Unusual things you see on/in the cut

luggsy

Featured Posts

Do'n't know if a river counts as 'the cut' (not, technically speaking, I guess)

This is what we saw on the River Great Ouse in July.

IMG_0721_zps172fddoi.jpg

Helen

We saw them also at Earith on the river bank.

On the same trip we also saw a huge bull seal on the river bank on the non tidal Witham in Boston.

The strangest thing we have seen however was a porpoise on the Trent. Very odd being shadowed upriver.

This submarine used its escape hatch me thinks. L&L 2013 coming out of Liverpool.

Bob

https://www.dropbox.com/s/98ofwlrditiezu5/DSC05732.JPG?dl=0

I tried to get the image to show but keep getting the answer " you are not allow this image extension of the forum".

edit for help

Finally managed it.

DSC05732_zpsfxv9ql8j.jpg

Here's a 'submarine' on the Leeds and Liverpool:

U-boat-canal-barge-006.jpg

My new brushcutter is a Honda. I can't help thinking that if I could have afforded a Honda the first time around I'd have still been on the first time around! :)

We run Honda strimmers at work. Main benefit is they are not two stroke. I have a cellar full of knackered two stroke strimmers. Only thing that goes wrong with the Honda's is after about 5 years the crank seals start leaking. Coupled with the tri star blade and you can't go wrong, the one blade cuts everything, which is unusual because normally only nylon line is good for grass.

Certainly can't grumble when they are half the price of the two stroke stills.

We run Honda strimmers at work. Main benefit is they are not two stroke. I have a cellar full of knackered two stroke strimmers. Only thing that goes wrong with the Honda's is after about 5 years the crank seals start leaking. Coupled with the tri star blade and you can't go wrong, the one blade cuts everything, which is unusual because normally only nylon line is good for grass.

Certainly can't grumble when they are half the price of the two stroke stills.

But once you've used Sthil you won't go back ;)

Well, if the word submarine was being used as an adjective you'd be right. However, as it's being used as a noun here, you'd be at odds with all the navies in the world. My money is on them. wink.png

Edited to add the wink so you know I'm not really having a pop!

No - I know! :) It's important to know the difference between a submarine and a submersible though!