TV Prog to. Watch

Phil Ambrose

Featured Posts

Not very impressed at the moment ! Maybe he needs to think about the hole in the side & lack of engine before an all seeing eye !!

That was my thought as well.

Edited to add

What a load of bollocks

Edited by muddywaters

I'm watching it on plus one at the house - I don't get the point of the seeing eye - I mean people have survived for years on boats without a so called balloon 360 degree all seeing eye - this so far is nothing like Guy Martin's a few years back which I personally enjoyed

To cheer everyone up, I would recommend the documentary on the building of Crossrail. Big toys for boys, as one of the participants says.

This week's episode was about tunnelling under the Royal Docks, and under the Thames at Woolwich. Lots of shots of boats on the Thames, and boats going to and from the boat show (January 2013 I think) but no narrowboats, unfortunately.

On iplayer here.

Having not watched it yet (it's in the box with the lights on rather than the pictures) I will suggest that it is not aimed at anyone who is actually interested in boats but aimed at those who might be interested in the quirks associated with not living on a sink estate (which is well supplied by soaps and reality)

Guy Martin's series improved with time and had a semi serious/educational element but I can't do anything but defend him as a demi-god of motorcycles - he is simply incredible on two wheels, on some machines he has built himself.

To cheer everyone up, I would recommend the documentary on the building of Crossrail. Big toys for boys, as one of the participants says.

This week's episode was about tunnelling under the Royal Docks, and under the Thames at Woolwich. Lots of shots of boats on the Thames, and boats going to and from the boat show (January 2013 I think) but no narrowboats, unfortunately.

On iplayer here.

Apart from the slightly strange American engineer, that was a fascinating programme. I'll bet the CrossRail engineering won't be a sound as the Victorian elements it replaces in 150 years time.

Edited by davey b

On iplayer here.

Seconded - a very enjoyable programme/series and that episode has a good 'boaty' theme too.

Um, What a load of old tosh...

The problem is that the producers have to 'spice things up a bit' to make such programs remotely interesting to average jo public. Just making a program about living on a boat would be utterly boring to most folk (or rather that is how they see it).

Hence the Timothy West and Prunella program had to spiced up a bit with 'incidents' and the Guy Martin program also had to be a bit quirky. A program about doing stuff 'properly' just wouldn't capture any interest for most people.

Toilet TV.

Armadillo idea wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't gold and actually fitted so there wasn't a gaping hole at the front. One good gust of wind and and the whole lot would be airborne. Will be watching paint dry next week for some excitement.

It had nothing whatsoever to do with boats.

Just three variations on things already happening.

Sending a camera up on a balloon

A foldable tent

Hydroponics with fish

I did just make it to the end but will not be watching any-more.

I should have heeded the warnings in this topic, but I watched the thing on catch-up last night. Eeeuuuurgh!

I found myself hoping the boat sank, taking everything except human life with it.

I too was wondering how long that ghastly canopy would stay on in a strong headwind.

I haven't seen a worse boat-related programme ever. Even Triangle was better.