Stoke Bruerne & Back

Ray T

Featured Posts

Not really a cruise diary but we are at Norton Junction at the moment, on the way home.

This trip we have seen more CWDF members than any other trip:

In no particular order; Mac of Cygnet, RLWP, Leo No 2, Patty Ann, By Eck, Jenlyn, Dominic and The Finchers in both of their boats.

ETA

Mrs T has remarked that she expected the canal to be busier than we have seen as it is still the school holidays.

Edited by Ray T

Ray,

Whatever bit of info you were trying to communicate to me, I totally failed to hear over the Lister.

Was it important? :lol:

And to add, we have seen a huge number of CWDF folk in our big trip over the last couple of months, though frustratingly some have just shouted (something like), "you won't know me, as I read it all the time, but don't post". I really have no idea who a lot of them are, but we have also had large numbers introduce themselves personally to us, particularly at the Audlem and Alvecote events.

Possibly most unexpected was David Mack hailing me from the other side of a fence as we walked to the pub in Hebden Bridge, (to meet Dr Bradley, also of this forum),

Also a few shouts of (something like) "You must be Alan - I voted for you in the CRT Council Boater Representative elections". Again often without enough time to find out who they were before we had boated past each other.

I too have just reached Norton Junction after my August cruise.

Many forum members seen, again, in no particular order (and I won't count Alvecote) -FidoDido, Spannerman (several times, me on different boats - excellent curry - thanks), Keeping Ups, Finchers on Chalice, Roxy, Ally, JerryP, Jayseaess(Hope you reached base with no more water ingress), Junior, SuzieQ, Kiwidad/mums boat.

Richard, your PMs are full.

Are you heading back up from Northampton today, then going North at Gayton? If so we'll likely cross at some point. Shout if you want to meet up, and we'll avoid going further than Gayton. (Not that that's very likely anyway, It's gone ten and no sign of action yet......)

MP.

We have seen quite a few on our travels but as I cant work out how to change our boat name on here we are incognito.

Ian

Click on the down arrow next to your name at the top right, select My Profile, then click on Edit My Profile (which is in a black box top right).