Trading, running a business on the cut!

Dave Payne

Featured Posts

Agreed. A few weeks ago I rolled up at Skipton Farmers Market on the canalside at the junction. There was a coffee boat moored there and I was about to ask for cup when I realised they only sold beans and ground coffee. So it was an insipid tea-bag-in-lukewarm-water-in-a-polystyrene-cup from one of the other stallholders instead.

You should have asked....my coffee is to die for.....

Milk in good coffee is (or should be) a criminal offence...

A bit like putting raisins and apple in one's curry (as was popular in the 70s!)

Kind of true, agree for brewed coffee like pour over, siphon, immersion and espresso but flat whites are the bomb also with the right beans and pulled right!

Now sugar in real coffee, that's criminal!

You should have asked....my coffee is to die for.....

Instant?

We gave a friend a cup of Jim's "Dime Bar" recipe and he thought we were poisoning him!

Told you not to put milk in......

Kind of true, agree for brewed coffee like pour over, siphon, immersion and espresso but flat whites are the bomb also with the right beans and pulled right!

Now sugar in real coffee, that's criminal!

Instant?

You know what I sell Dave

When in London we usually get our coffee from Monmouth Street coffee company (that's where they are located, and I think that's their name). They have the ability to make you a cup of coffee from any of the beans they stock. Customers, especially new ones, are much more likely to buy if they taste it first. That way the shop makes money from the coffee bar section as well as the retail sales. They also sell a selection of artisan cakes and chocolates, but that is entering into a different ball park. They can do it as they're a static shop and in the centre of London, but not easy for a mobile business with fluctuating custom.

Could work well at rallies though - for the tea-selling person too.

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di

This literally means nothing to me... huh.png

It's the 1960s LC, black and white tv on a screen the same size as the plate your 'curry' was on. Only the fact that noone knew any better actually let them get away with calling it curry. Re-runs of the Avengers with Emma Peel and John Steed as leading characters are on some minor channels, but I'm not sure they'll survive the timeshift for anyone other than the original audience. Many here will remember this stuff well, but you're probably not missing much by being born some years after. :)

Trying to remember. ... Funny fried things....In breadcrumbs. Frozen. Molten centre. Shaped like 1/2 a moon. I'm off to Google.

Frozen crispy pancakes! Prefer Purdy.

Edited by mark99