Hair Dye

Lmcgrath87

Featured Posts

I want to dye my hair, I've tried growing out the glorious red I had currently, but the roots are driving me mad.

I don't however, want to 1. annoy boaty neighbours, 2. kill anything, so can I dye my hair on the boat and rinse out the dyes etc, or am I better off borrowing a bathroom from someone for this purpose?

Before moving ashore the OH dyed her hair at work so that any noxiousness was directed to treatment works rather than straight into the cut.

I doubt if just you doing it into the cut will turn the canal system red (or whatever your next colour is going to be) but if we all did it...

I want to dye my hair, I've tried growing out the glorious red I had currently, but the roots are driving me mad. I don't however, want to 1. annoy boaty neighbours, 2. kill anything, so can I dye my hair on the boat and rinse out the dyes etc, or am I better off borrowing a bathroom from someone for this purpose?

I seem to recall when this has come up before the thoughts seemed to yes in theory there is harmful stuff contained within hair dye but given the extent of dilution when it enters the canal means they are pretty well mitigated.

Just consider how much other harmful stuff goes in such as cleaning products, I suppose it ultimately depends on how environmentally conscious you aspire to be.

If it is going to harm the environment why would you put it on your head?

It's about the concentration versus the size of the living creature it's being applied to. eg a fish normally has a much smaller body mass and surface than your average human.

I seem to recall when this has come up before the thoughts seemed to yes in theory there is harmful stuff contained within hair dye but given the extent of dilution when it enters the canal means they are pretty well mitigated.

Just consider how much other harmful stuff goes in such as cleaning products, I suppose it ultimately depends on how environmentally conscious you aspire to be.

I knew it had come and did a search but couldn't find anything... I'll have to find a new colour first and maybe I'll borrow a bathroom, I'm quite messy and don't want to get dye all over the boat!

..... maybe I'll borrow a bathroom, I'm quite messy and don't want to get dye all over the boat!

Well that confession should reduce the number of offers of a bathroom loan.

If you shave your head you'll find the hair grows back all the same colour.

Mine doesn't.

It's about 50:50 brown to grey these days.

Well that confession should reduce the number of offers of a bathroom loan.

well I won't let the bathroom owner know this obviously!

If you shave your head you'll find the hair grows back all the same colour.

I'm desperately trying to get it longer after cutting to my shoulders and regretting it immediately.

Thing is, wherever you dye your hair, it's going into the water somewhere... I personally find dying my hair on the boat a real pain, and try to arrange to do it when I am at the 'rents, where I use my Ma's dog grooming parlour, or somewhere else where the mess won't matter.

I have, however, just found a hairdresser who will do it for me with my own dye (most places won't allow this, due to their liability if you come out in sores or something) and this is how I got mine recoloured yesterday! Bags less hassle, plus, my forehead and hands are not pink. :D

Thing is, wherever you dye your hair, it's going into the water somewhere... I personally find dying my hair on the boat a real pain, and try to arrange to do it when I am at the 'rents, where I use my Ma's dog grooming parlour, or somewhere else where the mess won't matter.

I have, however, just found a hairdresser who will do it for me with my own dye (most places won't allow this, due to their liability if you come out in sores or something) and this is how I got mine recoloured yesterday! Bags less hassle, plus, my forehead and hands are not pink. biggrin.png

Same here as horror house still not geared up for luxuries such as dyeing hair and don't want to make mess boat but not ready to let the grey take control...thats so aged!

There's a pub on the north Oxford where you can hire a bathroom by the hour - that should do it

That sounds like a Victorian throwback - I fully expect them to be advertised as "Slipper baths".

Which one is it? And can you send a telegram from there?

There was also once things called ''Bath chairs'',enormous three or four wheelers, the front wheels being big caster wheels, in which, when filled with hot water a person could bathe whilst being pushed around seeing all the sites.

Big Railway stations had them for porters to transfer invalid passengers from cars-taxis to their train. They just use small, ordinary wheel chairs now.

There was also once things called ''Bath chairs'',enormous three or four wheelers, the front wheels being big caster wheels, in which, when filled with hot water a person could bathe whilst being pushed around seeing all the sites.

Big Railway stations had them for porters to transfer invalid passengers from cars-taxis to their train. They just use small, ordinary wheel chairs now.

I think some of that is true. But they were surely called bath chairs because of their shape? They often had wicker bodywork which would not have held water very well.

That sounds like a Victorian throwback - I fully expect them to be advertised as "Slipper baths".

Which one is it? And can you send a telegram from there?

Victorian? Blimey I'm not that old. I can remember well trundling off to the Swimming Pool with Dad and brother for a bath in the slipper baths. They put in the hot water and take the tap top away. Lovely big baths. Dad had just lost a business and bought a house without bathroom.

Martyn