Feeling very poor...

Pennie

Featured Posts

... because I've just paid the rest of the money for my new boat!!! biggrin.png

Yay at long last after 5 years of searching, saving and much disappointment I am the proud owner of my first boat.

Well done. Congratulations. smile.png

Long may the water stay on the outside. You'll have to control the jumping up and down with glee. Don't want to bump your head on the low ceiling.

Well done! enjoy :) i am moored at sawley and bought my latest boat in december (a 60' cruiser stern from Barton Turns marina), still cant believe it is mine everytime i step aboard, so i wish you many exciting times ahead and hope the smile remains as long as mine has.

Rick

... because I've just paid the rest of the money for my new boat!!! biggrin.png

Yay at long last after 5 years of searching, saving and much disappointment I am the proud owner of my first boat.

Cheer up!

All you've done is to exchange some cash for a valuable asset.

As long as you didn't pay above market value for the boat, you are probably now actually richer...

Edited by PaulG

Thats the one regret I have is that I couldn't show my dad as he had died..my inheritance brought her. He would have loved my boat.

Still my 3 boys are well impressed..2 of them would like her.

This Sunday show daughter..she was the one dissenting voice so fingers crossed she'll see her as i do.

It really matters not either way as this boat my memorial to my best friend...my dad.

• Greenie 2

• 2 weeks later...

Going to show the mother and best friend my new home today. Neither of them know yet, can't wait to surprise them with the fantastic news biggrin.png

erm....land lubbers don't "get the boat love thing" ......lol....don't be "surprised" if they reel in shock and horror...LOL.

erm....land lubbers don't "get the boat love thing" ......lol....don't be "surprised" if they reel in shock and horror...LOL.

Seconded. My parents and parents in law were deeply 'concerned' when we announced we were buying a boat to live in, rather than a house. (A house was utterly unaffordable for us so we looked at caravans and boats, and came to the obvious conclusion. This was in 1976.)

MtB

Seconded. My parents and parents in law were deeply 'concerned' when we announced we were buying a boat to live in, rather than a house. (A house was utterly unaffordable for us so we looked at caravans and boats, and came to the obvious conclusion. This was in 1976.)

MtB

My dad is so excited and insanely jealous, he thinks it's the best idea in the world.

• Greenie 1