Floods Ferry Marina Park

Featured Posts

As an outsider looking in, bearing in mind I have never been there & have no axe to grind, here is how it sounds to me.

No visitor mooring (whatever your reasons may be)... not welcome.
Might put in a VM fenced off from everyone else, prebook only... not welcome
Email me, telephone me, but dont want the information out there in a public domain... makes me suspicious of what you have to hide.
A website that doesnt work properly... waste of time, how hard is it to do a website that works properly.
Email contact by form only, wont publish your email address... pet hatred of mine, yes we all want to avoid spam, but you are a business, why dont you want my e-mail client to keep a copy of anything I might email you, that makes me suspicious.
When you defended yourself against the allegations, all you did was moan about them a few times, but not actually defend them at first, just made references to email me, ask me... those allegations or questions were already there, makes me think you like to play games.

Basically it doesnt inspire me to want to come there or even bother to find out any more info about mooring there.

Basically it doesnt inspire me to want to come there or even bother to find out any more info about mooring there.

Having been watching on the side lines I think I might go further than Ssscruddy......I am planning a journey in those waters for next summer and I will be careful to ensure that I have no need of a vm in your vicinity.

Good morning everyone :)

Beautiful sunny morning here on the park :)

Obviously there are people that comment not very nice things on this forum without really knowing what they're commenting on!

I'm damned if I do post on here and damned if I don't, there's nothing as strange as folk, I welcome genuine questions about our park. I'll let the not so nice unfounded posts go over my head.

Our park is a small family run park , the paying people on our park love the fact we do not have general public having access to the park. That is the only reason I mentioned maybe allowing people to moor overnight with no access to the park, and because of the layout of the park the overnight moorers wouldn't be able to get out of the park anyway. We do not even have overnight touring because of these reasons.

Sorry if anyone doesn't like my website, I created the little website myself even tho I am not an internet wizard! I'm proud of what I've done :) and the emails come straight to my personal email, why would anyone take offence to that? I have nothing to hide, anyone can telephone me, and come visit me :D

I have already posted why we closed the overnight mooring. I would like to inform anyone interested that there are lovely overnight moorings close by in Benwick and March. Again, sorry for any inconvenience caused to anyone by not being able to overnight moor on our park.

The name floods ferry, its the historical name of this area, the park was named by the previous owners that started the park.

I welcome constructive questions about our park :D

Kind regards,June

June.

As i told you earlier the opinion people will form of you is based on what you type.

None of what you post helps anyone who is planning to travel from the canal network onto the Ouse.

All you have managed to do is say how lovely your place is and that you don't take kindly to criticism.

A good ploy in business is to use criticism constructively. You should use it to make your business stronger and better than any competition you may have.

You are in a unique position of having no competition on the link route that can provide such a nice spot for a visiting boater and yet you have managed to make the perception of your place worse amongst visiting boaters rather than better.

As I said before, having met you a couple of times I had a feeling you would let your emotional attachment cloud your business brain.

Unfortunately I feel I can't add much more to this to help you or other posters, other than telling anyone to stay we clear of FF

Nothing in my post is a personal slight on you, it is only a comment on how you choose to run your business - which as I have said previously is obviously your call.

Any thoughts on the comparison between Buckden marina and your idea for visiting boaters at FF?

I wasn't being nasty. Consider it feedback. You are in business, grow a thicker skin.
I didnt say that I didnt like your website, I said it doesnt work. You obviously didnt like that bit of criticism, & I can understand that if you wrote it yourself that you could be a bit miffed because some random stranger on the interwbz doesnt like your website... If you had paid someone to write it then you would go back to them & tell them to write it properly.

Take a look at where my mouse pointer is - no link to take me to that "contact" page
floodferrylink1.png

Now see where my mouse pointer is - that is where the "contact" link is.
floodferrylink2.png

I suggest you have a look at your coding, because it doesnt work, it does that for each of your links, nothing to do with me being horrible or making unfounded comments.

So the emails come to your inbox, so what, completely misses the point of what I already said was a pet hate of mine (& I'm sure quite a few others)

Based on your reactions it sounds like the customer is always wrong, wont listen to criticism, & have been on some corporate training course that teaches you to go around smiling but not dealing with any issue that a customer may have

Oops, left my real name visible, curses, now peeps will know who I am!

Edited by Ssscrudddy

I suggest you have a look at your coding, because it doesnt work, it does that for each of your links, nothing to do with me being horrible or making unfounded comments.

So the emails come to your inbox, so what, completely misses the point of what I already said was a pet hate of mine (& I'm sure quite a few others)

Interestingly it does work fine on IE - when the cursor is over the "contact" word it opens the contact page. Presumably a failure to take into account some difference between IE and Firefox that I note you are using. Getting web sites to work across all platforms is not particularly easy hence why there are lots of well paid professional web designers!

For me the most irritating bit of the website is the really annoying font. When opening the "about" page one is presented with wall-to-wall scribble which really puts one off reading it. I was quite interested to read it but I just couldn't face it, so I didn't. Sorry June, nice effort for a beginner but it presents your business in a very unprofessional light. One has to be cruel to be kind!

Yes, the email thing is annoying too!

Since the marina is not interested in passing trade I suppose there is no need for a slick website and at least it does give an honest impression of what (I suspect) the rest of the establishment is like.

Hello,

Thankyou for your constructive criticism about the website, feedback appreciated.

I know nothing about Firefox or ie

This is the first time I've been made aware that the pointer doesn't work on some peoples computers.

I have no problem putting my email details for all to see I just like separating business emails from private emails.

Is it hard to email via website contact ?

I have lots of emails via the website and no one has given me any hint of problems.

We do not need a big fancy website we are a small business, but I at least want it to work, I will look into it now you have let me know, thankyou :)

June

I have no problem putting my email details for all to see I just like separating business emails from private emails.

Is it hard to email via website contact ?

Certainly one would want to have separate emails for the business and for personal, but that is achieved by just having 2 email addresses! Your computer email client (Outlook, Windows Live Mail etc) can then be configured to receive both email addresses and to keep them separate. What people dislike about the type of email form that you have on the website is that is not what they are used to, and in particular once the email is composed and sent there is nothing left to give the sender any confidence it was actually sent - no email residing in the "sent" folder of their email client, no record of what and was sent and when.

Set against that is the problem with web robots. These automatically trawl through web pages looking for email addresses that they can then spam. One of the reasons for a contact form such as you have is to fool these bots. This is obviously good for you, but it is not the only means of fooling bots. For example you can slightly hide your published email address by adding spaces around the @ or suchlike. The bot is confused, the human realises it is an email address with extra spaces!

Hi ya Again FFMP.

Well, quite a mix,

So to spell it out for the likes of me, I know it has been suggested that 'Over Nighters', not being so Welcome or Practical, but Would it be an inviteing, interesting place with Facilities for 'Visiting' Boaters, There Crew and There Fury Friends to visit and stay for a Long Weekend or so, sometime over the coming summer Months.

Or do you really want Focus more on say Foot,Car day trade,and Caravan or Lodge interests,

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Hi Emma, I'm not familiar with the term "over-weaning" could you explain, just curious.

Phil

Hi ya matey,

I've heard similar phrases used to suggest Extended Mothering Terms in relation to animal circles anyway.

But if you check out some of Emma's past

posts, some are really cryptic !.

I asked a similar question,in a Thread -

Apparently you have to think 'lateraly'.

All above my intellect anyway.

I give in.

ninja.gif I DO know what you mean gazza !

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

I wasn't being nasty. Consider it feedback. You are in business, grow a thicker skin.

I didnt say that I didnt like your website, I said it doesnt work. You obviously didnt like that bit of criticism, & I can understand that if you wrote it yourself that you could be a bit miffed because some random stranger on the interwbz doesnt like your website... If you had paid someone to write it then you would go back to them & tell them to write it properly.

Take a look at where my mouse pointer is - no link to take me to that "contact" page

floodferrylink1.png

Now see where my mouse pointer is - that is where the "contact" link is.

floodferrylink2.png

Based on your reactions it sounds like the customer is always wrong, wont listen to criticism, & have been on some corporate training course that teaches you to go around smiling but not dealing with any issue that a customer may have

Oops, left my real name visible, curses, now peeps will know who I am!

The site appears to have been created using "Sitemaker Live":

http://www.sitemakerlive.com/en/index.htm

This seems to make extensive use of Flash and also Javascript for browser detection.

Certainly the appearance is quite different when browsing with IE and Firefox.

The links all worked OK with my Firefox (28.0).

Possibly you need to see if your Flash is up to date, and check your Javascript settings.

Edited by PaulG

Not a lot of point Paul is there, posting phrases that are meaningless to all but educational elite.

Phil

As a former member of the "educational elite" (I taught English at University), let me say that what Emma wrote is meaningless to me too.

Take "over-weaning" for example. What is that supposed to mean? Weaning means, in simple terms, changing an infant's feeding regime from mother's teat to other sources of food. How can one possibly over-wean? The expression simply makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Paul G2

As a former member of the "educational elite" (I taught English at University), let me say that what Emma wrote is meaningless to me too.

Take "over-weaning" for example. What is that supposed to mean. Weaning means, in simple terms, changing an infant's feeding regime from mother's teat to other sources of food. How can one possibly over-wean? The expression simply makes no sense whatsoever.

Gosh! It would be so tempting to point out all your sentence construction and punctuation errors but ... No!

Any anyway you just edited one out!

Edited by nicknorman

Gosh! It would be so tempting to point out all your sentence construction and punctuation errors but ... No!

Any anyway you just edited one out!

As it would be to point out yours, Nick. But then, this is a forum and playing grammar police is a fool's game, isn't it?

As it would be to point out yours, Nick. But then, this is a forum and playing grammar police is a fool's game, isn't it?

I make loads of errors and often use "casual-speak" but then I didn't formerly teach English at a University! Just funning, you understand?

Take "over-weaning" for example. What is that supposed to mean? Weaning means, in simple terms, changing an infant's feeding regime from mother's teat to other sources of food. How can one possibly over-wean? The expression simply makes no sense whatsoever.

I suspect they meant "overweening".

We'll i,m not very well educated and to me over weening would mean the same as to long on the tit I.e spoilt bratt don,t know who it,s aimed at . And to some of the knit pickers I think June has tried to put her side of the story across and done so reasonably we'll she has tried to be approachable and answer your woes so now we have to try and pull her web site to bits just accept you can,t stop there overnight and plan your route to ensure you stop before or after you reach FFM it,s not that difficult surely