Fishing from my boat

redfastlad

Featured Posts

Lets keep this on track .

My point is that CRT should give some priority to boaters so when leasing fishing rights to societies/groups why can they not put in a provision that when no matches are taking place then any Boater may moor and fish from the confines of their boat .

My point is that CRT should give some priority to boaters so when leasing fishing rights to societies/groups why can they not put in a provision that when no matches are taking place then any Boater may moor and fish from the confines of their boat .

That's interesting, I thought that what you are proposing is already the case

Richard

. I think you are right, as an angler since birth and a boater for around five years I do think something along the lines you are suggesting should be implemented so both sides get something out of it instead of treating each other with suspicion,an angler can't fish were a boat is moored so why can't the boater fish from there boat ,when I fished along the K and A bathhampton AA leased 5 miles of canal, of that,one mile was moored boats and the club were demanding a rebait because of this, as it was costing 500 pounds per mile to lease

Because that means boaters don't have to pay for a day ticket. The fishing clubs who pay CRT for the riparian rights want everybody who dips a line into their stretch of the canal to pay for the privilege.

Thats my take on it

Because that means boaters don't have to pay for a day ticket. The fishing clubs who pay CRT for the riparian rights want everybody who dips a line into their stretch of the canal to pay for the privilege.

Thats my take on it

But I don't think boat owners do have to pay for a day license.

Richard

So - I rent a field to graze my horse, however when I am out riding (and not using the field) anyone can come in free of charge and use the field to exercise their dogs, horses or whatever.

Or

I rent a house, but the contract has a clause stating that when I go on holiday anyone can come in and use the facilities that I have paid for.

Wake up and get real !!!!

b0atman, on 30 Sept 2014 - 4:48 PM, said:

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

If you are that keen to fish then why not become a member of your favourite club? I've just checked Birmingham anglers association and the annual membership cost is just £35. Pretty cheap in this day and age. I know if I liked the odd fishing trip I'd happily pay up.

Dave

But I don't think boat owners do have to pay for a day license.

Richard

I'd like to think that too but I'm not sure its the case. I'm pretty certain fishing clubs, or some members of them, would like it not to be the case - hence the original problem that redfastlad initially raised at the beginning of his last thread

If you are that keen to fish then why not become a member of your favourite club? I've just checked Birmingham anglers association and the annual membership cost is just £35. Pretty cheap in this day and age. I know if I liked the odd fishing trip I'd happily pay up.

Dave

But I don't want to fish all day - just for an hour or so from time to time

So - I rent a field to graze my horse, however when I am out riding (and not using the field) anyone can come in free of charge and use the field to exercise their dogs, horses or whatever.

Or

I rent a house, but the contract has a clause stating that when I go on holiday anyone can come in and use the facilities that I have paid for.

Wake up and get real !!!!

The fishing clubs aren't renting the canal, they are paying for the right to fish there.

Edited by Delta9

Dave

But what if you're cruising around, covering the areas of many clubs?

And say you tie up at 7pm on a warm summer's evening, not much chance of getting a day ticket then.

Exactly right Fade to Scarlet I was assuming that boaters where moving around the system.

If a long term mooring stretch then how can the rights to fishing be leased as boats are obviously more likely to be long term moored ?

Exactly right Fade to Scarlet I was assuming that boaters where moving around the system.

If a long term mooring stretch then how can the rights to fishing be leased as boats are obviously more likely to be long term moored ?

Because that is what the rules state!

As has already been linked to, but here they are again:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/contact-us/faqs/fishing

I have a rod and boat licence, And I pay my mooring fee, I have seen lots of anglers on the opposite side of the bank to me, I love fishing and not had a bad word from the anglers from being a fishing match or other....apparently the 'club' own one side of the river so cannot touch our side.....? if this is true??

I am not an angler but a question, do angling clubs "invest" any money in "their" stretch of river e.g. stocking with fish?

Incidentally expecting the right to fish on club waters is to me like expecting to use the local park tennis courts because you belong to the bowls team.

After contacting Newark Piscatorials by e-mail John Garland replied informing me that day ticket prices are £4 per day no concessions for OAP,s if you read their web page membership to this fishing club is limited to people living within an 8 mile radius of Newark, that will exclude most of us visiting boaters, Also associate members can fish these waters but there is a waiting list for membership, so it would seem that CRT have leased the water to Newark who are enforcing the day ticket rules without placing notices on the moorings to inform the boating /fishing people somewhat underhandedly in my opinion, to which I will write to CRT fisheries manager and complain on behalf of the law abiding fishermen/boaters who happen to be falling into NP trap.

You seem to have developed an obsession about fishing in Newark.

1) C&RT have leased the waters to the club to manage in the way they see best.

2) Day tickets are available - if you want to fish, buy a day ticket.

3) Why should there be concessions for OAP's - do they catch less fish ? *

4) Membership is available if you live within 8 miles of Newark - So ? Join if you live in the area, dont if you dont.

If you are a passing boater you can get a day ticket

If you get off your boat you will see the No Fishing / Day Ticket signs all along the bank.

And - according to you there are no fish anyway as the "Eastern Europeans" have eaten them all.

* We were informed by our Governing Body (who had taken legal advice) that the 2010 Equality act meant that offering 'cheaper' membership for OAP's was against the law - unless they only used the 'facilities' in proportion to the discount of their membership.

ie - 'Full' membership = £70,

OAP Membership = £50

OAP's could only use the facilities 5 days a week.

Any service not requiring membership (ie Hair Cut, Cinema, Pub meal etc) is not affected and 'concessions' can be offered.

The Equality Act does not give everyone what they thought they would get - many people are actually 'worse off'.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I don't know why you keep throwing existing rules up what I am saying is that consideration could be given to boaters in future contracts thereby allowing them to fish wherever they are moored free of hindrance.

Again I am not a fisherman but Canals where there for boats the fish came later .

I don't know why you keep throwing existing rules up what I am saying is that consideration could be given to boaters in future contracts thereby allowing them to fish wherever they are moored free of hindrance.

Again I am not a fisherman but Canals where there for boats the fish came later .

I asked this in the previous thread and it was closed soI hope I don't get it closed again. I did ask why the thread had been closed and got no reply. Yes I know mods don't have to explain themselves but I am still wondering why that thread was closed when threads with title like Bugger! and masses of backward and forward sniping are allowed.

Anyway rant over. Why should boaters be allowed to fish from their boat anywhere they want? I can't see the logic.

You seem to have developed an obsession about fishing in Newark.

1) C&RT have leased the waters to the club to manage in the way they see best.

2) Day tickets are available - if you want to fish, buy a day ticket.

3) Why should there be concessions for OAP's - do they catch less fish ? *

4) Membership is available if you live within 8 miles of Newark - So ? Join if you live in the area, dont if you dont.

If you are a passing boater you can get a day ticket

If you get off your boat you will see the No Fishing / Day Ticket signs all along the bank.

And - according to you there are no fish anyway as the "Eastern Europeans" have eaten them all.

* We were informed by our Governing Body (who had taken legal advice) that the 2010 Equality act meant that offering 'cheaper' membership for OAP's was against the law - unless they only used the 'facilities' in proportion to the discount of their membership.

ie - 'Full' membership = £70,

OAP Membership = £50

OAP's could only use the facilities 5 days a week.

Any service not requiring membership (ie Hair Cut, Cinema, Pub meal etc) is not affected and 'concessions' can be offered.

The Equality Act does not give everyone what they thought they would get - many people are actually 'worse off'.

Alan,

You seem to have a policeman like attitude to my posting, I am not crossing swords with you as I need to make people aware of what is happening on our rivers .Next time I post on here I will make sure I have my Readers Digest condensed book of English Law, which it appears you are well versed in!!! Alan life is too short for scoring points, but if this is what gets you off go ahead.