What a brilliant bit of kit

No more bulky with puting everything away vacuum

No power lead to get in the way

Stores and charges on a bracket in a cuboard or wall

No need for 240v

12v or 240

Really power full pick up, with motorised head

Or use as handheld suck up anywhere

So impressed with this, made for the boat, but with the incredible pick up of a mains household vacuum

Ps I am not the MD of dyson

Just a great product for the boat

You will not be disapointed!

Col

Edited by bigcol

I have the older DC35 and agree it's an excellent piece of kit. Also Dyson service is great. Mine died after about 16 months. Returned under 2 year warranty and came back within a week with new charger, new battery and new drum.

Ah, that good old Dyson quality that I know and love so well.

Edited by Kwacker
  • Greenie 1

Ah, that good old Dyson quality that I know and love so well.

Hi , so something gos wrong at 16 months,comes back all working with new parts

That shows good product and excellent service, what more could anyone want.?

I had a dc26 before, had a problem after 3 years, they came out serviced, replaced parts, and only charge me for a filter.

Yes excellent product and company.

We like ours - there are a few things it won't pick up but on the whole it's great for animal hair and light grit.

We do occasionally accidentally knock the catch that releases the flap on the dust collector and end up with a pile of crap on the floor - just something to watch out for :)

We've just bought a Dyson DC44

Not cheap Bought mine inc postage, ex demonstrator £170

That's one helluva good price, they are £300 on ebay!

And I agree. I just bought the version without the long tube (DC58 IIRC) for the boat and it's BRILLIANT.

MtB

I'm not knocking their after sales service, but my experience of their cleaners is that they spend more on convincing the public that bagless is best than actually making them.

Go to the local recycling centre and count the scrapped Dysons, the 5 year guarantee is to reduce the embarrassment.

Oh dear, I'm having a rant, but you could rearrange the following for my real opinion.

Long pole wouldn't touch one with.

Edited by Kwacker

I'm on my second Dyson - though the first was made of better quality materials and is a lot quieter than the second.

They work very well though

I got my first one about 15 years ago after the end of my marriage

A single man's best friend I reckon

Early Dysons were solidly built, so solid in fact women needed a a year's subscription to the gym in preparation.

As for cordless we all know about running stuff from batteries...

Having said that and a bit off topic I recently treated myself to a new cordless drill, I've put up with cheap ones until now but decided to get a DeWalt. The difference it makes is well worth the money, small li-on batteries keep their charge if unused for a length of time. Drill is much smaller than previous stuff and much more powerful, and at last a single sleeve chuck with auto spindle lock takes away the juggling and herculean finger strength needed to fit a drill bit. £148 less 10% old git discount from B&Q. I'm in DIY heaven.

Barry that is a worrying statement on quite a few levels .

Not sure how to think of the idea that a vacuum cleaner is a single mans best pal.

Chuck us the mind bleach.

Well for a single man it is very important to keep one's carpets and furniture dust and muck free and the cobwebs down. You can see why can't you.

So where had you gone?........hmmmmm?.........hmmmmm?

I see from looking at the owners manual that the wretched things still have a filter that you have to wash in COLD water "at least every month". You then have to dry it thoroughly or the next lot of dust concretes in it.

From my experience if you can't get it back to translucent, the suction suffers badly, and the motor will overheat.

Dyson products are great.

We have lived in our house 20 years now. We are on our second Dyson having bought our first shortly after we moved in.

I don't think that's bad going.

A shame he felt the need to move the production abroad though rather than keep it the UK. They are well designed and made products though.

Dyson products are great.

We have lived in our house 20 years now. We are on our second Dyson having bought our first shortly after we moved in.

I don't think that's bad going.

A shame he felt the need to move the production abroad though rather than keep it the UK. They are well designed and made products though.

[i agree Martin given that he is one of the richest men in the world as well but his products do the job and normally are long lasting

Peter/quote]

we have a dyson animal at home..another on board our barge(smaller version of an animal)

the only problem we have is that the tools don't match...not interchangeable....

so the question is ...there an adapter and answers....

p.s.I didn't buy the dysons...thankyou.

Edited by steveiom

Today I am in mourning

My DC01 has died :(

I refuse to believe it is dead.

I want to get it repaired. I have a DC04 that I inherited from my Dad when he died but that hardly gets used - I prefer my DC01. Perhaps I need to bring it to the banter and let Richard Tinker with it. I wonder if it could be the first ever BMC powered Dyson?

Today I am in mourning

My DC01 has died sad.png

I refuse to believe it is dead.

I want to get it repaired. I have a DC04 that I inherited from my Dad when he died but that hardly gets used - I prefer my DC01. Perhaps I need to bring it to the banter and let Richard Tinker with it. I wonder if it could be the first ever BMC powered Dyson?

I presume you have checked all the obvious stuff like looking for blocked filters.

Ours 'dies' occasionally if we are lax about cleaning the filters and the 'overheat' protection on the motor kicks in. We let it cool clean the filters and bingo 'Dyson lives!'

Edited by The Dog House

I will do that but it just failed to work when I pressed the button rather than dying during use.

We last used it on the boat - I took it there as I wanted something more heavy duty than the hand held dyson I have there after doing some maintenance on the window frames. I had not used it since so it is possible it has had a bump or knock that has dislodged a wire during transit

Admitted I am on a shoreline but recently bought a vacuum from Sainsburys for £20. Lovely small design, great suction and 2 years guarantee. Hate spending money on stuff like that (so much music to buy, so little time :-)) so could just about handle 20 quid