One boat, then two,then three

Skyraker

Featured Posts

Rule 1 of this forum (on which I note you have relatively few posts) is that if you are going to start a thread like this you are bound to get stick from several quarters: the PC brigade, the "All CCers are the second coming of Christ" church, and the Troll-hunters army. And of course the pack of bloodhounds sniffing out fresh meat. And of course the Usuaal Suspects who consider any opinion expressed by someone with fewer than 1000 posts to be contemptible.

Therefore I hope you are thick skinned! But don't think you have fallen into some parallel universe, most folk on here aren't like that, it's just the noisy ones!

Greeno for that Nick (without rivets) smile.png

I would assume that they do know each other and travel in a pack - I have friends who go caravanning like that. I suspect most of us boaters are more solitary by nature but there are certainly some who like to go out together, licensed or not. Coven's not a bad spot for a quiet out of the way mooring with access to shops and so on not far away but probably off the radar a bit for CRT's checkers. I wouldn't worry about them unless the dog's threatening others on the towpath. Everybody's got to be somewhere and maybe their licenses are all stuck in the post, and anyway I seem to remember something on here about you not having to show them any more, so some of them may well be legal. Hammerite's a terrible thing to paint a boat with though. Don't ask how I know.

(A dark miasma surrounds their craft..peripheral darkness if you will, look directly at the craft and it's a black hamerite painted boat...... Look away slightly and there's just a depression in the water.. Bloody floating witchcraft if you ask me).

I :)

I think you'll find that's not hammerite, it's the new anti CRT radar paint. Under development by the cm'ers liberation army. The problem is worse than even the IWA think. These boats are probably an advance party, soon the whole of that stretch of canal will be swarming with similar boats with out cratch covers. You have been warned.

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

I think you'll find that's not hammerite, it's the new anti CRT radar paint. Under development by the cm'ers liberation army. The problem is worse than even the IWA think. These boats are probably an advance party, soon the whole of that stretch of canal will be swarming with similar boats with out cratch covers. You have been warned.

Regards kris

Now their position has been revealed on here they may well get a visit from a Provisional IWA hit squad.

There certainly are a small number of "convoys of rogues" on the cut, and it is a very small number. The boats described do fit the description (real rogues never have shiney boats). The problem is that there are a much greater number of very very lovely people who also fit that description.

Rogues do gravitate towards Staffies which is very sad. They are now one of the most popular dog breeds, and like boaters, 99% of them are good.

..............Dave

• Greenie 1

Just a thought but when your walking your dog, maybe stop and have a chat they may even make you a brew, Don,t start your conversation with,I notice your licence has expired, it could come across as a bit arsie, when you get to know them they may turn out to be nice people and tell you what brought them to your quiet neck of the woods,it,s a nicer way to go through life,than filling yourself with preconceived idea,s about what people should be like because of how they look, give it a go you may be pleasantly surprised

Just a thought but when your walking your dog, maybe stop and have a chat they may even make you a brew, Don,t start your conversation with,I notice your licence has expired, it could come across as a bit arsie, when you get to know them they may turn out to be nice people and tell you what brought them to your quiet neck of the woods,it,s a nicer way to go through life,than filling yourself with preconceived idea,s about what people should be like because of how they look, give it a go you may be pleasantly surprised

Read it again and you can clearly see I didn't say this.

I asked the grp owner before they lobbed up if he'd ever considered licensing his boat

04/12 is taking the piss no?

And I thought he might be removing valuables.... I'll walk right past yours next time your Barry Manilo lps are landing on the towpath via the window.

Edited by Skyraker