Break ins on the Macclesfield.

Barry

Featured Posts

I actually think that when the OP referred to them as 'caravan boats' i think he meant in the way that they are used. I.e, their owners just visit them at the weekends and holidays etc. I think somebody has assumed he was making a comparison between plastic cruisers and caravans, although how someone can get offended at that I don't get.

#storminateacup

have you sold your caravanboatwithpatio yet?

Getting back to the subject for a brief moment, I don't think burglary is a great problem among us leisure boaters. You have to accept that it happens, but as logn as you don;t leave too much valuable on the boat there's not a lot can get nicked. I've had a genny stolen off the back and had a couple of tramps kip down in it, but neither of the latter pinched anythig. The damage really is what they do to get into the boat in the first place - mine is so easy to jemmy that virtually no repairs were needed.

This was an option of a route for the cruise I had last week, glad I chose the Shroppie! I'm a bit surprised to read this, this area seems pretty safe and quiet as it's only a hamlet; Poynton is a couple of miles away and not exactly on the beaten track with roads. Lyme Park is on the other side. Normally I'd be more wary about leaving a boat in Marple or High Lane than Higher Poynton.

Edited by Philip

Sometimes tea leafs are useful. Some years ago when we had a towpath mooring I wanted to get rid of a couple of blocks of cast iron ballast I had no use for. I left them on the mooring whilst we went off cruising and sure enough when we returned they were gone. I'm going to try this next with my old engine oil.

• 2 months later...

No, it's longhand, being 10 characters as opposed to three!

Had you really never heard the expression before?

Thats the point I was making meaning that it takes longer to type out rather than GRP.

Sometimes tea leafs are useful. Some years ago when we had a towpath mooring I wanted to get rid of a couple of blocks of cast iron ballast I had no use for. I left them on the mooring whilst we went off cruising and sure enough when we returned they were gone. I'm going to try this next with my old engine oil.

Our old engine oil was stolen in Northampton

Our old engine oil was stolen in Northampton

I have a 'roses and castles' water can which came with the boat. It's got the wrong boat name on it and is rusted through in several places. Repair is beyond my skills and in any event, I doubt it was a genuine work of craftsmanship in the first place.

I've left it on the roof in some quite iffy spots but can find no-one to steal it!

I have a 'roses and castles' water can which came with the boat. It's got the wrong boat name on it and is rusted through in several places. Repair is beyond my skills and in any event, I doubt it was a genuine work of craftsmanship in the first place.

I've left it on the roof in some quite iffy spots but can find no-one to steal it!

Back in the summer I had a mountain bike i didn't want anymore. I left it on my tug deck unattended for 14 days on a mooring in Braunston, expecting it to have been pinched by the time I got back. Nobody touched it. 2 days later somebody nicked my 'coolie hat' off the chimney in the middle of nowhere. Sods law!