18 months or so, they seem to do well for advertising and have some interesting content - they appear to have got it about right.

They may insist on no speed limits but do say:

Cyclists tend to be the fastest movers on these paths, but the paths aren’t suitable for high speeds so it’s important to keep cycling speed under control. Remember that they are for sharing, not for speeding. If you wish to travel quickly, train for fitness or record personal best times, this is better done on quiet roads.

And further on in the same code:

Cycle at a sensible speed and do not use the paths for recording times with challenge apps or for fitness training;

Pity they don't seem to take any notice of that. I still reckon that cyclists are urban terrorists.

Bob

I'm looking for a waterways magazine that has 40 odd pages of boat ads, a few pictures of shiney new engines a cruise diary of the Llangollen, and a review of the best floating Keyrings. Anyone know where I can get this? ;)

You'd think that in a publication of four pages, they could at least manage to get the page numbers right.

I think you misunderstand, Sir! The magazine is simply reporting things as it sees them and, whilst I'm sure they do their best to check that their sources are genuine and their stories are factually correct, they can't be expected to check every fact right down to the page number! Your allegation is scurrilous and neither can you prove that you're right and the page numbering is wrong since it would be unethical for them to reveal their source. detective.gif

• Greenie 1

I think you misunderstand, Sir! The magazine is simply reporting things as it sees them and, whilst I'm sure they do their best to check that their sources are genuine and their stories are factually correct, they can't be expected to check every fact right down to the page number! Your allegation is scurrilous and neither can you prove that you're right and the page numbering is wrong since it would be unethical for them to reveal their source. detective.gif

clapping.gif

Greenie - even if I did have to clean my monitor!