CRT interactive map

Detling

Featured Posts

Seems to me to be a map showing crt locations you have to zoom right in to make sense of it.

If you pick a place and zoom into that place then click on an item then it returns the location number For example GU-172-001 for Sharpes Lane bridge or GU-171-004 for the weir opposite the poo farm.

Edited by Loddon

I can not read the map as I am on phone, but is this the promised map for ccers with the 1 km zones marked?

This is the map that shows the 1km lengths that make up each functional location, and the codes for each structure

This is the map that shows the 1km lengths that make up each functional location, and the codes for each structure

i don't think it is. it is just structures, nothing to do with 1km, it is purely an asset map.

The Canal and River Trust (CRT) has created these maps to provide the geographic location of the assets which form the CRT network. Information contained includes the name and functional location of each asset. Functional locations are an internally used unique identifier.

Please note the presence of an asset does not necessarily imply CRT ownership of the asset.

Whilst The Trust makes every effort to present accurate and reliable material and information on the Site, it does not endorse, approve or certify any material and information on the Site as true or accurate, nor do we guarantee or warrant the completeness, efficacy or timeliness of such material and information. Reference to any product, process or service does not constitute nor imply endorsement or recommendation from The Trust unless expressly stated. Accordingly The Trust does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information provided.

© The Canal & River Trust copyright and database rights reserved 2015.

© Crown copyright and database rights, 2015, Ordnance Survey 100022432. © Next Perspectives, 2015.

Edited by GoodGurl

If you zoom in then it shows each canal in 1 km lengths, eg the example above GU-172-001 is an asset between 171 and 172km from Bordesley.

I was interested to see Dukes Cut appears on the map, but then I read the disclaimer above which means they may not own it after all.

If you zoom in then it shows each canal in 1 km lengths, eg the example above GU-172-001 is an asset between 171 and 172km from Bordesley.

I was interested to see Dukes Cut appears on the map, but then I read the disclaimer above which means they may not own it after all.

just looked at it again and yes the canal changes colour every 1km, how cool is that.

i don't think it is. it is just structures, nothing to do with 1km, it is purely an asset map.

The Canal and River Trust (CRT) has created these maps to provide the geographic location of the assets which form the CRT network. Information contained includes the name and functional location of each asset. Functional locations are an internally used unique identifier.

Please note the presence of an asset does not necessarily imply CRT ownership of the asset.

Whilst The Trust makes every effort to present accurate and reliable material and information on the Site, it does not endorse, approve or certify any material and information on the Site as true or accurate, nor do we guarantee or warrant the completeness, efficacy or timeliness of such material and information. Reference to any product, process or service does not constitute nor imply endorsement or recommendation from The Trust unless expressly stated. Accordingly The Trust does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information provided.

© The Canal & River Trust copyright and database rights reserved 2015.

© Crown copyright and database rights, 2015, Ordnance Survey 100022432. © Next Perspectives, 2015.

I know it does the 1km lengths, because I've tried it.

A bit slow, particularly on IE8 and what you get in terms of codes depends on zoom level

Checking on some well known sections of the BCN this map isn't up to much. There are sluices etc missing and it shows virtually nothing of use to the boater. If this is a finished article then why bother? How is it interactive???

Checking on some well known sections of the BCN this map isn't up to much. There are sluices etc missing and it shows virtually nothing of use to the boater. If this is a finished article then why bother? How is it interactive???

Laurance is it not possible to see some good in certain things?

You need to zoom in more and use the Legend on the side, it is actually not bad but does need improving.

just looked at it again and yes the canal changes colour every 1km, how cool is that.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know it does the 1km lengths, because I've tried it.

A bit slow, particularly on IE8 and what you get in terms of codes depends on zoom level

It is a map that is intended to show CRT assets. It isn't supposed to show other stuff

What do you claim is missing?