New Host - Post Any Issues Here.

Featured Posts

I've been able to get into CWF this morning for the first time in two days - each time I tried I got a "fatal error" message. This morning, rather than press my saved link, I went to Google search and put in "Canal World", and lo! here I am. But immediately prior to that I had tried my saved favourite link and still got a fatal error message. I don't profess to understand this. Should I delete my saved link? Will it never work again?

If I click on the "New Content" button on any page, I get a fatal error message. If I click on my (new, created after the host move) link on my Favourites bar, I go straight to the New Contents page, with no problem. When I want to refresh the page, I have to remember to click on the icon, rather than the button. And yes, I've cleared the cache.

Since my post above, I got that fatal error message twice more when trying to get to the forum new content. This time it's let me in. It seems so hit-and-miss that I think the new server must be Bolinder.

I've been able to get into CWF this morning for the first time in two days - each time I tried I got a "fatal error" message. This morning, rather than press my saved link, I went to Google search and put in "Canal World", and lo! here I am. But immediately prior to that I had tried my saved favourite link and still got a fatal error message. I don't profess to understand this. Should I delete my saved link? Will it never work again?

Snap. Eggsactly what I was a doin until about 7pm yesterday, clicking on my old CWDF bookmark.

Since my post above, I got that fatal error message twice more when trying to get to the forum new content. This time it's let me in. It seems so hit-and-miss that I think the new server must be Bolinder.

You might need to clear your cache, I did.

There's one thing I've noticed, is that the names of members reading this or a thread do not appear below anymore, like now.

Just discovered another issue, with me anyway. 'It won't let me sign out'. I keep clicking on sign out, but it keeps me signed in.

I didn't know I was that well liked. unsure.png

Edited by bizzard

Well I'm back, but I'm not sure how I got here. Still, when I click on "View New Content" on the page which encompasses all the forums, I get a fatal error message. Instead I have to choose one section, e.g. General Boating, so I can read only the new posts in that section. If I want to look at new posts in, say, Virtual Pub (well, someone has to) I have to go back to the list of forum subdivisions and start again. So, thus far, the new system is slower to use than the former one.

What do you mean by "Clear your caché" and how would I attempt this?

Well I'm back, but I'm not sure how I got here. Still, when I click on "View New Content" on the page which encompasses all the forums, I get a fatal error message. Instead I have to choose one section, e.g. General Boating, so I can read only the new posts in that section. If I want to look at new posts in, say, Virtual Pub (well, someone has to) I have to go back to the list of forum subdivisions and start again. So, thus far, the new system is slower to use than the former one.

What do you mean by "Clear your caché" and how would I attempt this?

If you google ''clear cache'' it should tell you how to do it for most browsers. For example, Firefox, Click Options, select advanced, click network tab, Cache web content section ''Clear now''.

Please let me sign out sad.png folk'll be thinkin I've nothin else to do and I have to go and fit a new chimney collar for someone.

Re-booted my machine and sign out seems to be working now.

Nope, stopped working again.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1835008) (tried to allocate 196608 bytes) in /home/ggbqjfrf/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 4736

Using iPhone 4. iOS 7

If I go back into home page and click on 'Gallery' I can usually get back into the forum. I'm guessing it flushes out some kind of overflow situation.

Is this the biggest IP.Board forum? I'm still wondering if their PHP code isn't up to such a large number of users. Most bugs with C type code are down to arrays which haven't been declared big enough and memory leaks.

IOS 7 wasn't the most brilliant incarnation of IOS. AS your an iPhone 4 user I think you are lumbered with it though. As an experiment go to the App Store and download opera. It's a browser, try that one for a couple of days. It might be better.

, as it's a lot lighter on resources.

Nope, stopped working again.

buzzard what browser are you using?

New issue:

On clicking VNC I just got this!

"An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above."

Happened once only so I imagine it really was my PC playing up, as the message says...

IOS 7 wasn't the most brilliant incarnation of IOS. AS your an iPhone 4 user I think you are lumbered with it though. As an experiment go to the App Store and download opera. It's a browser, try that one for a couple of days. It might be better.

, as it's a lot lighter on resources.

I get the same problems with my iPad and other iPhone 4S. Both are running iOS 8.3.

(Don't ask why I've got two phones...I'm not a pimp or dealer BTW...)

Eh? Why should the possession of two telephones suggest that you are? Or do you protest too much?

I followed, to the best of my ability, suggestions given by kind forum colleagues earlier in this thread. I have found out that my computer is using Internet Explorer 11. I have deleted browsing history, the ten boxes on my "Frequent" page are now blank, and....when I go to the CWF Forums front page and press "View New Content" I STILL GET A BLASTED FATAL ERROR NOTICE.

Eh? Why should the possession of two telephones suggest that you are? Or do you protest too much?

Why? Do you have two phones then?

No, my 4S developed a fault where the WiFI and Bluetooth fail so I just use it as a phone. I use the old iPhone 4 for the WiFi. I do get funny looks sometimes when I'm juggling both.

I followed, to the best of my ability, suggestions given by kind forum colleagues earlier in this thread. I have found out that my computer is using Internet Explorer 11. I have deleted browsing history, the ten boxes on my "Frequent" page are now blank, and....when I go to the CWF Forums front page and press "View New Content" I STILL GET A BLASTED FATAL ERROR NOTICE.

It is the cache that you need to clear, not the history.

Site all working well for me on both iOS 8.3 safari and Windows 7 Chrome.

Edited by john6767

I get the same problems with my iPad and other iPhone 4S. Both are running iOS 8.3.

IOS8.3 is current. Have you done a cold start, power completely down then up again phone and iPad.? This clears a common memory area, which seems to help.

I won't ask why you have a second phone, pimping hadn't even crossed my mind til you mentioned it. But I am surprised it's not updated itself to version 8 are you running some customised software? If not I suggest you do update it. You can force this under the settings app. Again make sure you cold start. The device first.

I'm not sure if it's just me and my settings but it doesn't say who is reading a thread at the bottom of the page any more.

Its not just you, Daniel turned a few bits and bobs off pre-move to try improve performance on the old server.

I'm not sure if it's just me and my settings but it doesn't say who is reading a thread at the bottom of the page any more.

Me too, I mentioned it earlier.

I still can't sign out without re-booting.

It is the cache that you need to clear, not the history.

If I had the faintest idea how, I would try to do so. I followed previous instructions as best I could and thought that I had cleared what I needed to clear - but caches were never mentioned in the various instructions which appeared on my screen.

I have no idea what they are, except that they are presumably hidden.