Floods Ferry Marina Park

Featured Posts

Hello everyone :D

My name is June. My husband and I are the owners of Floods Ferry Marina Park on the old nene middle level waterway near March in Cambridgeshire.

If you have any questions about our beautiful holiday park and marina please ask . I look forward to hearing from you!

You could also email me via our website www.floodsferrymarina.co.uk or the best number to telephone me on is the mobile number on the website. :D

Regards, June

Paul, it's unsolicited advertising on a general board, in layman's parlance that is spam. We have an advertisement forum, post on which are checked by mods before going 'live'. Those not interested in adverts (like me ;-) ), don't have to read them. If we let all and sundry start advertising threads in all fora, we'll soon be inundated.

On the other hand, I'm only a curmudgeonly sod, so take no notice.

I certainly don't doubt it's advertising, Absolutely. Just read the Members Name, Words used in the Phrasing of post ect.

(Did you go and read reference posts indicated !)

It was my suggestion that they run it past the Mods first !.

As it's got all the Hallmarks of what I would say in my Highly Successful and reasonably priced Media Advertising Company that gives 'Nulife' to ideas !.

ninja.gif

(Only joking Mods,, I'm quite expensive really)

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

I certainly don't doubt it's advertising, Absolutely. Just read the Members Name, Words used in the Phrasing of post ect.

(Did you go and read reference posts indicated !)

It was my suggestion that they run it past the Mods first !.

As it's got all the Hallmarks of what I would say in my Highly Successful and reasonably priced Media Advertising Company that gives 'Nulife' to ideas !.

ninja.gif

(Only joking Mods,, I'm quite expensive really)

I did. I think this could get entertaining..

Budge up, I'll bring the donuts.

Advertising. If you are going to advertise it's much better to do it in a kind of "we've just got 21st century internet" kind of way.

I agree we could even mention the possibility of a new DVD, least there's a nice subtlety to it

Hi everyone, nope, definitely NOT advertising

I wanted to let everyone know exactly who I am and quell the unfounded awful comments about me!

If I had just joined under a made up name and not invited people to come and meet me in person then how would you have known who I really am?

I'm not sure now which thread to comment on, as for the people that write the awful comments about me, remember there are two sides to every story, I should write a book!

If you would like to see first hand who I am and how I run our park, come and see for yourself :D

June

I wanted to let everyone know exactly who I am and quell the unfounded awful comments about me!

If I had just joined under a made up name and not invited people to come and meet me in person then how would you have known who I really am?

I'm not sure now which thread to comment on, as for the people that write the awful comments about me, remember there are two sides to every story, I should write a book!

If you would like to see first hand who I am and how I run our park, come and see for yourself :D

June

. Don,t know you or your holiday park but would like to say welcome and FairPlay to you

June

Hi June, best to keep replies in the thread that they are made in

On the other hand, as a business it's hard to come out of those kind of exchanges looking good unless you are very careful

Welcome to the forum

Richard

Dear June

I cruised past a couple of days ago, on the way to Ely. My impression was that the park looked very tidy and well run.

I didn't see the notice about how to enquire about moorings (as I recall, a phone number and a discouragement to call at the bungalow?) until I had nearly gone past. So I would suggest you might consider a notice at each end of the marina, saying who you are and whether/where/how visiting boats are encouraged to stop. In biggish letters, so we can read them...

As I recall most of the earlier postings were about whether passing boaters could stop for the night, as proper overnight moorings are not that easy to find on the ML. We stopped for lunch for 30 mins by just tying up to the flood bank a few hundred yards further on, which was fine.

Hello scholar gypsy,

I think I remember seeing your narrowboat go by, I always look at the boat names.

Good idea to put up another sign at the other end of the park, we have thought about it before but thought one large sign along the river would be enough, it's now on my 'to do' list, thanks :)

We are considering whether to fence off the overnight mooring stage to allow pre-booked overnight mooring only with no entrance to the park itself.

Kind regards,June

Just got back to this.

June.

I read your rambling reply.

I won't pick it to bits. Life is too short.

If you don't want visitors mooring BELOW your garden shift it further up towards the middle of the park.

I am not sure of the value of coming to see floods ferry by car unless you intended on mooring their permanently. Most on here would be interested in visiting by boat but can't.....

A fenced in visitors mooring with no access to bins, toilets, showers or the footpaths around is the most unappealing thing I have ever heard.

FYI buckden marina on the Ouse provide overnight mooring with use of bins, water, showers, sauna and pool for £10 per boat. They also have an excellent bar and restaurant.

What would you charge to tie up and have the use of zero facilities?

Edited by gazza