Boatman cabin

chopper

Featured Posts

Try back cabin.....and middlewich is the only company I can think of....unless the braidbar hire boat has one...there are some other small hire outfits that might have one but I can't remember names....sorry!

Cheers

Gareth

Boatmans cabin.............

............................. incomming ohmy.png

Yep, who else would the 'back cabin' be for?!

:D

MtB

P.S. Even so, we all knew what he meant.

Had the OP asked for a hireboat with a 'back cabin', there would have be questions asking for clarification....

Yes, I think that point was touched upon earlier. I guess that, as some working boats had small cabins at the front as well, "back cabin" would be a valid expression.

Yes, I think that point was touched upon earlier. I guess that, as some working boats had small cabins at the front as well, "back cabin" would be a valid expression.

If you had two, that would be fair enough, but surely the majority didn't?

"Back cabin" is wrong, its a modern enthusiast term. On all original specs and drawings the cabin is called the Boatman's cabin or "aft cabin" or just "cabin".The term "Boatmans cabin" is the reason why we called our original chandlery manufacturing concern "Boatmans Cabin Co" (now part of High Line Yachting Ltd).

"Back cabin" is wrong, its a modern enthusiast term. On all original specs and drawings the cabin is called the Boatman's cabin or "aft cabin" or just "cabin".The term "Boatmans cabin" is the reason why we called our original chandlery manufacturing concern "Boatmans Cabin Co" (now part of High Line Yachting Ltd).

Not "all" original plans and drawings, it's "accomodation" on the Severner plans I've seen.

I've seen "Boatman's Cabin" on.the middle northwich plans, I think it was, that you put on here- is.it.called that on all.the other GU boat plans? And do.you.have Josher plans too?

Not "all" original plans and drawings, it's "accomodation" on the Severner plans I've seen.

I've seen "Boatman's Cabin" on.the middle northwich plans, I think it was, that you put on here- is.it.called that on all.the other GU boat plans? And do.you.have Josher plans too?

The only "middle Northwich" plan I know too is the cross section of the hold, have not seen others as the boats are effectively "small Northwich" style with an altered bottom. From memory only the Yarwoods "Admiral" mentions Boatmans Cabin, all the GU drawings just mention "Cabin" or "Aft cabin". Yarwoods produced a very detailed interior layout set of drawings for the aft cabins on GU boats, it is still the best drawing available to work from. "Accommodation" is often seen on wide beam drawings. A full list of my drawings collection is on my website www.Laurencehoggproductions.co.uk .