Christmas Day.

Southern Star

Featured Posts

Back on Topic.............

We're boating on Christmas Day boat.gif

The plan is to set off Christmas morning

Our first outing in the new boat leaving Crick bound for her new home at Thrupp.

Fingers crossed that Napton will open (scheduled for this Friday)

Oh no! If they fall behind schedule you will be stuck outside the Folly Inn for ages n'ages! What will you find to do to help pass the time?

Oh no! If they fall behind schedule you will be stuck outside the Folly Inn for ages n'ages! What will you find to do to help pass the time?

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds of self incrimination cheers.gif

We've got a pretty tight schedule to keep. We have to be at Upper Heyford for New Years Eve and back to Thrupp for the 4th Jan laugh.png

"twas loverly as was the reindeer stew"

I have a coil of rope for the gas locker in my rucksack, a bag of workgloves, long underwear, a pump for the engine oil, packet of vacuum bags... and probably (now) 3 jars of jam - not sure that I could squeeze a reindeer in as well!

(by the way, from where I type, there are 5 reindeers just 15km up the road in Yppäri at the Neste gas station).

Reindeer in stuffed peppers makes a good replacement for lamb. (venison dressed in sheep's clothing?!)(reindeer dressed as lamb?!)

"twas loverly as was the reindeer stew"

I have a coil of rope for the gas locker in my rucksack, a bag of workgloves, long underwear, a pump for the engine oil, packet of vacuum bags... and probably (now) 3 jars of jam - not sure that I could squeeze a reindeer in as well!

(by the way, from where I type, there are 5 reindeers just 15km up the road in Yppäri at the Neste gas station).

Reindeer in stuffed peppers makes a good replacement for lamb. (venison dressed in sheep's clothing?!)(reindeer dressed as lamb?!)

Strewth...............

That must be a hell of a sized pepper to get a reindeer in laugh.png

"That must be a hell of a sized pepper to get a reindeer in"

Reminds me of The Young Ones:

MIKE: How do you get three elephants into a mini?

RICK: I beg your pardon?

MIKE: You chop them in half. Then you chop them in half again. Then you slice them up very finely. Then you mash them. Then you put them in plastic bags. You put some in the boot, you put some in the back seat, and what's left over you put on the passenger seat. [during this speech, Mike has been making his way into the bathroom. When he's finally in, he slams the door on Rick]

Jar of 'lakka' jam bought today for you in Himanka's S-Market :) In Lapland they call it 'hilla'.

You could make small pancakes, put some vanilla ice-cream on them, and some Arctic Cloudberry jam on top. Perhaps on waffles too. Also OK on porridge. Or on toast?

Well I have seen one boat moving in two days, we are now on a finger mooring in Froghall Basin and are the only boat here.

We can't get there. Theoora is too high for the tunnel. sad.png

N